Posted to alt.home.repair
Notat Home Notat Home is offline

Default OT How I wtopped worrying

Country wrote:
On Mar 24, 9:01 pm, wrote:
Country wrote:

That would be Slim Pickens.
Heart surgery pending?www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

I saw that movie again on tv the other day. Still a fine movie, IMO.

There are many anecdotes about the movie. One was that Slim Pickins
confessed to Stanley Kubrick that he didn't think he could do the job. He'd
never done a comedy before. Kubrick told him not to worry, that he didn't
WANT Pickins to do comedy. "Just play it straight," Kubrick said. "It'll
come out fine."

It did.

Yup. It was funny watching some of those actors struggle to not bust
out laughing at some of Peter Sellers antics. I hope they never re-
make that one. Especially after the crappy job Steve Martin did on the
re-make of the Pink Panther.

-C-

I read it was expensive to make movies with him because he was so funny
the cast and crew kept breaking up and they had to reshoot the scene.
It was certainly a well cast movie; one of the best movies ever, in my
opinion.