Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rust-Oleum faux counter tops

My wife is always after me to put in granite counter tops and I'm
running out of excuses.

Has anyone tried this yet?

http://www.rustoleumtransformations.com/

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Apr 15, 12:35*pm, JimT wrote:
My wife is always after me to put in granite counter tops and I'm
running out of excuses.

Has anyone tried this yet?

http://www.rustoleumtransformations.com/

Jim

Keep telling your wife that granite looks just like dried vomit and
maybe she will get over adding to the fad. Check out some of the
latest home show/magazine sites for upscale kitchens. A number of them
lately feature solid color counter tops that should not look dated in
a few years.
Mention also that some granite is radioactive, needs care and sealing,
tends to break glass coffee pots, etc. If she still persists in her
silliness, tell her that she can have the countertops if you can have
a new (Powermatic cabinet saw, Corvette, bigger workshop)...pick one.
Good luck.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 13:10:44 -0700 (PDT), Joe wrote:

On Apr 15, 12:35*pm, JimT wrote:
My wife is always after me to put in granite counter tops and I'm
running out of excuses.

Has anyone tried this yet?

http://www.rustoleumtransformations.com/

Jim

Keep telling your wife that granite looks just like dried vomit and
maybe she will get over adding to the fad. Check out some of the
latest home show/magazine sites for upscale kitchens. A number of them
lately feature solid color counter tops that should not look dated in
a few years.

Sounds like you're jealous.

Mention also that some granite is radioactive, needs care and sealing,
tends to break glass coffee pots, etc.

More excuses.

If she still persists in her
silliness, tell her that she can have the countertops if you can have
a new (Powermatic cabinet saw, Corvette, bigger workshop)...pick one.
Good luck.

No problem. She got ~135sq ft of granite and I got a Unisaw and Delta drill
press (Laguna bandsaw next, perhaps). Luck has nothing to do with it. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Apr 16, 4:40*pm, "
wrote:
snip

No problem. *She got ~135sq ft of granite and I got a Unisaw and Delta drill
press (Laguna bandsaw next, perhaps). *Luck has nothing to do with it. *;-)

Good choice on tools.
You're on a roll, man. Now convince her she can't live without color
switchable pot lights all throughout the living room and the band saw
is yours. Amazon had them listed a while back for a mere $130 or so
IIRC. A really trick item for the avant-garde homemaker...
Next tell her how much she needs a Kohler hat box toilet and matching
vessel sink and the sky's the limit.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 14:47:37 -0700 (PDT), Joe wrote:

On Apr 16, 4:40*pm, "
wrote:
snip

No problem. *She got ~135sq ft of granite and I got a Unisaw and Delta drill
press (Laguna bandsaw next, perhaps). *Luck has nothing to do with it. *;-)

Good choice on tools.
You're on a roll, man. Now convince her she can't live without color
switchable pot lights all throughout the living room and the band saw
is yours. Amazon had them listed a while back for a mere $130 or so
IIRC. A really trick item for the avant-garde homemaker...

Nah, she wants a Mustang convertible. Her car is going on 12 years old and I
told her I want to wait to get closer to paying off the house (2-3 years is
the plan). A few more trips to the mechanic and she won't be buying that
logic, though.

Next tell her how much she needs a Kohler hat box toilet and matching
vessel sink and the sky's the limit.

We both hate vessel sinks. All the sinks (kitchen and four baths) are
under-mount in granite.