Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT End of the world is nigh! (Today in fact.)

On 5/22/2011 11:11 AM, Country wrote:
On May 22, 7:16 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 5/22/2011 2:13 AM, harry wrote:

On May 22, 5:32 am, "
wrote:
On Sun, 22 May 2011 01:57:49 +0000 (UTC), (Don Klipstein)
wrote:

,
harry wrote:
On May 21, 6:52 pm, "Ed wrote:
"Percival P. wrote

But Harold Camping (the perpetrator of this latest nonsense) has been
preaching for years that all the existing churches are irredeemably
corrupt,

Seems he got some thing right.

We ALL knew that anyway.
It's like saying politicians are corrupt and attention seekers.

Then, why do we tend to re-elect incumbents?

Name recognition. Money. Better the devil you know...

Why do we elect and re-elect-incumbents so-bigtime lawyers while USA
has "lawyer jokes"?

"so-bigtime"? Not all politicians are lawyers. Fewer each Congress, I
believe.

If the citizens of USA want better government, then more citizens need
to make it to a voting booth on the days when a voting booth is open.

No, more citizens need to get informed. Idiots elect more idiots.

Would that it were so. Idiocy is a growing trend. Perhaps you need
to prevent idiots from voting.

The first reform I'd like to see is for those on the dole to lose the
right to vote. Of course we all know that sort of opinion is "racist".
^_^

TDD

If you think the all the people on the dole are of one race, then you
are racist.

-C-

You made a point for me because most of those who label someone "racist"
are unable to define the word. I do believe I once read that most of
those on welfare are White females with two children but they don't stay
on welfare generation after generation. It's a bit complicated but one
day you may actually Grok the situation. ^_^

TDD