Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Steel Prices

How much are you paying for mild steel these days? I've been paying $1.10 a
pound for square tubing over the last month or so. It was $0.65 earlier
this year, in May or thereabouts.

What are you paying?

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 26, 7:17*pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
How much are you paying for mild steel these days? *I've been paying $1..10 a
pound for square tubing over the last month or so. *It was $0.65 earlier
this year, in May or thereabouts.

What are you paying?

Jon

Square tube (in my experience) has always sold at a substantial
premium to hot rolled steel.

In SoCal we pay about 50¢ a pound for hot rolled shapes.

cheers
Bob
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/26/2010 10:17 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
How much are you paying for mild steel these days? I've been paying $1.10 a
pound for square tubing over the last month or so. It was $0.65 earlier
this year, in May or thereabouts.

What are you paying?

Jon

Know nothing but heard TV economist say commodities are going up due to
devalued dollar. This is why gas prices going up even while we're not
using more.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DD_BobK wrote:
On Oct 26, 7:17 pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
How much are you paying for mild steel these days? I've been paying
$1.10 a pound for square tubing over the last month or so. It was
$0.65 earlier this year, in May or thereabouts.

What are you paying?

Jon

Square tube (in my experience) has always sold at a substantial
premium to hot rolled steel.

In SoCal we pay about 50¢ a pound for hot rolled shapes.

Well, I called on a price for hot rolled stip, and it's at $0.90 a pound. A
little less than the tubing, but still quite a bit more than you are paying.

I'm going to have to find out what's up with this.

Jon

A steel by any other name... (Steel Products Manual?) Louis Ohland Metalworking 0 August 3rd 09 02:27 PM
Steel Beam Prices John Home Repair 13 June 21st 09 09:24 PM
Steel prices SteveB[_9_] Metalworking 10 February 8th 09 02:29 AM
Adams Steel ? (Chicago area steel supplier) Albert Metalworking 2 October 31st 07 08:23 PM
Appliances-Brushed steel Vs Stainless steel DIY Novice UK diy 7 August 24th 04 06:44 PM