Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT Get ready the economy is about to tank:(

wrote:
On May 2, 1:56�pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

... The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.
if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!
BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........
the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll deal
with it... man up

Yeah its no big problem Consider florida and the gulf coasts beaches
closed for years, fishing industry shut down too, perhaps 10 to 20
years or more, oil is highly toxic. Tourism to the entire area hurt
bad. The gulf stream is expected to carry the oil spill around all of
florida, likely killing the florida keys coral reef and all the
wildlife there. then up the east coast this isnt a area or regional
disaster this is a world ecological and fiancial disaster..........

now take the already sucky US economy. Cant you see whats about to
happen?

espically if it takes 3 months to stop the leak?

how about ALL the people who depend on fishing and tourism for a
living. Not just the actual fishermen but the people who process pack
and sell the fish. how about the beachfront hotels that will be
vacant? restaurants closed. who wants to visit a stinky beach covered
in oil residue?

do you think the USA can afford such costs, espically at this time?

Hey, I've been to the Louisiana beaches, many times over the last 20
years or so. Even before the hurricanes, they were dirty and nasty, and
I saw few if any signs of real tourism. Just people bringing their kids
from the first solid ground one parish in, on day trips, to 'see the Gulf'.

(I own property in Louisiana. I'm allowed to diss the place.)

--
aem sends...