TXXT123

Default cleaning upvc frames

our house was recently rendered and painted with exterior masonry paint,the
upvc frames in a brown grain finish became splattered with paint which we
cannot shift,in trying to clean them we have "dulled " the upvc shine,is there
a way of removing the paint without this and is there anyway of restoring the
finish with say a fine rubbing compound,thanks in advance
Brian

TXXT123 wrote:
our house was recently rendered and painted with exterior masonry
paint,the upvc frames in a brown grain finish became splattered with
paint which we cannot shift,in trying to clean them we have "dulled "
the upvc shine,is there a way of removing the paint without this and
is there anyway of restoring the finish with say a fine rubbing
compound,thanks in advance

HI TX,

If this job was carried out by a company, get them back to sort the problem
out because as you have already found out, you are damaging the plastic in
trying to "clean it up" and the cause may be down to the negligence of the
company in not properly protecting the windows during the works.

You could try and use a cream specifically for cleaning UPVC - this can
ususlly be purchased from a local builders merchant or UPVC frame supplier
or a household cleaning cream such as Cif.

Brian

Cleaning the loft..;. Meoww UK diy 9 September 14th 03 06:46 AM
Wood or uPVC front door Lee Blaver UK diy 7 July 31st 03 09:59 PM
Windows Cleaning - Source of 'extension poles' and are they any good? StevieBoy UK diy 2 July 25th 03 09:50 PM