Posted to alt.home.repair

Default more paint questions

Melanie and Laura, my lovely lesbians whose house I'm taking care of,
did a significant remodel using me before they left for a deployment.
Now the paint that was in perfect condition when I finished up for them
2 months ago is in the garage of the house that is now rented out and
we're looking at our first freezing temps here on the rio grande.

Simple question: what temperatures ruin latex and over what horizon.

--
Uno
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 00:06:49 -0600, Uno wrote:

Now the paint that was in perfect condition when I finished up for them
2 months ago is in the garage of the house that is now rented out and
we're looking at our first freezing temps here on the rio grande.

Simple question: what temperatures ruin latex and over what horizon.

Two months old? It can go to at least 40 below zero, probably more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Lesbians in the military? That opens up a lot of humor.

"I just hate those Afghanis. The prime minister's wife
offended me."
"You look great in that size nine uniform!"
"What was the DOD thinking? That desert camo is so totally
ugly."

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Uno" wrote in message
Melanie and Laura, my lovely lesbians whose house I'm taking
care of,
did a significant remodel using me before they left for a
deployment.
Now the paint that was in perfect condition when I finished
up for them
2 months ago is in the garage of the house that is now
rented out and
we're looking at our first freezing temps here on the rio
grande.

Simple question: what temperatures ruin latex and over what
horizon.

--
Uno

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:j960cv
:

Lesbians in the military? That opens up a lot of humor.

"I just hate those Afghanis. The prime minister's wife
offended me."

Spelling correction: Ohfeeeeeeeeended

"You look great in that size nine uniform!"
"What was the DOD thinking? That desert camo is so totally
ugly."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 6, 8:45*am, Red Green wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:j960cv
:

Lesbians in the military? That opens up a lot of humor.

"I just hate those Afghanis. The prime minister's wife
offended me."

Spelling correction: Ohfeeeeeeeeended

"You look great in that size nine uniform!"
"What was the DOD thinking? That desert camo is so totally
ugly."- Hide quoted text -

Latex paint cans always say to keep from freezing. I would
guess that the consequences of it freezing would vary depending on the
exact paint formulation and how hard it
freezes.

If it's inside a garage of a house, it will take sustained temps
well below freezing outside before it will freeze inside. If it's
stored well inside the garage, close to heated part of the house, it
can probably go down to 20F or less without freezing
the paint. However, since it's a few cans of paint, if there is
any chance of it getting that cold, why not just put it somewhere safe?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/6/2011 7:59 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Lesbians in the military? That opens up a lot of humor.

"I just hate those Afghanis. The prime minister's wife
offended me."
"You look great in that size nine uniform!"
"What was the DOD thinking? That desert camo is so totally
ugly."

I question "lovely". In my opinion, such ladies in real life do not
look like those on the Howard Stern Show
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 07:48:08 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 00:06:49 -0600, Uno wrote:

Now the paint that was in perfect condition when I finished up for them
2 months ago is in the garage of the house that is now rented out and
we're looking at our first freezing temps here on the rio grande.

Simple question: what temperatures ruin latex and over what horizon.

Two months old? It can go to at least 40 below zero, probably more.

After reading trader4's response, I see the question properly. I
thought you were talking about recently applied paint, not leftovers
in cans. I'd put it in a warmer place.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 6, 9:29*am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 07:48:08 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 00:06:49 -0600, Uno wrote:

Now the paint that was in perfect condition when I finished up for them
2 months ago is in the garage of the house that is now rented out and
we're looking at our first freezing temps here on the rio grande.

Simple question: what temperatures ruin latex and over what horizon.

Two months old? *It can go to at least 40 below zero, probably more.

After reading trader4's response, I see the question properly. *I
thought you were talking about recently applied paint, not leftovers
in cans. *I'd put it in a warmer place.

Yes, not to be facetious this time, latex paint is an emulsion and
freezing will often break down an emulsion.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 00:06:49 -0600, Uno wrote:

Now the paint that was in perfect condition when I finished up for them
2 months ago is in the garage of the house that is now rented out and
we're looking at our first freezing temps here on the rio grande.

Keep the paint buckets out of the river.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uno wrote:
Melanie and Laura, my lovely lesbians whose house I'm taking care of,
did a significant remodel using me before they left for a deployment.
Now the paint that was in perfect condition when I finished up for
them 2 months ago is in the garage of the house that is now rented
out and we're looking at our first freezing temps here on the rio
grande.
Simple question: what temperatures ruin latex and over what horizon.

In what way is the comment "lesbians" necessary to your question?

Other then for the cheap amusement of Stormin

--
PV

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your
Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Posted to alt.home.repair
Uno Uno is offline

On 11/6/2011 7:17 AM, Frank wrote:
On 11/6/2011 7:59 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Lesbians in the military? That opens up a lot of humor.

"I just hate those Afghanis. The prime minister's wife
offended me."
"You look great in that size nine uniform!"
"What was the DOD thinking? That desert camo is so totally
ugly."

I question "lovely". In my opinion, such ladies in real life do not look
like those on the Howard Stern Show

These babes are so ****ing hot that I needed to build them a shower just
to cool off. They took me with them to hot yoga, and for a tip, gave me
a gift certificate for 2 more sessions: it straightens out all that ****
in your back, and howard stern can only dream about building a
relationship of trust with a pair of great gals.

I'll let my ladies know that it'll be better if I keep their paint here.
--
Uno
Posted to alt.home.repair
Uno Uno is offline

On 11/6/2011 5:43 PM, PV wrote:
Uno wrote:
Melanie and Laura, my lovely lesbians whose house I'm taking care of,
did a significant remodel using me before they left for a deployment.
Now the paint that was in perfect condition when I finished up for
them 2 months ago is in the garage of the house that is now rented
out and we're looking at our first freezing temps here on the rio
grande.
Simple question: what temperatures ruin latex and over what horizon.

In what way is the comment "lesbians" necessary to your question?

Other then for the cheap amusement of Stormin

Would it have been better if I didn't mention the rather dramatic sexual
tension?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Uno Uno is offline

On 11/8/2011 11:06 PM, PV wrote:
Uno wrote:
On 11/6/2011 5:43 PM, PV wrote:
Uno wrote:
Melanie and Laura, my lovely lesbians whose house I'm taking care
of, did a significant remodel using me before they left for a
deployment. Now the paint that was in perfect condition when I
finished up for them 2 months ago is in the garage of the house
that is now rented out and we're looking at our first freezing
temps here on the rio grande.
Simple question: what temperatures ruin latex and over what horizon.

In what way is the comment "lesbians" necessary to your question?

Other then for the cheap amusement of Stormin

Would it have been better if I didn't mention the rather dramatic
sexual tension?

Yes it would have

Go see a drag show. It could help you with those thoughts you didn't
want to think.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Uno Uno is offline

On 11/6/2011 2:50 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 00:06:49 -0600, wrote:

Now the paint that was in perfect condition when I finished up for them
2 months ago is in the garage of the house that is now rented out and
we're looking at our first freezing temps here on the rio grande.

Keep the paint buckets out of the river.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mDGA...&feature=share

That's impossible at I-25 and the rio grande.

2 Paint questions desgnr[_2_] Home Repair 14 August 31st 09 01:36 AM
Paint questions engwar Home Repair 8 May 26th 09 06:57 PM
Tile paint questions Broadback UK diy 2 September 25th 07 12:09 PM
Lacquer vs paint questions [email protected] Woodworking 2 December 28th 05 03:40 PM
Paint questions Dee Home Repair 4 September 13th 04 11:18 AM