Posted to alt.home.repair

Default As seen on TV! Twin Draft Guard

Flipping through the "vast wasteland"[1], now and again I run across a
commercial that catches my attention. The Twin Draft Guard was one such.
Looks like an actual Good Idea, to keep air from infiltrating in/out of
your house through doors.

Anyone have any actual experience with this modern miracle product?

Website: https://twindraftguard.com (why they have a secure site is
beyond me)

[1] Anyone who remembers this reference from when it was first used is
dating themselves.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
Flipping through the "vast wasteland"[1], now and again I run across a
commercial that catches my attention. The Twin Draft Guard was one such.
Looks like an actual Good Idea, to keep air from infiltrating in/out of
your house through doors.

Anyone have any actual experience with this modern miracle product?

Website: https://twindraftguard.com (why they have a secure site is beyond
me)

[1] Anyone who remembers this reference from when it was first used is
dating themselves.

In 1940 my dad designed a door seal that was automatic. The door had a
routed out area in the bottom. In it was a felt seal that was driven tight
to the floor by a cam action actuated by a rod that was pushed in on the
hinge side as the door was closed. worked great. ww

Posted to alt.home.repair

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
Flipping through the "vast wasteland"[1], now and again I run across a
commercial that catches my attention. The Twin Draft Guard was one such.
Looks like an actual Good Idea, to keep air from infiltrating in/out of
your house through doors.

Anyone have any actual experience with this modern miracle product?

Website: https://twindraftguard.com (why they have a secure site is beyond
me)

Because on thebottom of the page that opens is the ordering form including a
place for your credit card number

[1] Anyone who remembers this reference from when it was first used is
dating themselves.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/2010 9:02 PM, WW wrote:
"David wrote in message
.com...
Flipping through the "vast wasteland"[1], now and again I run across a
commercial that catches my attention. The Twin Draft Guard was one such.
Looks like an actual Good Idea, to keep air from infiltrating in/out of
your house through doors.

Anyone have any actual experience with this modern miracle product?

Website: https://twindraftguard.com (why they have a secure site is beyond
me)

[1] Anyone who remembers this reference from when it was first used is
dating themselves.

In 1940 my dad designed a door seal that was automatic. The door had a
routed out area in the bottom. In it was a felt seal that was driven tight
to the floor by a cam action actuated by a rod that was pushed in on the
hinge side as the door was closed. worked great. ww

I've installed a lot of door sweeps on automatic doors. The things
look like a long brush. Here's a link to the C.R. Laurence Co., Inc.
web page of door sweeps and there is an automatic retracting sweep
listed there too with the brush type and others.

http://www.crlaurence.com/apps/sites...y=Door%20Sweep

http://tinyurl.com/27cpp9d

I've purchased and used a lot of their products over the years and
CRL is an excellent source for parts, tools and materials for glass
working, windows and entrances of all types.

http://www.crlaurence.com/default.aspx

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

I bought one at a drug store, tried it on my parents' front door.
Didn't work and I returned it. I think maybe the door wouldn't close
because just outside the door (between the main door and the screen
door) the threshold wasn't level with the floor. It was years ago so I
don't remember the details. But if you buy it in a store you'd have an
easier time returning it if it doesn't work for you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

David Nebenzahl wrote in news:4ce9d4c6$0$2539
:

Flipping through the "vast wasteland"[1], now and again I run across a
commercial that catches my attention. The Twin Draft Guard was one such.
Looks like an actual Good Idea, to keep air from infiltrating in/out of
your house through doors.

Anyone have any actual experience with this modern miracle product?

Website: https://twindraftguard.com (why they have a secure site is
beyond me)

[1] Anyone who remembers this reference from when it was first used is
dating themselves.

Standard crock of crap I'm sure.

Ad loaded with warning labels:

- "As Seen on TV"
- "Miracle"
- "Only 19.99 + S&H"

Well, I guess it will work at least once as long as you hit it with your
shoulder from a few feet back. Might even works a couple of times before
crumbling.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 22, 4:59*pm, Red Green wrote:
[...]

There's really not a lot to go wrong. Pipe insulation and some nylon
fabric and a sewing machine, five minutes and you can make your own.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 23 Nov 2010 00:39:50 GMT, Marina wrote:

Look in your local Walgreens/Rite Aid stores. Sometimes they sell stuff
in the store. So you can look in the box and see if you like it.

If you're within range of a Menards, they carry it.

Air draft from basement [email protected] Home Repair 11 August 17th 08 10:40 PM
Draft excluding echo21 UK diy 12 March 14th 08 02:57 PM
Draft from Extractor fan David UK diy 5 December 8th 06 09:17 PM
Draft source? Stubby Home Repair 4 November 26th 06 04:42 PM
join thin twin electricity cable with standard twin and earth Dundonald UK diy 6 March 29th 05 09:00 AM