Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UPVC Frames Cracking, Am I worrying too much ??

OK its not really a DIY problem as these DG UPVC units were supplied
and fitted professionally.

But I am after advice.

Check out http://www.gb-online.co.uk/dump/door-cracks.jpg

They have been newly supplied and fitted for approx 6 months, with
the cracks gradually appearing. Both sides of the door have cracks.

It looks like the big crack was there originally as it looks like its
been filled.

Will the frames fall apart in time, or are there steel 'joints' inside
these very tight.

Do I need worry, or what should the supplier do ??
Posted to uk.d-i-y

gray wrote:

OK its not really a DIY problem as these DG UPVC units were supplied
and fitted professionally.

Professionally? No, fitted by someone who does it for a living.

Check out http://www.gb-online.co.uk/dump/door-cracks.jpg

You need to resize that pic, the file size is too big, and it is
impossible top see where the cracks are in relation to the window.

They have been newly supplied and fitted for approx 6 months, with
the cracks gradually appearing. Both sides of the door have cracks.
It looks like the big crack was there originally as it looks like its
been filled.
Will the frames fall apart in time, or are there steel 'joints' inside
these very tight.
Do I need worry, or what should the supplier do ??

You need to get the supplier in to sort it. It is surely covered by
Warranty, and poor work like that should be covered.
Alan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

gray wrote:
OK its not really a DIY problem as these DG UPVC units were supplied
and fitted professionally.

But I am after advice.

Check out http://www.gb-online.co.uk/dump/door-cracks.jpg

They have been newly supplied and fitted for approx 6 months, with
the cracks gradually appearing. Both sides of the door have cracks.

It looks like the big crack was there originally as it looks like its
been filled.

Will the frames fall apart in time, or are there steel 'joints' inside
these very tight.

Do I need worry, or what should the supplier do ??

Get the suppliers back in to sort it out. Those are meant to be welded
joints. If they have opened due to stress, then it suggests there are no
steels inside.
The door frame should not be structural so make sure something else is
not exerting a load on the frame which should only be supporting the
door and its own weight.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
gray writes:
OK its not really a DIY problem as these DG UPVC units were supplied
and fitted professionally.

But I am after advice.

Check out http://www.gb-online.co.uk/dump/door-cracks.jpg

I could make lots of guesses, but that's all they would be
due to a useless picture. How about one with some context?

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 29, 7:32*am, gray wrote:
OK its not really a DIY problem as these DG UPVC units were supplied
and fitted professionally.

But I am after advice.

Check outhttp://www.gb-online.co.uk/dump/door-cracks.jpg

Looks to me, from the angle involved, like you've asked them for
something slightly out of the ordinary and they didn't really know
what they were doing.

As others say, a better picture would be useful.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gray wrote:

OK its not really a DIY problem as these DG UPVC units were supplied
and fitted professionally.

But I am after advice.

Check out http://www.gb-online.co.uk/dump/door-cracks.jpg

They have been newly supplied and fitted for approx 6 months, with
the cracks gradually appearing. Both sides of the door have cracks.

It looks like the big crack was there originally as it looks like its
been filled.

Will the frames fall apart in time, or are there steel 'joints' inside
these very tight.

Do I need worry, or what should the supplier do ??

The corner welds are cracked. You should call in the supplier.
This is not an uncommon problem and there are a few possible causes,
one of which is that the frames are too tight in the aperture
The frames will not fall out but there is a danger of water ingress and
also further cracking in the other corners
There are two fixes:

1. Have the frames replaced.
2. The cracks could be sealed with hard-setting liquid PVC

--
"S'ils te mordent - mords-les"

What sealant for internal UPVC frames? [email protected] UK diy 6 November 22nd 06 02:03 PM
UPVC Window frames Ian Cornish UK diy 4 August 20th 05 10:00 AM
upvc frames mulldoonuk UK diy 1 May 17th 05 08:28 PM
Fixing plastic hooks to uPVC window frames Jay UK diy 1 March 22nd 04 10:40 PM
cleaning upvc frames TXXT123 UK diy 1 September 20th 03 08:03 PM