Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT How I wtopped worrying

OT Isn't there a promotional drawing for "How I stopped worrying and
learned to love the bomb" that shows someone's stretched out over the
nosecone of missile, arms and leg wide apart, struggling to hold on.

That's the image I keep thinking of Kaddafi is speaking to a crowd
inside a big tent, and a Tomahawk missile comes right though an
opening in the far side of the tent and he sees it cming straight at
him. At the last moment he spreads his arms and grabs on.

Does this sound possible?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"mm" wrote in message
OT Isn't there a promotional drawing for "How I stopped worrying and
learned to love the bomb" that shows someone's stretched out over the
nosecone of missile, arms and leg wide apart, struggling to hold on.

That's the image I keep thinking of Kaddafi is speaking to a crowd
inside a big tent, and a Tomahawk missile comes right though an
opening in the far side of the tent and he sees it cming straight at
him. At the last moment he spreads his arms and grabs on.

Does this sound possible?

That would be Slim Pickens.

I saw "Dr. Strangelove" at the enlisted men's theater at a Strategic Air
Command base at Roswell, New Mexico. I was about 17 years old, about 1965,
and a guest of the son of a Lt. Colonel we were visiting. At the time, SAC
had a fleet of B-52's in the air at all times, and exactly the scenario of
Dr. Strangelove. It took me many generations to comprehend the moment in
history I was present for. Two years later, I saw an SR-71 close enough to
touch, and, again, did not understand that I was present at a historic
moment.

I'd love to see the nose cam on a missile going into a Khadafi personal
party.

The "OH, ****!" moment would be priceless............. fade to television
screen static ..................................

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:37:03 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message
.. .
OT Isn't there a promotional drawing for "How I stopped worrying and
learned to love the bomb" that shows someone's stretched out over the
nosecone of missile, arms and leg wide apart, struggling to hold on.

That's the image I keep thinking of Kaddafi is speaking to a crowd
inside a big tent, and a Tomahawk missile comes right though an
opening in the far side of the tent and he sees it cming straight at
him. At the last moment he spreads his arms and grabs on.

Does this sound possible?

That would be Slim Pickens.

I saw "Dr. Strangelove" at the enlisted men's theater at a Strategic Air

That's the name!

Command base at Roswell, New Mexico. I was about 17 years old, about 1965,
and a guest of the son of a Lt. Colonel we were visiting. At the time, SAC
had a fleet of B-52's in the air at all times, and exactly the scenario of
Dr. Strangelove. It took me many generations to comprehend the moment in
history I was present for. Two years later, I saw an SR-71 close enough to
touch, and, again, did not understand that I was present at a historic
moment.

I'd love to see the nose cam on a missile going into a Khadafi personal
party.

They have cameras on those things, I think.

BTW. I saw displayed a remote tv camera meant to hang from your dog or
cat's neck. So you can see where he's going. They'll probably have
pet-mounted missiles soon.

The "OH, ****!" moment would be priceless............. fade to television
screen static ..................................

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2011 12:34 AM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 19:02:42 -0400,
wrote:

OT Isn't there a promotional drawing for "How I stopped worrying and
learned to love the bomb" that shows someone's stretched out over the
nosecone of missile, arms and leg wide apart, struggling to hold on.

That's the image I keep thinking of Kaddafi is speaking to a crowd
inside a big tent, and a Tomahawk missile comes right though an
opening in the far side of the tent and he sees it cming straight at
him. At the last moment he spreads his arms and grabs on.

Does this sound possible?

The B1 Bomber can fly at tree top level at supersonic speeds and
deliver cruise missiles that can travel through the space of a field
goal post.

You might like this photo.

Tomahawk missile launch from Ohio-class submarine.

http://www.trentschindler.com/tomahawk.jpg

nice photoshop. looks like a tampon tube.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 24, 3:46*am, mm wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:37:03 -0700, "Steve B"

wrote:

"mm" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

www.cabgbypasssurgery.com- Hide quoted text -

The US navy experimented with dolphin based missles. Trained dolphins
to carry explosive charges to submarines. Failure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 24, 5:34*am, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 19:02:42 -0400, mm
wrote:

OT * Isn't there a promotional drawing for "How I stopped worrying and
learned to love the bomb" that shows someone's stretched out over the
nosecone of missile, arms and leg wide apart, struggling to hold on.

