Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT End of the world is nigh! (Today in fact.)

On Sun, 22 May 2011 07:14:43 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

The first reform I'd like to see is for those on the dole to lose the
right to vote. Of course we all know that sort of opinion is "racist".
^_^

TDD

You must be referring to congressmen. My multi-faceted plan for them
also includes laying off 10% of them (or whatever the current
unemployment rate is) and letting them live on $200/wk.

Few of them are in Congress for the money. Lay off their staff.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 May 2011 09:11:38 -0700 (PDT), Country wrote:

On May 22, 7:16*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 5/22/2011 2:13 AM, harry wrote:

On May 22, 5:32 am, "
*wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2011 01:57:49 +0000 (UTC), (Don Klipstein)
wrote:

,
harry wrote:
On May 21, 6:52 pm, "Ed *wrote:
"Percival P. *wrote

But Harold Camping (the perpetrator of this latest nonsense) has been
preaching for years that all the existing churches are irredeemably
corrupt,

Seems he got some thing right.

We ALL knew that anyway.
It's like saying politicians are corrupt and attention seekers.

* Then, why do we tend to re-elect incumbents?

Name recognition. *Money. *Better the devil you know...

* Why do we elect and re-elect-incumbents so-bigtime lawyers while USA
has "lawyer jokes"?

"so-bigtime"? *Not all politicians are lawyers. *Fewer each Congress, I
believe.

* If the citizens of USA want better government, then more citizens need
to make it to a voting booth on the days when a voting booth is open.

No, more citizens need to get informed. *Idiots elect more idiots.

Would that it were so. *Idiocy is a growing trend. *Perhaps you need
to prevent idiots from voting.

The first reform I'd like to see is for those on the dole to lose the
right to vote. Of course we all know that sort of opinion is "racist".
^_^

TDD

If you think the all the people on the dole are of one race, then you
are racist.

If you think that being called "racist" has anything to do with race, you're
an idiot and shouldn't be allowed to vote either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 22, 12:38*pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
(Don Klipstein) wrote:

We ALL knew that anyway.
It's like saying politicians are corrupt and attention seekers.

* Then, why do we tend to re-elect incumbents?

* I have long suggested that the only way to get their attention is to
toss out EVERY incumbent regardless of party for at least two cycles.
The first round will probably be inevitably misinterpreted as being a
"mandate". The second around (especially if most first-term House
members bite the dust) might actually make an impression.

* If the citizens of USA want better government, then more citizens need
to make it to a voting booth on the days when a voting booth is open.

Yep. I firmly believe that Alexis de Tocqueville *was right and in a
Democracy the people get exactly the government they deserve.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
*---PJ O'Rourke

Yes, you're right. We get very low turnouts over here too. They just
can't be bothered.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
" wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2011 07:14:43 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

The first reform I'd like to see is for those on the dole to lose the
right to vote. Of course we all know that sort of opinion is "racist".
^_^

TDD

You must be referring to congressmen. My multi-faceted plan for them
also includes laying off 10% of them (or whatever the current
unemployment rate is) and letting them live on $200/wk.

Few of them are in Congress for the money. Lay off their staff.

From my personal experience, I think there needs to be a STAFF term
limit bill long before there is a Congresscritter bill. One of my major
nightmares is that we start term limits and the only institutional
memory is with the professional staff. (shudder).

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

,
harry wrote:
On May 21, 6:52 pm, "Ed *wrote:
[...]

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Do they let prisoners vote in the US?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 22, 2:10*pm, Red Green wrote:
harry wrote :

On May 22, 2:50*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I went to the LDS temple today, and going to church
tomorrow. I guess HC doesn't think God saved me. Ruined my
entire day.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in
messagenews:ir8ojk$u

But Harold Camping (the perpetrator of this latest nonsense)
has been
preaching for years that all the existing churches are
irredeemably
corrupt, and people cannot be saved if they remain members
of them.

I am going bowling tonight with fellow church members, and I
expect to
be worshiping with them tomorrow morning as usual.

Perce

Do you take your sixshooter to the "temple".

