Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Get ready the economy is about to tank:(

The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Congrats-- Never before have I seen so much crap spewed in so few
words.

Did you mean to post this to
alt.i-should-just-kill-myself-today-and-end-the-misery ?

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 11:39�am, wrote:
On Sun, 2 May 2010 08:27:36 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

Like XOM?

There may be a great buying opportunity but I doubt they go under

BP will survive in some fashion but they will have to go bankrupt. the
secondary costrs are far beyond any companies ability to pay.

the current stock will be worthless, unless you have the paper share
for fire starting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
" wrote:

The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Congrats-- Never before have I seen so much crap spewed in so few
words.

Did you mean to post this to
alt.i-should-just-kill-myself-today-and-end-the-misery ?

Jim

What, you haven't plonked that guy yet?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll deal
with it... man up

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 1:56�pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

... The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll deal
with it... man up

Yeah its no big problem Consider florida and the gulf coasts beaches
closed for years, fishing industry shut down too, perhaps 10 to 20
years or more, oil is highly toxic. Tourism to the entire area hurt
bad. The gulf stream is expected to carry the oil spill around all of
florida, likely killing the florida keys coral reef and all the
wildlife there. then up the east coast this isnt a area or regional
disaster this is a world ecological and fiancial disaster..........

now take the already sucky US economy. Cant you see whats about to
happen?

espically if it takes 3 months to stop the leak?

how about ALL the people who depend on fishing and tourism for a
living. Not just the actual fishermen but the people who process pack
and sell the fish. how about the beachfront hotels that will be
vacant? restaurants closed. who wants to visit a stinky beach covered
in oil residue?

do you think the USA can afford such costs, espically at this time?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
spewed forth:
On May 2, 1:56?pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

The messiah will fix it as he has done with everything else

Posted to alt.home.repair

By increasing taxes on the rich.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ChairMan" wrote in message
om...

do you think the USA can afford such costs, espically at
this time?

The messiah will fix it as he has done with everything else

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On May 2, 1:56�pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

I see a lot of jobs in the field of oil spill cleanup being created.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
" wrote:

The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Congrats-- Never before have I seen so much crap spewed in so few
words.

Did you mean to post this to
alt.i-should-just-kill-myself-today-and-end-the-misery ?

Jim

I'm surprised that no one has blamed it on George Bush. *snicker*

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On May 2, 1:56�pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Hey, I've been to the Louisiana beaches, many times over the last 20
years or so. Even before the hurricanes, they were dirty and nasty, and
I saw few if any signs of real tourism. Just people bringing their kids
from the first solid ground one parish in, on day trips, to 'see the Gulf'.

(I own property in Louisiana. I'm allowed to diss the place.)

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and
your stock will be worthless........

Like XOM?

There may be a great buying opportunity but I doubt they go under

BP will survive in some fashion but they will have to go bankrupt. the
secondary costrs are far beyond any companies ability to pay.

the current stock will be worthless, unless you have the paper share
for fire starting.

Boy, you sure assume a lot of facts not in evidence.

1. There has been no finding that BP was in any way to blame. The whole
thing could have been due to circumstances beyond the control of BP:
a. The original fire could have been an act of terrorism*.
b. There could have been a collision involving a submarine.
c. The blow-out preventer valves could have been defective**.
d. A lightning-strike could have caused the original fire.

2. Even IF BP is found to some degree liable, they have insurance for this
sort of thing.

---------
* An oil rig is a "soft" target. They are not protected and extremely
vulnerable. In the current case, the whole business could have been pulled
off by a handful (as few as one) eco- or Muslim terrorists.

** A blowout preventer is a device attached to the wellhead at the sea
floor. It contains at least two sub-devices used to stop the flow of fluids
or gas. One sub-device is almost always a large valve - like a faucet - that
is operated both remotely and manually. Another type of sub-device is a
honkin' big hydraulic press that crimps the pipe, squeezing it shut.

It is extremely odd that the blowout-preventer cannot be used to stop the
flow of oil. By standard and law they are tested frequently.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Obomba caused it to get our minds off of health care. (GRIN) ww

Posted to alt.home.repair

Why can't they use one of the subs that was used to probe the Titanic
wreck? They can take people down to great depths.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

HeyBub wrote:

It is extremely odd that the blowout-preventer cannot be used to stop the
flow of oil. By standard and law they are tested frequently.

Doesn't seem particularly odd to me at all...

It clearly didn't completely close before losing command signal from the
ground (fractional seconds). How nearly closed it is is anybody's guess
except for some who actually know what wellhead pressure, etc., is, that
could estimate an unobstructed flow rate.

Now it's got the damage from the surface and that there's nolonger any
support for a mile of pipe that can't be undamaged not to mention where
ever the platform debris landed it probably makes getting access to the
area w/ the ROVs difficult at best if not impossible.

