Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT End of the world is nigh! (Today in fact.)

On Sun, 22 May 2011 10:00:44 -0700 (PDT), harry wrote:

On May 22, 5:11*pm, (Don Klipstein) wrote:
In ,

harry wrote:
On May 22, 3:12*am, (Don Klipstein) wrote:
In , Smitty

Two wrote:
In article ,
"Steve B" wrote:

My first thought on seeing this on the morning news was, "What if they're
right THIS time?"

I put more credence in the Mayan prophecies, as they DID come up with that
pretty astounding calendar while running around the jungles eating each
other's brains with a little hot chocolate on the side. *At least they did
have some of the facts. *And we only have to wait until December for that
one.

Uh, that's December 2012.

* So on the eve of that day, do I choose among kissing my kiester/tookus
"Goodbye",or -

* Getting intensely into pleasant bedroom activities with the one that
I would marry as soon as Pennsylvania marriage law allows me to do so?

* Or, he and I "jet out" to the best restaurant to-both-our-tastes in the
world, and I can put the tab onto a credit card with hope of quickly not
continuing to still live on the world where I incurred the bill?

--
*- Don Klipstein )

Why do you suppose the restaurant staff would have bothered to turn in
on the last day?

* Either from not believing that would be doomsday, or from enjoying being
in a restaurant or with fellow restaurant workers.
--
*- Don Klipstein )- Hide quoted text -

I can't think of a worse career than working in a restaurant.

It's great for college kids. They make good money, here, and the hours are
great.

BTW, is it true Americans think McDonalds is a restaurant?

It's a fast-food restaurant. That's not the same thing as a restaurant (not
required to have any food value other than calories).

It is a standing joke over here.

Your whole country is a standing joke over here.