Can't. The TSA now covers churches too.- Hide quoted text -

TSA?
I thought maybe you could shoot the preacher if he wasn't up to
standard. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 22, 5:11*pm, (Don Klipstein) wrote:
In ,

harry wrote:
On May 22, 3:12*am, (Don Klipstein) wrote:
In , Smitty

Two wrote:
In article ,
"Steve B" wrote:

My first thought on seeing this on the morning news was, "What if they're
right THIS time?"

I put more credence in the Mayan prophecies, as they DID come up with that
pretty astounding calendar while running around the jungles eating each
other's brains with a little hot chocolate on the side. *At least they did
have some of the facts. *And we only have to wait until December for that
one.

Uh, that's December 2012.

* So on the eve of that day, do I choose among kissing my kiester/tookus
"Goodbye",or -

* Getting intensely into pleasant bedroom activities with the one that
I would marry as soon as Pennsylvania marriage law allows me to do so?

* Or, he and I "jet out" to the best restaurant to-both-our-tastes in the
world, and I can put the tab onto a credit card with hope of quickly not
continuing to still live on the world where I incurred the bill?

--
*- Don Klipstein )

Why do you suppose the restaurant staff would have bothered to turn in
on the last day?

* Either from not believing that would be doomsday, or from enjoying being
in a restaurant or with fellow restaurant workers.
--
*- Don Klipstein )- Hide quoted text -

I can't think of a worse career than working in a restaurant.
BTW, is it true Americans think McDonalds is a restaurant?

It is a standing joke over here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 22, 5:44*pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2011 07:14:43 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

The first reform I'd like to see is for those on the dole to lose the
right to vote. Of course we all know that sort of opinion is "racist".
^_^

TDD

You must be referring to congressmen. My multi-faceted plan for them
also includes laying off 10% of them (or whatever the current
unemployment rate is) and letting them live on $200/wk.

Few of them are in Congress for the money. *Lay off their staff.

They are attention seekers. They consider it a stepping stone to other
money making careers.
Even worse.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

,
harry wrote:
On May 21, 6:52 pm, "Ed *wrote:
[...]

an idiot and shouldn't be allowed to vote either.- Hide quoted text -

They call anyone with logical, irrefutable arguments a "racist".
The last refuge of the PC brigade.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 May 2011 12:56:28 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
" wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2011 07:14:43 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

The first reform I'd like to see is for those on the dole to lose the
right to vote. Of course we all know that sort of opinion is "racist".
^_^

TDD

You must be referring to congressmen. My multi-faceted plan for them
also includes laying off 10% of them (or whatever the current
unemployment rate is) and letting them live on $200/wk.

Few of them are in Congress for the money. Lay off their staff.

From my personal experience, I think there needs to be a STAFF term
limit bill long before there is a Congresscritter bill. One of my major
nightmares is that we start term limits and the only institutional
memory is with the professional staff. (shudder).

Their staff should have to live in their district?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 May 2011 10:05:32 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

On May 22, 5:44*pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2011 07:14:43 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

The first reform I'd like to see is for those on the dole to lose the
right to vote. Of course we all know that sort of opinion is "racist".
^_^

TDD

You must be referring to congressmen. My multi-faceted plan for them
also includes laying off 10% of them (or whatever the current
unemployment rate is) and letting them live on $200/wk.

Few of them are in Congress for the money. *Lay off their staff.

They are attention seekers. They consider it a stepping stone to other
money making careers.
Even worse.

So don't pay them anything? Maybe give them a dormitory and three meals.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/22/2011 12:56 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In ,
z wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2011 07:14:43 -0700, Smitty
wrote:

In ,
The Daring wrote:

The first reform I'd like to see is for those on the dole to lose the
right to vote. Of course we all know that sort of opinion is "racist".
^_^

TDD

You must be referring to congressmen. My multi-faceted plan for them
also includes laying off 10% of them (or whatever the current
unemployment rate is) and letting them live on $200/wk.

Few of them are in Congress for the money. Lay off their staff.

From my personal experience, I think there needs to be a STAFF term
limit bill long before there is a Congresscritter bill. One of my major
nightmares is that we start term limits and the only institutional
memory is with the professional staff. (shudder).

