Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Brad nailer tool

How does this tool work? Where does it get its power from? Home Depot
has it on sale for $89, a 18-gauge kit. You must by now know, that i
am completely in the dark about this tool. LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 7:38*pm, Anthony wrote:
How does this tool work? Where does it get its power from? Home Depot
has it on sale for $89, a 18-gauge kit. You must by now know, that i
am completely in the dark about this tool. LOL

" Where does it get its power from?"

It uses electricity.

No, wait, it uses air.

No, wait, it's cordless.

No, wait, it uses diesel fuel.

No, wait. it's just a really expensive hammer.

err...how about a link or a model number so we can see what tool you
are talking about?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 7:38*pm, Anthony wrote:
How does this tool work? Where does it get its power from? Home Depot
has it on sale for $89, a 18-gauge kit. You must by now know, that i
am completely in the dark about this tool. LOL

SOME ARE POWERED BY COMPRESSED AIR, SOME ARE PURELY ELECTRIC.....BE
CAREFUL WITH THOSE.
I DELEIVERED A FEW SOULS TO THE AFTERLIFE FROM CARELESS USE OF A NAIL
GUN.
THE OTHERS JUST NEEDED A TRIP TO THE ER FOR MEDICAL REPAIRS TO THEIR
BODIES., THEIR SOULS WHERE JUST SLIGHTLY STIRRED.

PAT ECUM
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,
DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Jan 13, 7:38*pm, Anthony wrote:
How does this tool work? Where does it get its power from? Home Depot
has it on sale for $89, a 18-gauge kit. You must by now know, that i
am completely in the dark about this tool. LOL

" Where does it get its power from?"

It uses electricity.

No, wait, it uses air.

No, wait, it's cordless.

No, wait, it uses diesel fuel.

No, wait. it's just a really expensive hammer.

err...how about a link or a model number so we can see what tool you
are talking about?

Boy, Derby, how lazy can you get? All you had to do was go to the home
depot website, search for brad nailer, then look through the 30 or so
hits to see that all 3 of the ones for $89 are pneumatic. Sheesh, and
you call yourself a DIY guy.

Um, Anthony? See the little tail on that nailer? It's a pneumatic
fitting.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 13, 10:31*pm, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

*DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

NICE GOING SMITTY TWO TWO, I HOPE HE READS YOUR RESPONSE..OR..HE WILL
MOST LIKELY END UP ON MY COLLECTION ROUTE.

PATECUM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 14, 12:38*am, Anthony wrote:
How does this tool work? Where does it get its power from? Home Depot
has it on sale for $89, a 18-gauge kit. You must by now know, that i
am completely in the dark about this tool. LOL

Well then, you won't be capable of using it will you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

*DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Smitty Two, the only one here with class.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Anthony wrote:
How does this tool work? Where does it get its power from? Home Depot
has it on sale for $89, a 18-gauge kit. You must by now know, that i
am completely in the dark about this tool. LOL

Of course Harbor Freight has a perfectly adequate 18-Gauge brad nailer for
less than twenty bucks.
http://www.harborfreight.com/18-gaug...ler-66995.html

With the money you save, you'll have enough left over to buy a compressor to
power the nailer
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-3-hp-...sor-97080.html

AND still have money for the accessories (fittings, hoses, etc.) AND enough
money to buy the nails, staples, and brads that it shoots.

Posted to alt.home.repair

*DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Unless his local Home Depot has a special on a model not selling for
$89 on the website. Perhaps something on those overpriced clearance
tables that they (mine) often set up.

Besides, when you come looking for help, you shouldn't expect others
to have to do a bunch of searching to figure out what you are talking
about. If you are at the website looking at an item, how hard is it to
copy the link and paste it in the post?

Besides besides, I was too busy writing my witty response to spend
time searching the Home Depot website.

Posted to alt.home.repair

*DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Smitty's the *only* one here with class?

I wonder how the other folks who hang around a.h.r feel about that
comment.

Never mind, I'm sure they care about as much as I do.
Posted to alt.home.repair
zek zek is offline

power the nailerhttp://www.harborfreight.com/1-3-hp-3-gallon-100-psi-oilless-air-comp...

AND still have money for the accessories (fittings, hoses, etc.) AND enough
money to buy the nails, staples, and brads that it shoots.

I have a little compressor I bought at a local builders store.
Smaller than that one. It takes forever to pump up. With the Harbor
Freight
fittings, there was little build up. They seem to leak. I get by just
fine in the garage
with the 3 HP though using the same fittings.

greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article
,

*DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

I did think your response was witty. Sorry you didn't feel the same of
mine, which I thought not only witty, but helpful. In the outwit
department, apparently I fell short. Of course your logic is sound, it
could have been any nailer at all that he saw at HD. I had to overlook
that for the sake of humor. Poetic license, is how my mother
characterized her fictionalization of the world.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 13, 7:38 pm, Anthony wrote:
How does this tool work? Where does it get its power from? Home Depot
has it on sale for $89, a 18-gauge kit. You must by now know, that i
am completely in the dark about this tool. LOL

" Where does it get its power from?"

It uses electricity.

No, wait, it uses air.

No, wait, it's cordless.

No, wait, it uses diesel fuel.

No, wait. it's just a really expensive hammer.

err...how about a link or a model number so we can see what tool you
are talking about?

You beat me to it, DD. I tell 'ya, kids these days just expect everything
to be given to them on a silver platter, and by mindreaders no less!

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 14, 11:22*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article
,

*DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

characterized her fictionalization of the world.- Hide quoted text -

To be honest, I wasn't sure...it was right on the edge of wit and
chastisement.

I think the wittiest comment in this thread was Anthony's:

"...Smitty Two, the only one here with class." ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

?
"DerbyDad03" wrote

Thanks, Smitty Two, the only one here with class.

Smitty's the *only* one here with class?

I wonder how the other folks who hang around a.h.r feel about that
comment.

Never mind, I'm sure they care about as much as I do.

I feel sorry for Smitty being embarrassed like that. We have a reputation
to live up to. I feel like a slacker if at least once a day someone does
not say "asshole" after I make a comment. My wife obliges often!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 23:35:51 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

?
"DerbyDad03" wrote

Thanks, Smitty Two, the only one here with class.

Smitty's the *only* one here with class?

I wonder how the other folks who hang around a.h.r feel about that
comment.

Never mind, I'm sure they care about as much as I do.

I feel sorry for Smitty being embarrassed like that. We have a reputation
to live up to. I feel like a slacker if at least once a day someone does
not say "asshole" after I make a comment. My wife obliges often!

Yeah. Sometimes we married men have a tough row to hoe.