That's the image I keep thinking of Kaddafi is speaking to a crowd
inside a big tent, and a Tomahawk missile comes right though an
opening in the far side of the tent and he sees it cming straight at
him. * * At the last moment he spreads his arms and grabs on.

Does this sound possible?

The B1 Bomber can fly at tree top level at supersonic speeds and
deliver *cruise missiles that can travel through the space of a field
goal post.

You might like this photo.

Tomahawk missile launch from Ohio-class submarine.

http://www.trentschindler.com/tomahawk.jpg

A concocted picture. How could such be taken? You Yanks are such f***g
dopey half wits to be taken in by cheap propaganda shots intended to
glorify the US navy.
You only have to stop for a half second and THINK.

The B1 bomber can do no such thing. It carries only bombs.
The tomahawk missile is ship or submarine launched, develpoement the
air launched variety was abandoned years ago.
The AGM misssile is launched by stratofortress bombers.

Once again you are full of ****.

But here's another statistic.
It costs the US government.taxpayer $50,000,000 to kill one
islamonutter in Afghanistan. They kill civilians for the same price.
The Islamonutters can kill a US soldier for around $5 in Afghanistan.
Not counting the civilians.

Most of the $50,000,000 goes into the pockets of rich arms
manufacturers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

remove the "not" from my address to email- Hide quoted text -

That's probably exactly what it is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 23, 11:02*pm, mm wrote:
OT * Isn't there a promotional drawing for "How I stopped worrying and
learned to love the bomb" that shows someone's stretched out over the
nosecone of missile, arms and leg wide apart, struggling to hold on.

That's the image I keep thinking of Kaddafi is speaking to a crowd
inside a big tent, and a Tomahawk missile comes right though an
opening in the far side of the tent and he sees it cming straight at
him. * * At the last moment he spreads his arms and grabs on.

Does this sound possible?

Forget the Hollywood crap. It is all fiction designed to bend your
mind.
Just be entertained. But let it go no further.
Don't start to blend it with reality. There lies only madness.

Lots of people in Libya love Gadafi. There is an even better
propaganda machine than Hollywood over there.
Where is the no fly Zone over Gaza, Bahrain,Yeman and Syria?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

If you ever get a chance to listen to an early Cheech and Chong comedy
album, they have a bit they do about Kamikaze pilots being given a pep
talk by their general who tells them what he wants them to do to the
enemy. I can imagine the dolphins having the same sort of reaction. :-)

Cheech and Chong comedy routine in which the World War II commander of a
Japanese kamikaze squadron briefly reviews the day's battle plan for his
troops.

"Today," he exhorts, "you will take your kamikaze airplane high into the
sky, over the Yankee aircraft carrier, then take the kamikaze plane
down, crashing on the deck, killing yourself and all aboard. Before we
have the ceremonial sake toast, are there any questions?"

A hand rises tentatively in the back of the crowd: "Honorable
general-san: Are you out of your ****ing mind?"

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It's a stylized painting by by an artist who does military themed
illustrations. It's quite obvious to me. :-)

The B1 bomber can do no such thing. It carries only bombs.
The tomahawk missile is ship or submarine launched, develpoement the
air launched variety was abandoned years ago.
The AGM misssile is launched by stratofortress bombers.

The B1 can carry the AGM-86B Air Launch Cruise Missile in addition to
bombs.

Once again you are full of ****.

But here's another statistic.
It costs the US government.taxpayer $50,000,000 to kill one
islamonutter in Afghanistan. They kill civilians for the same price.
The Islamonutters can kill a US soldier for around $5 in Afghanistan.
Not counting the civilians.

Most of the $50,000,000 goes into the pockets of rich arms
manufacturers.

Kill all the lawyers! ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

OT Isn't there a promotional drawing for "How I stopped worrying and
learned to love the bomb" that shows someone's stretched out over the
nosecone of missile, arms and leg wide apart, struggling to hold on.

That's the image I keep thinking of Kaddafi is speaking to a crowd
inside a big tent, and a Tomahawk missile comes right though an
opening in the far side of the tent and he sees it cming straight at
him. At the last moment he spreads his arms and grabs on.

