DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Steel Prices (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/312381-steel-prices.html)

Jon Danniken[_4_] October 27th 10 03:17 AM

Steel Prices

How much are you paying for mild steel these days? I've been paying $1.10 a
pound for square tubing over the last month or so. It was $0.65 earlier
this year, in May or thereabouts.

What are you paying?

Jon

DD_BobK October 27th 10 05:22 AM

Steel Prices

On Oct 26, 7:17*pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
How much are you paying for mild steel these days? *I've been paying $1..10 a
pound for square tubing over the last month or so. *It was $0.65 earlier
this year, in May or thereabouts.

What are you paying?

Jon

Square tube (in my experience) has always sold at a substantial
premium to hot rolled steel.

In SoCal we pay about 50¢ a pound for hot rolled shapes.

cheers
Bob

Frank[_13_] October 27th 10 01:18 PM

Steel Prices

On 10/26/2010 10:17 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
How much are you paying for mild steel these days? I've been paying $1.10 a
pound for square tubing over the last month or so. It was $0.65 earlier
this year, in May or thereabouts.

What are you paying?

Jon

Know nothing but heard TV economist say commodities are going up due to
devalued dollar. This is why gas prices going up even while we're not
using more.

Jon Danniken[_4_] October 27th 10 10:41 PM

Steel Prices

DD_BobK wrote:
On Oct 26, 7:17 pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
How much are you paying for mild steel these days? I've been paying
$1.10 a pound for square tubing over the last month or so. It was
$0.65 earlier this year, in May or thereabouts.

What are you paying?

Jon

Square tube (in my experience) has always sold at a substantial
premium to hot rolled steel.

In SoCal we pay about 50¢ a pound for hot rolled shapes.

Well, I called on a price for hot rolled stip, and it's at $0.90 a pound. A
little less than the tubing, but still quite a bit more than you are paying.

I'm going to have to find out what's up with this.

Jon