Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Get ready the economy is about to tank:(

The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Congrats-- Never before have I seen so much crap spewed in so few
words.

Did you mean to post this to
alt.i-should-just-kill-myself-today-and-end-the-misery ?

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
" wrote:

The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Congrats-- Never before have I seen so much crap spewed in so few
words.

Did you mean to post this to
alt.i-should-just-kill-myself-today-and-end-the-misery ?

Jim

What, you haven't plonked that guy yet?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
" wrote:

The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Congrats-- Never before have I seen so much crap spewed in so few
words.

Did you mean to post this to
alt.i-should-just-kill-myself-today-and-end-the-misery ?

Jim

I'm surprised that no one has blamed it on George Bush. *snicker*

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll deal
with it... man up

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 1:56�pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

... The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll deal
with it... man up

Yeah its no big problem Consider florida and the gulf coasts beaches
closed for years, fishing industry shut down too, perhaps 10 to 20
years or more, oil is highly toxic. Tourism to the entire area hurt
bad. The gulf stream is expected to carry the oil spill around all of
florida, likely killing the florida keys coral reef and all the
wildlife there. then up the east coast this isnt a area or regional
disaster this is a world ecological and fiancial disaster..........

now take the already sucky US economy. Cant you see whats about to
happen?

espically if it takes 3 months to stop the leak?

how about ALL the people who depend on fishing and tourism for a
living. Not just the actual fishermen but the people who process pack
and sell the fish. how about the beachfront hotels that will be
vacant? restaurants closed. who wants to visit a stinky beach covered
in oil residue?

do you think the USA can afford such costs, espically at this time?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
spewed forth:
On May 2, 1:56?pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

The messiah will fix it as he has done with everything else

Posted to alt.home.repair

By increasing taxes on the rich.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ChairMan" wrote in message
om...

do you think the USA can afford such costs, espically at
this time?

The messiah will fix it as he has done with everything else

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On May 2, 1:56�pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

I see a lot of jobs in the field of oil spill cleanup being created.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On May 2, 1:56�pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Hey, I've been to the Louisiana beaches, many times over the last 20
years or so. Even before the hurricanes, they were dirty and nasty, and
I saw few if any signs of real tourism. Just people bringing their kids
from the first solid ground one parish in, on day trips, to 'see the Gulf'.

(I own property in Louisiana. I'm allowed to diss the place.)

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 02 May 2010 16:02:11 -0400, aemeijers wrote:

wrote:
On May 2, 1:56�pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

I've been to the Alabama beaches too. Three weeks ago for SWMBO's birthday,
AAMOF. Orange Beach and Dauphin Island are some of the most beautiful beaches
around. From the maps they look like they're directly in the firing line.

(I own property in Louisiana. I'm allowed to diss the place.)

Me too (Alabama). ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote in
:

wrote:
On May 2, 1:56�pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

I wasn't aware Louisiana HAD beaches.... ;-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:
aemeijers wrote in
:

wrote:
On May 2, 1:56�pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Well, Katrina/Rita did make a lot of them go bye-bye for awhile (along
with a couple of beach towns that flat disappeared), but the corps of
engineers and mother nature have been replenishing them. I saw some
aerial shots of beaches I have walked, right after the hurricanes. The
waves were lapping up onto the marshes. Not really beaches as we usually
think of them- more like a shallow ridge between the shallow mudflats
and the marshes where the ducks live. In western LA, you can walk out
straight from the shoreline far enough that it is hard to recognize
people, and still only be chest-deep in water. It is beyond flat there.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 1:56*pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

... The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll deal
with it... man up

Seriously. You haven't killfiled all of the above idiots yet? Really?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"tmclone" wrote in message
On May 2, 1:56 pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll
deal
with it... man up

Seriously. You haven't killfiled all of the above idiots yet? Really?