Does this sound possible?

The B1 Bomber can fly at tree top level at supersonic speeds and
deliver cruise missiles that can travel through the space of a field
goal post.

You might like this photo.

Tomahawk missile launch from Ohio-class submarine.

http://www.trentschindler.com/tomahawk.jpg

nice photoshop. looks like a tampon tube.

hehe. That's it. Still better artwork than a Sgt. Rock comic.

--Vic
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

The B1 bomber can do no such thing. It carries only bombs.
The tomahawk missile is ship or submarine launched, develpoement the
air launched variety was abandoned years ago.
The AGM misssile is launched by stratofortress bombers.

Once again you are full of ****.

He didn't say TOMAHAWK, he said "cruise missile."

The B1 can easily be configured to carry the AGM-158 JASSM (Joint
Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile), which is, indeed, a cruise missile.

But here's another statistic.
It costs the US government.taxpayer $50,000,000 to kill one
islamonutter in Afghanistan. They kill civilians for the same price.
The Islamonutters can kill a US soldier for around $5 in Afghanistan.
Not counting the civilians.

Most of the $50,000,000 goes into the pockets of rich arms
manufacturers.

$50 million to kill one Islamo-terrorist: Priceless.

On a similar note, I have a certain admiration involving Gadaffi; he's
killing an extraordinary number of terrorists, terrorists in training, and
potential terrorists at no cost to us.

I say leave him alone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

He didn't say TOMAHAWK, he said "cruise missile."

The Tomahawk IS a cruise missile.
http://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_di...&tid=1300&ct=2

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke
Posted to alt.home.repair

"mm" wrote

BTW. I saw displayed a remote tv camera meant to hang from your dog or
cat's neck. So you can see where he's going. They'll probably have
pet-mounted missiles soon.

The "OH, ****!" moment would be priceless............. fade to television
screen static ..................................

On the series where they hunt wild hogs, the dogs have cameras. It is
interesting. They have one Great Dane, and that dog loves to chew up pigs.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
harry wrote:

[...]

He deserves at least one Hellfire missile hand delivered for all those
people he killed over Lockerbie, Scotland. What price to you assign to
those civilian men, women, and children who died that day?

I say deliver him a missile, and THEN leave him alone. Or whatever you can
find of him.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , mm wrote:
OT Isn't there a promotional drawing for "How I stopped worrying and
learned to love the bomb" that shows someone's stretched out over the
nosecone of missile, arms and leg wide apart, struggling to hold on.

That's the image I keep thinking of Kaddafi is speaking to a crowd
inside a big tent, and a Tomahawk missile comes right though an
opening in the far side of the tent and he sees it cming straight at
him. At the last moment he spreads his arms and grabs on.

Does this sound possible?

He'd have to jump pretty fast. A Tomahawk moves about 500mph.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"mm" wrote in message
OT Isn't there a promotional drawing for "How I stopped worrying and
learned to love the bomb" that shows someone's stretched out over the
nosecone of missile, arms and leg wide apart, struggling to hold on.

That's the image I keep thinking of Kaddafi is speaking to a crowd
inside a big tent, and a Tomahawk missile comes right though an
opening in the far side of the tent and he sees it cming straight at
him. At the last moment he spreads his arms and grabs on.

Does this sound possible?

AHR is dying for lack of ON TOPIC...... ww

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 24, 4:14*pm, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 24 Mar 2011 00:03:52 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

The B1 Bomber can fly at tree top level at supersonic speeds and
deliver cruise missiles that can travel through the space of a field
goal post.

You might like this photo.

[snip]

The *B1 bomber can do no such thing. *It carries only bombs.

Do try to keep up harry.

Weapons

The B-1B is no longer armed with nuclear weapons but is capable of
carrying the AGM-86B air launch cruise missile (ALCM) and the AGM-69
short-range attack missile.

http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/b-1b/

Cruise missiles can be categorized by size, speed (subsonic or
supersonic), and range, and whether launched from land, air, surface
ship, or submarine. Often versions of the same missile are produced
for different launch platforms; sometimes air- and submarine-launched
versions are a little lighter and smaller than land- and ship-launched
versions.

