Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Adams Steel ? (Chicago area steel supplier)

Does anyone know about Adams Steel in McHenry, Illinois (about an hour
north of Chicago)? Do they sell steel (bar stock, tubes, angles,
etc.) in quantities small enough for hobbyists, or do they only do
large commercial orders? Can I browse the aisles and pick my own
stock, or is everything behind the counter? Or is it cut-to-order
like Metal Express?

Anyone know? Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Does anyone know about Adams Steel in McHenry, Illinois (about an hour
north of Chicago)? Do they sell steel (bar stock, tubes, angles,
etc.) in quantities small enough for hobbyists, or do they only do
large commercial orders? Can I browse the aisles and pick my own
stock, or is everything behind the counter? Or is it cut-to-order
like Metal Express?

Anyone know? Thanks.

I've gone in and rummaged through their aluminum stock looking
for cutoffs and such. They will cut to order if you want also.
I haven't been there for a while, so unless they changed,
you shouldn't have any problems.

A few times (years ago) they asked if I called ahead for what
I wanted. I think I did that once, but they didn't do anything
until I showed up.

Wayne D.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yes, we sell bar stock, tube, angle, i-beams, columns, mech. tubing,
stainless steel sheeting, aluminum, alum. diamond plate, expanded
metals, etc. We sell to the public. You can call/fax/email your
order in if it needs to be cut. If you don't know what you want, or
want to look at our drops, you can come in, & we can show it to you.

Thanks. Adams Steel Service Inc.
3003 W. Route 120
McHenry, IL 60051-4570
815-385-9100 or 847-381-0045 or 815-385-8382 (fax) or email