That ship sailed a LONG time ago, both on Congressional side and
Executive Department side. Sure, they may change offices and bosses
every few years, but it is a surprisingly small community, and whenever
a new job is posted, the people that have been in town awhile are much
more likely to get hired. Rational people who could actually make a
difference mostly shudder at the prospect of moving to DC.

IMHO, half the public-payroll staff in DC need to get moved elsewhere.
With modern communications, most don't need to be right there. Putting
as many offices as possible in areas without an insanely high cost of
living, and the entitled incestuous atmosphere of DC, could perhaps get
more outsiders into the government for a few years, and give government
lifers a taste of the real world.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
On May 22, 3:12*am, (Don Klipstein) wrote:
In , Smitty

Two wrote:
In article ,
"Steve B" wrote:

[...]

It's great for college kids. They make good money, here, and the hours are
great.

BTW, is it true Americans think McDonalds is a restaurant?

It's a fast-food restaurant. That's not the same thing as a restaurant (not
required to have any food value other than calories).

It is a standing joke over here.

Your whole country is a standing joke over here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 May 2011 13:43:19 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
" wrote:

Their staff should have to live in their district?

Can't do it, because too much goes on in DC.

That's just the point. There should be less of what "goes on in DC" and
*more* of what goes on elsewhere.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 May 2011 11:18:48 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

On 05/22/11 12:56 pm, harry wrote:

snip

Yes, you're right. We get very low turnouts over here too. They just
can't be bothered.

Voting everywhere should be compulsory, just as it is in Australia. One
can still turn in a blank ballot paper, or one can scrawl obscenities on
it, but at least one has to show up.

Nonsense. That would make slaves of the people (compelled service). ....and
why should the stupid be forced to vote? There are too many who volunteer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/22/11 07:30 pm, The Daring Dufas wrote:

snip

Yes, you're right. We get very low turnouts over here too. They just
can't be bothered.

Voting everywhere should be compulsory, just as it is in Australia. One
can still turn in a blank ballot paper, or one can scrawl obscenities on
it, but at least one has to show up.

It would make for some interesting headlines and jailhouse chats.

"What are you in for?"
"I refused to vote"
"Whoa dude that's rough, I wouldn't even dream of doing that."

SWAT TEAM IN DAYLONG SHOOTOUT WITH NONVOTERS, 14 KILLED INCLUDING 2 COPS

Neighbors never dreamed they were living next door to such
anti government subversives.

I no longer live in Australia, but the only case of which I heard in
which someone was jailed in connection with a failure to vote was when a
man was hauled into court for multiple failures to show up at a polling
place and he told the judge that the whole thing was a farce. He was
jailed for contempt of court, not for failure to vote. AFAIR, the only
penalties for failing to vote (and for failing to register to vote) are
monetary fines.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/22/2011 11:11 AM, Country wrote:

wrote:

,
harry wrote:
On May 21, 6:52 pm, "Ed wrote:
[...]

-C-

You made a point for me because most of those who label someone "racist"
are unable to define the word. I do believe I once read that most of
those on welfare are White females with two children but they don't stay
on welfare generation after generation. It's a bit complicated but one
day you may actually Grok the situation. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/22/2011 12:06 PM, harry wrote:
On May 22, 5:45 pm, "
wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2011 09:11:38 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

wrote:

,
harry wrote:
On May 21, 6:52 pm, "Ed wrote:
[...]

Most of the people who spew the word "racist" can't define it and often
misuse it when they should actually use the word "crude" or the term,
"in bad taste". ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/22/2011 11:56 AM, harry wrote:

wrote:

,
harry wrote:
On May 21, 6:52 pm, "Ed wrote:
[...]

Convicted felon's generally do not have the right to vote unless the
freed felon petitions the state for the reinstatement of his/her/its
rights. :-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

I was putting the American spin on if Democrats got hold of it. It's
like a lot of stuff Commiecrats push, they want to use the police powers
of the state to force it on the population. I wish I was a snail, then
the federal government would protect me. ^_^

TDD