(From your favorite source Wiki)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_missile#Categories

The tomahawk missile is ship or submarine launched, develpoement the
air launched variety was abandoned years ago.
The AGM misssile is launched by stratofortress bombers.

Once again you are full of ****.

Your eyes are turning brown, harry. Don't be blinkered!

Not according to the Boeing website.
http://www.boeing.com/history/boeing/alcm.html
I imagine they would know?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 24, 4:18*pm, Red Green wrote:
"WW" wrote in news:55KdnYnj0oBV-
:

"mm" wrote in message
.. .
OT * Isn't there a promotional drawing for "How I stopped worrying and
learned to love the bomb" that shows someone's stretched out over the
nosecone of missile, arms and leg wide apart, struggling to hold on.

That's the image I keep thinking of Kaddafi is speaking to a crowd
inside a big tent, and a Tomahawk missile comes right though an
opening in the far side of the tent and he sees it cming straight at
him. * * At the last moment he spreads his arms and grabs on.

Does this sound possible?

AHR is dying for lack of ON TOPIC...... ww

Should be a button someplace in your newsreader to unsuscribe.- Hide quoted text -

True.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 23, 10:37*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"mm" wrote in message

[...]

I saw that movie again on tv the other day. Still a fine movie, IMO.

-C-
Posted to alt.home.repair

(snip)

A hand rises tentatively in the back of the crowd: "Honorable
general-san: Are you out of your ****ing mind?"

TDD

Too bad more people carrying arms don't express similar sentiments
today, in the real world. If the powers that be, from POTUS on down,
knew their orders had to pass the common-sense sniff test, perhaps they
would be more cautious in the orders they gave. One of many reasons I
don't think anyone under 25 or so should be allowed to volunteer for
combat duty. Kids are just too damn gullible and think they are immortal.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"WW" wrote

AHR is dying for lack of ON TOPIC...... ww

Put all your computer gear in a box and take it to Good Will. You are too
stupid to own it. If you can't figure out filters, what OT means, how to
flag a thread, how to discern what the discussion would be when the Subject
line reads: "How to seduce sheep", or even how to just pass on reading every
item your news server provides, you do not need a computer.

Do you find it necessary to participate in every conversation in the world?
Do you walk up to people talking and ask, "What are you talking about?"
Well, it's just about the same here. You don't need to be in EVERY
conversation, and if you're not in on the conversation, then don't take it
personally.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Country wrote:

That would be Slim Pickens.
Heart surgery pending?www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

I saw that movie again on tv the other day. Still a fine movie, IMO.

There are many anecdotes about the movie. One was that Slim Pickins
confessed to Stanley Kubrick that he didn't think he could do the job. He'd
never done a comedy before. Kubrick told him not to worry, that he didn't
WANT Pickins to do comedy. "Just play it straight," Kubrick said. "It'll
come out fine."

It did.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

Not according to the Boeing website.
http://www.boeing.com/history/boeing/alcm.html
I imagine they would know?

Boeing knows about as much regarding what the Air Force does when it takes
delivery as Chevrolet knows what I do to my truck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/23/2011 7:46 PM mm spake thus:

BTW. I saw displayed a remote tv camera meant to hang from your dog or
cat's neck. So you can see where he's going.

AKA "critter cams". Look 'em up; pretty kewl. Can be attached to
virtually any kind of animal.

They'll probably have pet-mounted missiles soon.

Let's hope not.

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang
where
here
l8tr
by

- from Usenet (what's *that*?)
Posted to alt.home.repair

"mm" wrote in message ...

That's the image I keep thinking of Kaddafi is speaking to a crowd
inside a big tent, and a Tomahawk missile comes right though an
opening in the far side of the tent and he sees it cming straight at
him. At the last moment he spreads his arms and grabs on.

Does this sound possible?

As the Tomahawk would be doing about 550 mph, I'm impressed with the
*******'s quickness of eye and strength of arm.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 25, 1:22*am, aemeijers wrote:
(snip)

A hand rises tentatively in the back of the crowd: "Honorable
general-san: Are you out of your ****ing mind?"

TDD

Too bad more people carrying arms don't express similar sentiments
today, in the real world. *If the powers that be, from POTUS on down,
knew their orders had to pass the common-sense sniff test, perhaps they
would be more cautious in the orders they gave. One of many reasons I
don't think anyone under 25 or so should be allowed to volunteer for
combat duty. Kids are just too damn gullible and think they are immortal.

