Posted to alt.home.repair

Default As seen on TV! Twin Draft Guard

On 11/21/2010 9:02 PM, WW wrote:
"David wrote in message
.com...
Flipping through the "vast wasteland"[1], now and again I run across a
commercial that catches my attention. The Twin Draft Guard was one such.
Looks like an actual Good Idea, to keep air from infiltrating in/out of
your house through doors.

Anyone have any actual experience with this modern miracle product?

Website: https://twindraftguard.com (why they have a secure site is beyond
me)

[1] Anyone who remembers this reference from when it was first used is
dating themselves.

In 1940 my dad designed a door seal that was automatic. The door had a
routed out area in the bottom. In it was a felt seal that was driven tight
to the floor by a cam action actuated by a rod that was pushed in on the
hinge side as the door was closed. worked great. ww

I've installed a lot of door sweeps on automatic doors. The things
look like a long brush. Here's a link to the C.R. Laurence Co., Inc.
web page of door sweeps and there is an automatic retracting sweep
listed there too with the brush type and others.

http://www.crlaurence.com/apps/sites...y=Door%20Sweep

http://tinyurl.com/27cpp9d

I've purchased and used a lot of their products over the years and
CRL is an excellent source for parts, tools and materials for glass
working, windows and entrances of all types.

http://www.crlaurence.com/default.aspx

TDD