Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default brain-dead WWV 'atomic clock'

On 11/8/2011 2:17 AM, Mr. Austerity wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
Time again for the twice a year 'atomic clock' thread. Mine reset
itself just like it should last night, but sometime today set itself
back to daylight time. I tried a force reset, but ten minutes later
the hands had gone from wrong time back to correct daylight time.

This seems to happen with every single time change or dead battery.

Did anyone ever come up with a diagnosis, last time around?

Speaking of,
I have one of these and I love it, the time and date are always correct
and it recharges the battery.... I wish they made a dress watch like this,
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-MTG900DA...736520&sr=1-12

They used to. I have a model wva-430a with a stainless steel case and
link bracelet that I purchased at a military exchange about 3-4 years
ago. It has worked flawlessly. When I am outside the US and cannot
connect to the time signal, the quartz movement keeps time to within
about 2-3 seconds/month.

I see on the web that every link to that model shows out of stock or
otherwise unavailable. Hard to believe that Casio didn't sell enough to
warrant continued manufacture. I love mine. I'd really love an
equivalent watch that picks up the European time signals as well as the
US and Japanese ones. The only ones I've seen are manufactured by
boutique companies and cost 10 times or more what I paid for the Casio.

Maybe you can luck out finding a used one on-line although I wonder why
anyone who owns one would want to dispose of it unless it was faulty.