What, and miss all the amusement!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RBM" wrote in message

wrote in message

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll
deal with it... man up

"Pride goeth beore a great fall"

Proverbs 16:18

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charlie" wrote in message

"RBM" wrote in message

wrote in message

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll
deal with it... man up

"Pride goeth beore a great fall"

Proverbs 16:18

Like I said, we're Americans, we'll pick ourselves up

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 10:23�pm, "RBM" wrote:
"Charlie" wrote in message

"RBM" wrote in message

wrote in message

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll
deal with it... man up

"Pride goeth beore a great fall"

Proverbs 16:18

Like I said, we're Americans, we'll pick ourselves up

at what costs, have you noticed our country is near bankrupt as is.

we dont need another drag on the economy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 2 May 2010 19:45:19 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

at what costs, have you noticed our country is near bankrupt as is.

Yes. Our President has spent more money, going into the future than
ALL previous presidents. Have you noticed?!

we dont need another drag on the economy

Defeat Barney Frank!! The Three Stooges: Nancy, Harry and Barry.

You did vote for Obama, right?

I will trade my ObamaCare for Park Place.

--
If you like ObamCare, you can have mine!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RBM" wrote in :

wrote in message
..
.
The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy,
the spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating
fishing, beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and
your stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans,
We'll deal with it... man up

He's right;you saw awhile back how high gas prices drove up costs for much
of our everyday usage items and affected peoples lives.

It seems the way we "deal with it" is to enact more laws and restrictions
on the citizenry,instead of PRODUCING more energy ourselves.

and losing our freedom in the process.

Drill,drill,drill. and build more nukes,ASAP.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

"RBM" wrote:

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll deal
with it... man up

Yup. And the first order of business should be to kick BP out of all US
operations. One plant explosion in Houston, now this. They have the worse
safety record in the business.

Let them drill/refine elsewhere, how about hmmmm... Britain?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 05 May 2010 08:39:45 -0500, G Morgan wrote:
"RBM" wrote:

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll deal
with it... man up

Yup. And the first order of business should be to kick BP out of all US
operations. One plant explosion in Houston, now this. They have the worse
safety record in the business.

Let them drill/refine elsewhere, how about hmmmm... Britain?

Have they come up with any serious solutions?
All I've heard is 1) send robots down to try the shutoff valve
2) drill at an angle, hope to get close to the oil bearing fissure that
the original well tapped, and pump in concrete.

Wouldn't a humoungous load explosives at the surface close the gusher?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RBM" wrote:
Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll deal
with it... man up

Yup. *And the first order of business should be to kick BP out of all US
operations. *One plant explosion in Houston, now this. *They have the worse
safety record in the business.
Let them drill/refine elsewhere, how about hmmmm... Britain?

Have they come up with any serious solutions? *
All I've heard is 1) send robots down to try the shutoff valve
2) drill at an angle, hope to get close to the oil bearing fissure that
the original well tapped, and pump in concrete.

Wouldn't a humoungous load explosives at the surface close the gusher?

Or, more likely, open it further.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Obomba caused it to get our minds off of health care. (GRIN) ww

Posted to alt.home.repair

Why can't they use one of the subs that was used to probe the Titanic
wreck? They can take people down to great depths.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Posted to alt.home.repair

WW wrote:
wrote in message
The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Obomba caused it to get our minds off of health care. (GRIN) ww

No no no, it was George Bush and Dick Cheney. Don't
dis da Messiah, he be dun gonna save all y'all!

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 02 May 2010 22:48:40 -0400, jeff_wisnia

The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

That's just what I did on April 30th...I sold every share of BP in my
portfolio.

Jeff

Unemployment at about 20% is far worse than the spill. Will be
interesting to see how effective the government will be with the clean
up (or they might just try to blame BP and sit back).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:

-snip-

Unemployment at about 20% is far worse than the spill. Will be
interesting to see how effective the government will be with the clean
up (or they might just try to blame BP and sit back).

I wish my crystal ball worked as good as yours. I can't see into
the future much at all. But looking at the past & present what you
say is all wet.

So far I've heard Gov. Jindal, Janet Napoitano, the Sec. of the
Interior, Pres. Obama, the Gen. [Adm?] in charge of the Coast guard,
the guy on the ground with BP & this morning the CEO of BP, *all*
saying that they are working together and will get it done.

