Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Gill Bill Gill is offline

Default brain-dead WWV 'atomic clock'

On 11/6/2011 7:51 PM, aemeijers wrote:
Time again for the twice a year 'atomic clock' thread. Mine reset itself
just like it should last night, but sometime today set itself back to
daylight time. I tried a force reset, but ten minutes later the hands
had gone from wrong time back to correct daylight time.

This seems to happen with every single time change or dead battery.

Did anyone ever come up with a diagnosis, last time around?

I don't have a diagnosis, but I have one like that. It is a Sharp
And it works the morning after the change, then resets itself
sometime in the afternoon. But the good thing is that the next
day, this morning this time around, it is correct again. So the
thing to do is to ignore it on the day it resets. It
has bugged me for some time how it does that. Obviously some
problem in the programming. However, I have another one, same
model, that I bought later. They "fixed" that one. Now it
is programmed to change by date, not by the flag on the
time signal. So it changes by the old DST schedule. It was
an hour behind for the past week, and will be an hour ahead
for a month come Spring. I lived with it for the past week,
but come Spring I will go ahead and change the time zone so
it reads right.

Bill