Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Old B&D Router

b&d cat no 7614 Type 3, 1 1/2 hp 9a.
Appears that the collet will take 1/4" shank ONLY!!!

I think the 1.5 hp might be good for certain work with .5" shank bits.

Any way to get these to take .5" shank??

Thx,
Will

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message

b&d cat no 7614 Type 3, 1 1/2 hp 9a.
Appears that the collet will take 1/4" shank ONLY!!!

I think the 1.5 hp might be good for certain work with .5" shank bits.

Any way to get these to take .5" shank??

Safely? No. You may find an extension, but spinning at 18,000 RPM, I'm
not going to be in the same room with it. Get yourself a good router, like
Bosch, Porter Cable, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Apr 1, 9:24*pm, Puddin' Man wrote:
b&d cat no 7614 Type 3, 1 1/2 hp 9a.
Appears that the collet will take 1/4" shank ONLY!!!

I think the 1.5 hp might be good for certain work with .5" shank bits.

Any way to get these to take .5" shank??

* Thx,
* Will

You can ask over at rec.woodworking, but they will likely tell you it
is not worth the risk.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Strictly guessing, you might check for a seperate collet designed for 1/2
inch shanks. A Portal Cable router I've used has seperate collet's for
each shank size, maybe that Black & Decker unit has the same.

Hul