--
aem sends...

That's exactly why they are recruited. They are pre-conditioned by
Hollywood **** ready for induction to the the US armed force's world
battles to support Israel, capitalism and your arms racketeers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 25, 2:04*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

Not according to the Boeing website.
http://www.boeing.com/history/boeing/alcm.html
I imagine they would know?

Boeing knows about as much regarding what the Air Force does when it takes
delivery as Chevrolet knows what I do to my truck.

The airforce maintains and flies aircraft. Stop.

No-one is alloweds to change/modify the smallest item on an aircraft
of any sort without extensive calculation and testing.
Not even a screw.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/25/2011 3:17 AM, harry wrote:
On Mar 25, 1:22 am, wrote:
(snip)

A hand rises tentatively in the back of the crowd: "Honorable
general-san: Are you out of your ****ing mind?"

TDD

Too bad more people carrying arms don't express similar sentiments
today, in the real world. If the powers that be, from POTUS on down,
knew their orders had to pass the common-sense sniff test, perhaps they
would be more cautious in the orders they gave. One of many reasons I
don't think anyone under 25 or so should be allowed to volunteer for
combat duty. Kids are just too damn gullible and think they are immortal.

--
aem sends...

That's exactly why they are recruited. They are pre-conditioned by
Hollywood **** ready for induction to the the US armed force's world
battles to support Israel, capitalism and your arms racketeers.

Oh yea, I remember the electrodes the nuns attached to me during the
brain washing sessions when I was a small boy to condition me to be a
robot slave dedicated to protecting Israel. Darned if it wasn't exactly
like what I saw years later in the Hollywood movie "A Clockwork Orange".
People could not believe it because no one listened to us children so
it must have been erased from the minds of most people with amnesia rays
from evil government satellites that orbited Earth at the behest
of The Jews who control the world.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:

Too bad more people carrying arms don't express similar sentiments
today, in the real world. If the powers that be, from POTUS on down,
knew their orders had to pass the common-sense sniff test, perhaps
they would be more cautious in the orders they gave. One of many
reasons I don't think anyone under 25 or so should be allowed to
volunteer for combat duty. Kids are just too damn gullible and think
they are immortal.

True, there's some of that immorality thinking. But have you ever met a
60-year old (retired) Marine?

The ONLY difference between him and a 19-year old fresh from boot camp is
that the elder Marine just moves a little slower.

Soldiers today, are, in the main, our warrior class. They sign up, aware of
the risks of death or disability, for the opportunity to kill people and
blow things up. It's what they train for. It's what they were born for. They
do it for their country's sake, for honor's sake, for glory's sake.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
On Mar 25, 2:04 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

Not according to the Boeing website.
http://www.boeing.com/history/boeing/alcm.html
I imagine they would know?

Boeing knows about as much regarding what the Air Force does when it
takes delivery as Chevrolet knows what I do to my truck.

The airforce maintains and flies aircraft. Stop.

No-one is alloweds to change/modify the smallest item on an aircraft
of any sort without extensive calculation and testing.
Not even a screw.

Silly person. Do you think the military is going to turn over the intimate
and secret details of a weapons system to a civilian company. Further,
Boeing is about as interested in the plane's payload as it is in the brand
of coffee the crew takes aboard in non-certified Thermos bottles.

Surely you don't think the Air Force is worried that the WARRANTY on a B-1
Bomber might get, like, VOIDED, if Boeing detects an unauthorized
modification?

I'm sure the Air Force itself has modification protocols, but I was merely
pointing out the absurdity of your statement that Boeing is a perfect
authority on the weapons systems of the planes. It isn't.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Should be a button someplace in your newsreader to unsuscribe.

What?! And miss all the preverts? I have to get my entertainment from
someplace. ^_^

Take heart. Someday the preverts will have to answer to. . . the Coca-Cola
company!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 24, 9:01*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Country wrote:

That would be Slim Pickens.
Heart surgery pending?www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

I saw that movie again on tv the other day. Still a fine movie, IMO.

