Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Gill Bill Gill is offline

Default brain-dead WWV 'atomic clock'

On 11/8/2011 1:17 AM, Mr. Austerity wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
Time again for the twice a year 'atomic clock' thread. Mine reset
itself just like it should last night, but sometime today set itself
back to daylight time. I tried a force reset, but ten minutes later
the hands had gone from wrong time back to correct daylight time.

This seems to happen with every single time change or dead battery.

Did anyone ever come up with a diagnosis, last time around?

Speaking of,
I have one of these and I love it, the time and date are always correct
and it recharges the battery.... I wish they made a dress watch like this,
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-MTG900DA...736520&sr=1-12

I think you can get fancier atomic watches, but I didn't want to pay
the extra price for one. Mine has been working fine.

Bill