Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_4_] Jon Danniken[_4_] is offline

Default Steel Prices

DD_BobK wrote:
On Oct 26, 7:17 pm, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
How much are you paying for mild steel these days? I've been paying
$1.10 a pound for square tubing over the last month or so. It was
$0.65 earlier this year, in May or thereabouts.

What are you paying?

Jon

Square tube (in my experience) has always sold at a substantial
premium to hot rolled steel.

In SoCal we pay about 50¢ a pound for hot rolled shapes.

Well, I called on a price for hot rolled stip, and it's at $0.90 a pound. A
little less than the tubing, but still quite a bit more than you are paying.

I'm going to have to find out what's up with this.

Jon