There are many anecdotes about the movie. One was that Slim Pickins
confessed to Stanley Kubrick that he didn't think he could do the job. He'd
never done a comedy before. Kubrick told him not to worry, that he didn't
WANT Pickins to do comedy. "Just play it straight," Kubrick said. "It'll
come out fine."

It did.

Yup. It was funny watching some of those actors struggle to not bust
out laughing at some of Peter Sellers antics. I hope they never re-
make that one. Especially after the crappy job Steve Martin did on the
re-make of the Pink Panther.

-C-

Posted to alt.home.repair

Country wrote:
On Mar 24, 9:01 pm, wrote:
Country wrote:

That would be Slim Pickens.
Heart surgery pending?www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

I saw that movie again on tv the other day. Still a fine movie, IMO.

There are many anecdotes about the movie. One was that Slim Pickins
confessed to Stanley Kubrick that he didn't think he could do the job. He'd
never done a comedy before. Kubrick told him not to worry, that he didn't
WANT Pickins to do comedy. "Just play it straight," Kubrick said. "It'll
come out fine."

It did.

Yup. It was funny watching some of those actors struggle to not bust
out laughing at some of Peter Sellers antics. I hope they never re-
make that one. Especially after the crappy job Steve Martin did on the
re-make of the Pink Panther.

-C-

I read it was expensive to make movies with him because he was so funny
the cast and crew kept breaking up and they had to reshoot the scene.
It was certainly a well cast movie; one of the best movies ever, in my
opinion.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Notat Home wrote:

Yup. It was funny watching some of those actors struggle to not bust
out laughing at some of Peter Sellers antics. I hope they never re-
make that one. Especially after the crappy job Steve Martin did on
the re-make of the Pink Panther.

-C-

I read it was expensive to make movies with him because he was so
funny the cast and crew kept breaking up and they had to reshoot the
scene. It was certainly a well cast movie; one of the best movies
ever, in my opinion.

Yep. Last year I bought a cheap wheelchair off of Craigslist. I already had
a black suit, glasses, and gloves.

My plan was to have my son roll me to the front of my local
congress-critters town hall meeting on the then-pending health care
legislation. At a crucial point, I was to stagger to my feet, scream "MEIN
FURHER! I CAN VALK!", then give the nazi salute.

I envisioned an unforgettable YouTube moment.

Didn't work. My Democrat congress-cretin didn't hold any town hall meetings.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/25/2011 4:17 AM, harry wrote:
On Mar 25, 1:22 am, wrote:
(snip)

A hand rises tentatively in the back of the crowd: "Honorable
general-san: Are you out of your ****ing mind?"

TDD

Too bad more people carrying arms don't express similar sentiments
today, in the real world. If the powers that be, from POTUS on down,
knew their orders had to pass the common-sense sniff test, perhaps they
would be more cautious in the orders they gave. One of many reasons I
don't think anyone under 25 or so should be allowed to volunteer for
combat duty. Kids are just too damn gullible and think they are immortal.

--
aem sends...

That's exactly why they are recruited. They are pre-conditioned by
Hollywood **** ready for induction to the the US armed force's world
battles to support Israel, capitalism and your arms racketeers.

Oh, get it through your idiot skull, already, harry- the government does
NOT control Hollywood. Hollywood merely makes whatever dreck they think
people will pay to see. There's been many a time when the PTB in DC went
on the warpath against Hollywood.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/25/2011 8:22 AM, HeyBub wrote:
aemeijers wrote:

[...]

NO 19-year old is aware of their own mortality. They don't have the life
experience to make an informed decision to put themselves at risk. And
recent studies seem to prove the long empirical evidence that
teenager-hood lasts until the mid-20s, when the brain is finished
developing. It has only in recent years that society has been rich
enough, and the lifespan long enough, for the 18-25 year old set to
finish growing up physically and neurologically before they started
having to make a living and cranking out babies. (Remember, mother
nature values reproduction above long lifespan. Crank out the babies,
and count on enough village Nanas being around to raise the orphans, but
keep the birthrate up.)

Humans are merely gene's way of reproducing.

--
aem sends...

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

I saw that movie again on tv the other day. Still a fine movie, IMO.

"GENTLEMEN! YOU CAN'T FIGHT IN THE WAR ROOM!"

or paraphrased ...

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com