Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT End of the world is nigh! (Today in fact.)

On 5/22/2011 12:56 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In ,
z wrote:

On Sun, 22 May 2011 07:14:43 -0700, Smitty
wrote:

In ,
The Daring wrote:

The first reform I'd like to see is for those on the dole to lose the
right to vote. Of course we all know that sort of opinion is "racist".
^_^

TDD

You must be referring to congressmen. My multi-faceted plan for them
also includes laying off 10% of them (or whatever the current
unemployment rate is) and letting them live on $200/wk.

Few of them are in Congress for the money. Lay off their staff.

From my personal experience, I think there needs to be a STAFF term
limit bill long before there is a Congresscritter bill. One of my major
nightmares is that we start term limits and the only institutional
memory is with the professional staff. (shudder).

That ship sailed a LONG time ago, both on Congressional side and
Executive Department side. Sure, they may change offices and bosses
every few years, but it is a surprisingly small community, and whenever
a new job is posted, the people that have been in town awhile are much
more likely to get hired. Rational people who could actually make a
difference mostly shudder at the prospect of moving to DC.

IMHO, half the public-payroll staff in DC need to get moved elsewhere.
With modern communications, most don't need to be right there. Putting
as many offices as possible in areas without an insanely high cost of
living, and the entitled incestuous atmosphere of DC, could perhaps get
more outsiders into the government for a few years, and give government
lifers a taste of the real world.

--
aem sends...