Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default brain-dead WWV 'atomic clock'

On 11/6/2011 9:18 PM, hr(bob) wrote:
On Nov 6, 7:51 pm, wrote:
Time again for the twice a year 'atomic clock' thread. Mine reset itself
just like it should last night, but sometime today set itself back to
daylight time. I tried a force reset, but ten minutes later the hands
had gone from wrong time back to correct daylight time.

This seems to happen with every single time change or dead battery.

Did anyone ever come up with a diagnosis, last time around?

--
aem sends...

Is it possible that the clock thinks you are in a different time zone?

Well, the button I held down while pushing the force reset said 'ET' on
it....

Mebbe I'll try pulling and reinstalling battery, or putting in a fresh
one if I have that size in stock. (I've been avoiding buying batteries
till I use up all the old over-age ones laying around.)

--
aem sends...