Posted to alt.home.repair
KOS KOS is offline

Default question about USG Lightweight All Purpose Joint Compound

Hi, I just picked up a gallon container of USG Lightweight All Purpose
Joint Compound

I have used joint compound from USG- the one with a green lid.

I will be using this for filling in some areas on a plaster walls..
This will be used just for plaster.

Can I use this on plaster walls? The container does not say anything
about plaster
Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

"KOS" wrote in message
Hi, I just picked up a gallon container of USG Lightweight All Purpose
Joint Compound

I have used joint compound from USG- the one with a green lid.

I will be using this for filling in some areas on a plaster walls..
This will be used just for plaster.

Can I use this on plaster walls? The container does not say anything
about plaster
Thanks

Any all purpose mud can be used on plaster walls.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 6, 4:06*pm, "Colbyt" wrote:
"KOS" wrote in message

Hi, I just picked up a gallon container of USG Lightweight All Purpose
Joint Compound

I have used joint compound from USG- the one with a green lid.

I will be using this for filling in some areas on a plaster walls..
This will be used just for plaster.

Can I use this on plaster walls? The container does not say anything
about plaster
Thanks

Any all purpose mud can be used on plaster walls.

As near as I have been able to find out, the lightweight stuff has
some sort of lightweight fill rather than a fine sand in the regular
stuff.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi, I just picked up a gallon container of USG Lightweight All Purpose
Joint Compound

I have used joint compound from USG- the one with a green lid.

I will be using this for filling in some areas on a plaster walls..
This will be used just for plaster.

Can I use this on plaster walls? The container does not say anything
about plaster

*Several guys that I have met on jobs over the years have told me that they
mix plaster of paris with joint compound when they patch plaster walls.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 7, 8:27*am, "John Grabowski" wrote:

*Several guys that I have met on jobs over the years have told me that they
mix plaster of paris with joint compound when they patch plaster walls.

Which just makes it set up fast, similar to using Durabond or another
setting-type joint compound.