Posted to alt.home.repair

WW wrote:
wrote in message
The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Obomba caused it to get our minds off of health care. (GRIN) ww

No no no, it was George Bush and Dick Cheney. Don't
dis da Messiah, he be dun gonna save all y'all!

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 1:56*pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

... The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll deal
with it... man up

Seriously. You haven't killfiled all of the above idiots yet? Really?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"tmclone" wrote in message
On May 2, 1:56 pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll
deal
with it... man up

Seriously. You haven't killfiled all of the above idiots yet? Really?

What, and miss all the amusement!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

dpb wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

It is extremely odd that the blowout-preventer cannot be used to stop
the flow of oil. By standard and law they are tested frequently.

Doesn't seem particularly odd to me at all...

Following excerpted from document written by former engineer on sister
platform and sent by an acquaintance who works in oilpatch around here...

"... all of the main pressure control equipment sits on the
seabed – the uppermost unmoving point in the well. This pressure control
equipment – the Blowout Preventers, or ‘BOP’s” as they’re
called, are controlled with redundant systems from the rig. In the event
of a serious emergency, there are multiple Panic Buttons to hit,
and even fail-safe Deadman systems that should be automatically engaged
when something of this proportion breaks out. None of them
were aparently activated, suggesting that the blowout was especially
swift to escalate at the surface."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 2 May 2010 15:08:25 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

It is extremely odd that the blowout-preventer cannot be used to stop the
flow of oil. By standard and law they are tested frequently.

It is said the BOP was tested 10 days prior to the incident. Another
suggestion was the BOP somehow warped during/after (?) the collapse
and was not able to function as intended.

...."BP America Inc. Chairman Lamar McKay, appearing on ABC's "This
Week" program, said fail-safe mechanisms on the rig that were designed
to prevent an oil spill had not worked as predicted and that a "failed
piece of equipment" was to blame for the spill, according to the New
York Times and other media outlets.

BP spokesman Bill Salvin said McKay was talking about the blowout
preventer as the failed equipment that caused the April 20 explosion
of the Deepwater Horizon rig, which killed 11 people. ..."

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/bp-...k=MW_news_stmp

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

BP will survive in some fashion but they will have to go bankrupt. the
secondary costrs are far beyond any companies ability to pay.

the current stock will be worthless, unless you have the paper share
for fire starting.

Have you read their balance sheet? Do you know what their cash reserves are? Do
you know their non-cash assets and how much can be liquidated? Do you know
their borrowing capacity?

Do you know how much insurance coverage they have? Do you know their contracts
with the rig operator and how liability is assigned? Do you know how much
insurance the rig operator has? Do you know their contracts with the equipment
providers (like the blow out preventor) and how liability is assigned?

Until you do, you are spewing ignorance. One thing you can be sure of, a bunch
of lawyers are going to get rich(er).

-- Doug
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It is extremely odd that the blowout-preventer cannot be used to stop the
flow of oil. By standard and law they are tested frequently.

It is said the BOP was tested 10 days prior to the incident. Another
suggestion was the BOP somehow warped during/after (?) the collapse
and was not able to function as intended.

..."BP America Inc. Chairman Lamar McKay, appearing on ABC's "This
Week" program, said fail-safe mechanisms on the rig that were designed
to prevent an oil spill had not worked as predicted and that a "failed
piece of equipment" was to blame for the spill, according to the New
York Times and other media outlets.

BP spokesman Bill Salvin said McKay was talking about the blowout
preventer as the failed equipment that caused the April 20 explosion
of the Deepwater Horizon rig, which killed 11 people. �..."

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/bp-...ed-equipment-f...

BP has a bad history of cost cutting and poor maintence which led to a
refinery fire that killed a bunch of workers and a alaska pipeline
leak, which led to a rebuild of the pipeline it was in poor shape.

Based on historical evidence BP cut corners to save money and have
more profit
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 7:46�pm, Douglas Johnson wrote:
" wrote:
[...]

wipe out fishing and tourism in the gulf of mexico from mexico to
florida, then around the keys and up the coast carried by the gulf
stream.

then try to clean this all up. mark my words it will bankrupt the
company.

just like a nuke plant accident in us, that releases a lot of
radiation and making a big part of the us not habitable....

will bankrupt whatever power company owns the plant. and do note your
homeownewrs insurance has no coverage for nuke accidents or acts of
war

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:
[...]

They have insurance with AIG )
Posted to alt.home.repair

"RBM" wrote in message

wrote in message

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll
deal with it... man up

"Pride goeth beore a great fall"

Proverbs 16:18

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 2 May 2010 16:55:25 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

wipe out fishing and tourism in the gulf of mexico from mexico to
florida, then around the keys and up the coast carried by the gulf
stream.

then try to clean this all up. mark my words it will bankrupt the
company.

Given these fatalistic views, oil may travel to Europe. You do know
the Gulf Stream bifurcates with a current flow towards Europe.

