Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best Source For Carhartt Jackets?

It's time to toss my 20+ YO Carhartt "100 Year Anniversary" jacket and
get a new one.

Problem is, I don't know what style/model I want so buying on line is
difficult.

I'd be willing to go around to different stores to find something I
like but I'm not sure who carries the largest selection or who has the
best prices - Dicks, Penney's, Gander Mountain, etc.

Any thoughts?

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
It's time to toss my 20+ YO Carhartt "100 Year Anniversary" jacket and
get a new one.

Problem is, I don't know what style/model I want so buying on line is
difficult.

I'd be willing to go around to different stores to find something I
like but I'm not sure who carries the largest selection or who has the
best prices - Dicks, Penney's, Gander Mountain, etc.

Any thoughts?

Try calling before you drive?
Watch Sunday paper for flyers?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 2, 11:57*pm, LouB wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
It's time to toss my 20+ YO Carhartt "100 Year Anniversary" jacket and
get a new one.

Problem is, I don't know what style/model I want so buying on line is
difficult.

I'd be willing to go around to different stores to find something I
like but I'm not sure who carries the largest selection or who has the
best prices - Dicks, Penney's, Gander Mountain, etc.

Any thoughts?

Try calling before you drive?
Watch Sunday paper for flyers?

Calling won't help me decide what style I want. Nor will the Sunday
papers, much.

There's 29 different styles on their website, with all different kinds
of linings - Sherpa, Quilt, Thermal, Blanket, etc. - as well as
different types of shells and colors.

I doubt any store will carry them all, but if I could find a place (or
places) with a decent selection, I'd least I'd have a better idea of
what feels good when put it on.

My jacket is so old, I don't even know what style it is or what kind
of lining it has.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/2011 11:09 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
It's time to toss my 20+ YO Carhartt "100 Year Anniversary" jacket and
get a new one.

Problem is, I don't know what style/model I want so buying on line is
difficult.

I'd be willing to go around to different stores to find something I
like but I'm not sure who carries the largest selection or who has the
best prices - Dicks, Penney's, Gander Mountain, etc.

Any thoughts?

Local farm supply store (TSC, et al) is a good place to start, if they
still carry Carhartt. Around here, half their work clothing area has
been given over to cheaper competitors that are almost as good. Hell,
even the grocery mega-stores carry Carhartt around here. Civilian and
hunter-oriented stores may have a better selection, but the places where
people who wear them year-round shop, will probably have better prices.

Carhartt is where Levi Strauss was in the 1960s- it is becoming a
fashion statement. Hope their company handles it better than Levi did.
Saw a stack of red-tab Levi 505s at Sam's Club today. They were made in
Vietnam. That is just sad, on so many levels....

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 2, 11:57 pm, LouB wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

I meant you should call to find who has the largest selection and / or
best prices.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 3, 7:20*am, LouB wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 2, 11:57 pm, LouB wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

We do.
We do.
We do.
We do.

Well, there's 4 wasted phone calls. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 3, 7:20 am, LouB wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 2, 11:57 pm, LouB wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

Ummm

How many different jackets do you have? How many colors?
When do they go on sale?
Looked for sale flyers?
Check internet for sales at B&M stores.

Get a woman to help you shop!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/03/2011 07:20 AM, LouB wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 2, 11:57 pm, LouB wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

got a pointer to this place on a cycling newsgroup of all places

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/

better prices than any I have seen in local stores, but you may want to
go try on jackets before ordering

good luck

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 2, 11:57 pm, LouB wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for an answer with some substance.

I looked at the site. It certainly has potential.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 3, 12:21*am, aemeijers wrote:
On 1/2/2011 11:09 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote: It's time to toss my 20+ YO Carhartt "100 Year Anniversary" jacket and
[...]

Thanks.

The nearest TSC in about 15 miles but it might be worth the trip.
Online prices look good too.

I'll check out the local Dicks and Gander Mountain to get a feel for
what's out there before checking out TSC.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:

It's time to toss my 20+ YO Carhartt "100 Year Anniversary" jacket and
get a new one.

Problem is, I don't know what style/model I want so buying on line is
difficult.

I'd be willing to go around to different stores to find something I
like but I'm not sure who carries the largest selection or who has the
best prices - Dicks, Penney's, Gander Mountain, etc.

In my part of the world Curtis lumber has the best selection.
[and you can pick up some nice bubinga or cocobolo at the Ballston Spa
store--- I don't know if all of them carry the tropical hardwoods that
this store does]

Don't know if there's one near you=
http://www.curtislumber.com/locations.asp

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/03/2011 09:13 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 3, 12:21 am, wrote:
[...]

ISTR that TSC had the best selection of anyone around of real work wear,
better than any of the froofy sporting goods stores. NOBODY had good
base layers, because I'm south of the Mason-Dixon line. Flannel shirts
are fine for working in a field, not so much for cycling (hence similar
discussion on cycling newsgroup, and lead to the online store that I
previously posted, which also turned out to have good prices on Carhartts.)

oddly enough, I ordered a Gore cycling jacket from an online store in
England last year, and it was still *SIGNIFICANTLY* cheaper than buying
from my local REI. What gives?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd look at the usual sources for after Christmas specials. Cabela's, maybe
Northern Tools, etc. Maybe google Carhart sales specials, or a combo
thereof ....................

Steve

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
It's time to toss my 20+ YO Carhartt "100 Year Anniversary" jacket and
get a new one.

Problem is, I don't know what style/model I want so buying on line is
difficult.

I'd be willing to go around to different stores to find something I
like but I'm not sure who carries the largest selection or who has the
best prices - Dicks, Penney's, Gander Mountain, etc.

Any thoughts?

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

I went to TSC. Nice selection. Prices *seemed* to be standard from
what I saw online (more on that later).

I tried on a number of styles and found that the J130 in medium was
slightly more roomy that the mediums or 40's in the other styles. I
wonder why some styles were S, M, L, etc. while others were 40, 44,
etc.

Settled on the J130 and expected to pay $74.99 as tagged. Turned out
it was 10% off although I didn't see any signs.

Who am I to argue?

I stopped at Dicks on the way home and it was $74.99 and not on sale.
I'm sure I could dig up a $10 off Dick's coupon someplace but the
additional $2.50 off isn't worth the gas.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 3, 8:59*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

I forgot to mention that Dicks didn't have anywhere near the selection
of styles that TSC had.

Even though I settled on a style that they both had, I was able to
make that choice from a wider selection.

yellow jackets C & E Home Repair 17 September 29th 08 01:05 PM
Carhartt Flame Resistant Work Wear This is one company that has aname and reputation for providing high quality working attire at affordablerates. Carhartt has a reputation in the industry that is second to none, andwhen the working class man or woma [email protected] Woodworking 0 April 23rd 08 08:09 AM
Yellow Jackets M Q Home Repair 7 July 30th 07 10:53 AM
Yellow Jackets Jim Home Repair 4 October 22nd 06 04:00 PM
Carhartt Simon UK diy 6 February 25th 06 12:09 AM