Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default please help - need 1900 box to single gang plate

this is actually work related... and I am googling furiously but
figured I would post and see if someone could say "Oh, that's a Raco
part no. xxxxx" or something like that. I find myself in need of a
small quantity of plates, similar to a flat mud ring, but with a
flange - reason I need them is installer cut in 1900 boxes into
ceiling tile for devices that are actually single gang size. If they
were painted white that would be even more splendiferous, but spray
painting is an option. (only need about 25 of them.)

any help appreciated!

thanks

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair
MB MB is offline

On May 19, 11:47*am, N8N wrote:
Raco P/N 8772, home depot carries them.....is this what you are
looking for? http://tinyurl.com/3fvqgoj

this is actually work related... *and I am googling furiously but
figured I would post and see if someone could say "Oh, that's a Raco
part no. xxxxx" or something like that. *I find myself in need of a
small quantity of plates, similar to a flat mud ring, but with a
flange - reason I need them is installer cut in 1900 boxes into
ceiling tile for devices that are actually single gang size. *If they
were painted white that would be even more splendiferous, but spray
painting is an option. *(only need about 25 of them.)

any help appreciated!

thanks

nate

Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Not exactly... I need something that can go on a flush mounted 1900box
and mount a single gang device w/o looking "unprofessional" - so flat,
paintable or painted, and at least 4.5" square.

nate

On May 19, 12:59*pm, MB wrote:
On May 19, 11:47*am, N8N wrote:
Raco P/N 8772, home depot carries them.....is this what you are
looking for? *http://tinyurl.com/3fvqgoj

this is actually work related... *and I am googling furiously but
figured I would post and see if someone could say "Oh, that's a Raco
part no. xxxxx" or something like that. *I find myself in need of a
small quantity of plates, similar to a flat mud ring, but with a
flange - reason I need them is installer cut in 1900 boxes into
ceiling tile for devices that are actually single gang size. *If they
were painted white that would be even more splendiferous, but spray
painting is an option. *(only need about 25 of them.)

any help appreciated!

thanks

nate- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 19 May 2011 08:47:43 -0700 (PDT), N8N
wrote:

this is actually work related... and I am googling furiously but
figured I would post and see if someone could say "Oh, that's a Raco
part no. xxxxx" or something like that. I find myself in need of a
small quantity of plates, similar to a flat mud ring, but with a
flange - reason I need them is installer cut in 1900 boxes into
ceiling tile for devices that are actually single gang size. If they
were painted white that would be even more splendiferous, but spray
painting is an option. (only need about 25 of them.)

2x2 ceiling tile 2x4 lift out? Make him cut some more.

That is the best way to make it look professional.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 19, 11:47*am, N8N wrote:
this is actually work related... *and I am googling furiously but
figured I would post and see if someone could say "Oh, that's a Raco
part no. xxxxx" or something like that. *I find myself in need of a
small quantity of plates, similar to a flat mud ring, but with a
flange - reason I need them is installer cut in 1900 boxes into
ceiling tile for devices that are actually single gang size. *If they
were painted white that would be even more splendiferous, but spray
painting is an option. *(only need about 25 of them.)

any help appreciated!

thanks

nate

HANG ON, I'LL TELE-TRANSPORT THE MAGIC NON EXISTENT PLATES TO YOUR JOB-
SIGHT.
TGITM

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

this is actually work related... and I am googling furiously but
figured I would post and see if someone could say "Oh, that's a Raco
part no. xxxxx" or something like that. I find myself in need of a
small quantity of plates, similar to a flat mud ring, but with a
flange - reason I need them is installer cut in 1900 boxes into
ceiling tile for devices that are actually single gang size. If they
were painted white that would be even more splendiferous, but spray
painting is an option. (only need about 25 of them.)

I read your message again, and assume that the existing boxes are
already installed.

I would assume you need a flat plaster ring and use an oversized cover
maybe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt7YrENi1-A
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

this is actually work related... and I am googling furiously but
figured I would post and see if someone could say "Oh, that's a Raco
part no. xxxxx" or something like that. I find myself in need of a
small quantity of plates, similar to a flat mud ring, but with a
flange - reason I need them is installer cut in 1900 boxes into
ceiling tile for devices that are actually single gang size. If they
were painted white that would be even more splendiferous, but spray
painting is an option. (only need about 25 of them.)

I read your message again, and assume that the existing boxes are
already installed.

I would assume you need a flat plaster ring and use an oversized cover
maybe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt7YrENi1-A

That was supposed to be a link to a flat plaster ring.

Google "flat 1900 plaster ring"
Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

wrote:

this is actually work related... *and I am googling furiously but
figured I would post and see if someone could say "Oh, that's a Raco
part no. xxxxx" or something like that. *I find myself in need of a
small quantity of plates, similar to a flat mud ring, but with a
flange - reason I need them is installer cut in 1900 boxes into
ceiling tile for devices that are actually single gang size. *If they
were painted white that would be even more splendiferous, but spray
painting is an option. *(only need about 25 of them.)