Maybe we can float some oil (sweet crude) to Cuba?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charlie" wrote in message

"RBM" wrote in message

wrote in message

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll
deal with it... man up

"Pride goeth beore a great fall"

Proverbs 16:18

Like I said, we're Americans, we'll pick ourselves up

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 10:23�pm, "RBM" wrote:
"Charlie" wrote in message

"RBM" wrote in message

wrote in message

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll
deal with it... man up

"Pride goeth beore a great fall"

Proverbs 16:18

Like I said, we're Americans, we'll pick ourselves up

at what costs, have you noticed our country is near bankrupt as is.

we dont need another drag on the economy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 2 May 2010 19:45:19 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

at what costs, have you noticed our country is near bankrupt as is.

Yes. Our President has spent more money, going into the future than
ALL previous presidents. Have you noticed?!

we dont need another drag on the economy

Defeat Barney Frank!! The Three Stooges: Nancy, Harry and Barry.

You did vote for Obama, right?

I will trade my ObamaCare for Park Place.

--
If you like ObamCare, you can have mine!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 02 May 2010 16:09:14 -0500, dpb wrote:

HeyBub wrote:

It is extremely odd that the blowout-preventer cannot be used to stop the
flow of oil. By standard and law they are tested frequently.

Doesn't seem particularly odd to me at all...

It clearly didn't completely close before losing command signal from the
ground (fractional seconds). How nearly closed it is is anybody's guess
except for some who actually know what wellhead pressure, etc., is, that
could estimate an unobstructed flow rate.

Now it's got the damage from the surface and that there's nolonger any
support for a mile of pipe that can't be undamaged not to mention where
ever the platform debris landed it probably makes getting access to the
area w/ the ROVs difficult at best if not impossible.

The ROVs are there but the BOP can't be activated. The BOP is broke.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 02 May 2010 16:02:11 -0400, aemeijers wrote:

wrote:
On May 2, 1:56�pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

I've been to the Alabama beaches too. Three weeks ago for SWMBO's birthday,
AAMOF. Orange Beach and Dauphin Island are some of the most beautiful beaches
around. From the maps they look like they're directly in the firing line.

(I own property in Louisiana. I'm allowed to diss the place.)

Me too (Alabama). ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message

Boy, you sure assume a lot of facts not in evidence.

There's a lot of that goes around.

1. There has been no finding that BP was in any way to blame. The whole
thing could have been due to circumstances beyond the control of BP:
a. The original fire could have been an act of terrorism*.
b. There could have been a collision involving a submarine.

Yeah, or an attack by the Saucer People.

* An oil rig is a "soft" target. They are not protected and extremely
vulnerable. In the current case, the whole business could have been pulled
off by a handful (as few as one) eco- or Muslim terrorists.

Or a crazed Tea-bagger out to make the Obama Administration look bad. Think
of that Stack guy who flew his plane into an IRS office.

** A blowout preventer is a device attached to the wellhead at the sea
floor

Or on the surface on dry land. As a much younger man I worked with BOPs
that I could pick up and carry, although it was smarter to get help.
They're in all kinds of sizes in all kinds of places, not just cut n' pasted
on the sea floor.

It is extremely odd that the blowout-preventer cannot be used to stop the
flow of oil. By standard and law they are tested frequently.

It ain't that odd, all kinds of things can prevent them from working.
Debris or damage can keep them open, I've see parts of tool strings that
drillers forgot they put down the hole still down there years later. In
this case the malfunction is especially unfortunate, but anything man can
design and build, forces he didn't anticipate can mess up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Douglas Johnson" wrote in message

the current stock will be worthless, unless you have the paper share
for fire starting.

Have you read their balance sheet? Do you know what their cash reserves
are? Do
you know their non-cash assets and how much can be liquidated? Do you
know
their borrowing capacity?

Do you know how much insurance coverage they have? Do you know their
contracts
with the rig operator and how liability is assigned? Do you know how much
insurance the rig operator has? Do you know their contracts with the
equipment
providers (like the blow out preventor) and how liability is assigned?

Until you do, you are spewing ignorance.

You nailed it.

One thing you can be sure of, a bunch
of lawyers are going to get rich(er).

That's usually how it works out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message

will bankrupt whatever power company owns the plant. and do note your
homeownewrs insurance has no coverage for nuke accidents or acts of
war

When you figure out how to work your caps shift key you'll perhaps be
allowed to say something the grownups at the big table will listen to.
Until then, go play with your G.I. Joes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped

It is extremely odd that the blowout-preventer cannot be used to stop the
flow of oil. By standard and law they are tested frequently.

It ain't that odd, all kinds of things can prevent them from working.
Debris or damage can keep them open, I've see parts of tool strings that
drillers forgot they put down the hole still down there years later. In
this case the malfunction is especially unfortunate, but anything man can
design and build, forces he didn't anticipate can mess up.

Allegedly there are seven remote subs in use, but I haven't heard a word
about whether they have reached the BOP or any details about controlling
the flow. Just trying to see down in that mess seems just about
impossible...5k feet down, dark, oily, silty...bad news.