Dee

Default Paint questions

I'm going to be having the exterior of my house painted. In looking at Ben
Moore's paint lines, I see there is the top-of-the-line Moorgard, and also
a "contractor's" line called Super Spec. Price difference between the
two is about $7.00/gallon, or about $250 for the entire job.

I'm wondering if Moorgard is worth the extra money. Has anyone had any
experience using Super Spec as opposed to Moorgard or vice versa?

Thanks, Dee
Edwin Pawlowski

"Dee" wrote in message ..
I see there is the top-of-the-line Moorgard, and also
a "contractor's" line called Super Spec. Price difference between the
two is about $7.00/gallon, or about $250 for the entire job.

I'm wondering if Moorgard is worth the extra money.

I've used Moorgard with very good results. Never used the cheaper stuff.
While it does cost $250 more initially, if you get another couple of years
out of it, I'd say it is money well spent.

Kyle Boatright

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. ..

"Dee" wrote in message ..
I see there is the top-of-the-line Moorgard, and also
a "contractor's" line called Super Spec. Price difference between the
two is about $7.00/gallon, or about $250 for the entire job.

I'm wondering if Moorgard is worth the extra money.

I've used Moorgard with very good results. Never used the cheaper stuff.
While it does cost $250 more initially, if you get another couple of years
out of it, I'd say it is money well spent.

Good point. I've always found that paint is one of those things where you
get what you pay for.

KB

Norminn

Dee wrote:
I'm going to be having the exterior of my house painted. In looking at Ben
Moore's paint lines, I see there is the top-of-the-line Moorgard, and also
a "contractor's" line called Super Spec. Price difference between the
two is about $7.00/gallon, or about $250 for the entire job.

I'm wondering if Moorgard is worth the extra money. Has anyone had any
experience using Super Spec as opposed to Moorgard or vice versa?

Thanks, Dee

Yes. Moorgard is the best. My folks home in Florida was painted with
it when it was built in '84. Repainted in 93, even though it did not
need it. Looked like new. No mold, peeling, etc. Of course, the
painter did a good job, too, and a bad painter or prep can ruin the job.
I have always used Moore interior paints; they last forever.

Joseph Meehan

Dee wrote:
I'm going to be having the exterior of my house painted. In looking at
Ben
Moore's paint lines, I see there is the top-of-the-line Moorgard, and also
a "contractor's" line called Super Spec. Price difference between the
two is about $7.00/gallon, or about $250 for the entire job.

I'm wondering if Moorgard is worth the extra money. Has anyone had any
experience using Super Spec as opposed to Moorgard or vice versa?

Thanks, Dee

Generally contractor paint is poor quality. Designed to go on fast,
cover well but with little regard to durability or other factors.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math