2x2 ceiling tile 2x4 lift out? *Make him cut some more.

That is the best way to make it look professional.

Unfortunately it would appear that you are correct. Not sure if it is
2x2 or 2x4 but it's one or the other. Looks like I found another
"they oughta make that but they don't" part.

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 19, 3:33*pm, N8N wrote:
Not sure if it is
2x2 or 2x4 but it's one or the other.

It can be nearly impossible for an "engineer" to discern between
squares and rectangles.

Looks like I found another
"they oughta make that but they don't" part.

There's another golden nugget for your resumay.

You must be among the most valuable of "engineers" of your "employer".
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

this is actually work related... and I am googling furiously but
figured I would post and see if someone could say "Oh, that's a Raco
part no. xxxxx" or something like that. I find myself in need of a
small quantity of plates, similar to a flat mud ring, but with a
flange - reason I need them is installer cut in 1900 boxes into
ceiling tile for devices that are actually single gang size. If they
were painted white that would be even more splendiferous, but spray
painting is an option. (only need about 25 of them.)

any help appreciated!

thanks

*My first thought is the Raco Retro Ring for mounting 4" square boxes in old
work applications:
http://www.hubbell-raco.com/feat_item.aspx?feature=973

You can buy wide wallplates with the device opening in the middle, but most
likely they won't be a stock item. Consult your local electrical supply
company for them.

It would be very helpful if you could post some pictures.

Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On May 19, 5:06*pm, gpsman wrote:
On May 19, 3:33*pm, N8N wrote:

Not sure if it is
2x2 or 2x4 but it's one or the other.

It can be nearly impossible for an "engineer" to discern between
squares and rectangles.

I know you'll find this hard to believe, but sometimes I'm sitting in
the office and people call me with questions. Sometimes about jobs
that I haven't physically been to in months. And in the grand scheme
of things, does it really matter what size/shape the ceiling tiles
are, unless I'm the guy ordering the new ones?

Looks like I found another
"they oughta make that but they don't" part.

There's another golden nugget for your resumay.

You must be among the most valuable of "engineers" of your "employer".

I know you won't believe it, but my employer would likely miss me
greatly if I left, even though I haven't worked in an engineering
capacity for something like six years now. Something about having a
functional clue, something I know you have little experience with.

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On May 19, 8:28*pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
[...]

you're thinking backwards from what I need... I've used the retro-
ring before and it's a lifesaver although it appears that now other
companies are getting on the old work 1900 box bandwagon. (great for
FA speakers) what I need to do is to mount a FA strobe which is only
slightly larger than a single gang box to a 1900 box.

Or, as someone else suggested, simply tell the installer he's going to
have to rework those few boxes and hope that the bldg. engineer has
extra ceiling tiles and is in a good mood... (probably the ideal
solution, really)

nate
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 May 2011 04:52:16 -0700 (PDT), N8N
wrote:

[...]

Why didn't you say so. They make these, but it would take months to
get them.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1265&bih=594

Or, as someone else suggested, simply tell the installer he's going to
have to rework those few boxes and hope that the bldg. engineer has
extra ceiling tiles and is in a good mood... (probably the ideal
solution, really)

nate

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 20 May 2011 11:43:33 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

Why didn't you say so. They make these, but it would take months to
get them.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1265&bih=594

er..............these
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1265&bih=594

I bet this is not the first time that this has happened.
Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

wrote:

Why didn't you say so. *They make these, but it would take months to
get them.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ricsupply.com/....

er..............thesehttp://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.lamarcosystems.com/ass...

I bet this is not the first time that this has happened.

you can't mix and match different mfgr's strobes. NFPA 72/ADA/etc.
require that they be synchronized.

nate

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 7:50*am, N8N wrote:
On May 19, 5:06*pm, gpsman wrote:

On May 19, 3:33*pm, N8N wrote:

Not sure if it is
2x2 or 2x4 but it's one or the other.

It can be nearly impossible for an "engineer" to discern between
squares and rectangles.

I know you'll find this hard to believe, but sometimes I'm sitting in
the office and people call me with questions.

Impossible is the word you're looking for.

You must be among the most valuable of "engineers" of your "employer".

I know you won't believe it, but my employer would likely miss me
greatly if I left,

I don't believe there is any shortage of nitwits available to post to
Usenet all day every ****ing day.
http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...S36mXc24h 6ww
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 10:57*pm, gpsman wrote:
SNPP/
I don't believe there is any shortage of nitwits available to post to
Usenet all day every ****ing day.http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...-foHKBMAAACRTs...
*-----

- gpsman

SO IT SEEMS....IT'S THAT GPS OF YOURS..IT'S MALORIENTED.
THE METAL FRAGMENTS IN YOUR HEAD ARE BLOCKING IT AND ITS GIVING YOU A
FALSE READING.
BOOWAHAHAHAHA
TGITM