This morning the CEO of BP said in no uncertain terms-- 'we are
responsible. . . we will clean it up'. He reiterated that the
state and federal government was helping- but that the responsibility
for cleanup and recovery of the folks involved was BPs.

The interviewer [Stephanopolous] didn't seem to be grasping the
concept that the CEO was saying 'We are not to blame for the spill'-
our contractor is. But 'we are responsible'.

I get that. You can delegate the authority- but you can't
delegate the responsibility.

When Stephanopolous said- 'It might take 10s of billions of dollars to
completely clean this mess up, the CEO didn't blink- 'We're a big
company, we can handle it.' Yeah, I guess. they made 14billion in
2009 & 25billion in 2008. They are doing ok.

I might be buying some BP stock once all the weenies bail. [I wonder
how many of them bought it at $35 in 2009- and are getting nervous
when it goes back below $55?]

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:

Unemployment at about 20% is far worse than the spill.

Huh? It's @ 10% now, and expected go lower by 1% both in 2011 and again in
2012.

Posted to alt.home.repair

G. Morgan wrote:
Phisherman wrote:

Unemployment at about 20% is far worse than the spill.

Huh? It's @ 10% now, and expected go lower by 1% both in 2011 and
again in 2012.

The official unemployment rate is slightly less than 10% but "unemployment"
is defined as "those looking for work."

When you add people who have given up looking for work and those who are
grossly under-employed, i.e., a PhD in Chemical Engineering compounding
Slurpees at a Stop & Rob, the number is in the 20% range.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 5 May 2010 10:49:02 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

G. Morgan wrote:
Phisherman wrote:

Unemployment at about 20% is far worse than the spill.

Huh? It's @ 10% now, and expected go lower by 1% both in 2011 and
again in 2012.

The official unemployment rate is slightly less than 10% but "unemployment"
is defined as "those looking for work."

When you add people who have given up looking for work and those who are
grossly under-employed, i.e., a PhD in Chemical Engineering compounding
Slurpees at a Stop & Rob, the number is in the 20% range.

There are two (well more than that) numbers in play here. The so called "U3"
number is the one that is usually talked about. This is the number of people
actively looking for work (just under 10%, currently). The "U6" number is the
number of people who have given up or are "underemployed". This "U6" number
is now about 17%.

Here is a (fair?) comparison over the last century:

http://www.economicpopulist.org/cont...eat-depression
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 05 May 2010 08:43:29 -0500, G. Morgan wrote:

Phisherman wrote:

Unemployment at about 20% is far worse than the spill.

Huh? It's @ 10% now, and expected go lower by 1% both in 2011 and again in
2012.

It wasn't "expected" to go above 8%. Obummer said so, remember?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 10:27*am, " wrote:
The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Bankrupt! Your high again I see, They have future guarnteed income,
its called oil if you havnt heard, there is insurance and this may end
relatively soon, but you go ahead and short sale BP, mortage the house
too for your big trade.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 10:27*am, " wrote:
The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Nature will find a way to clean it up in a few years.

Meanwhile the lawers will haggle for about 10 years before anyone has
to write any substantial compensation checks. In that time the
accountants at BP will get this future expense on the books and real
losses will be reflected into the stock price as earnings are
reported, etc. In the end a few lawers will make out like bandits but
most of the folks affected will get undercut on their real losses.

The only thing we really have to fear is the govt stepping in and
trying to make it "better".

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RickH" wrote in message

Meanwhile the lawers will haggle for about 10 years before anyone has
to write any substantial compensation checks.

"Substantial"? "Compensation"? In my personal experience, no one will have
to write any checks, period. I'm still waiting for my "reimbursement" for
the $3k+ I spent treating my two cats who were poisoned by Chinese
gluten/melamine in the Iams cat food I fed them. I'm part of the suit, sent
in all the paperwork, and supposedly the suit has been settled. HowEVER,
since there are still "motions" pending, it will be months, years, or never
until I see any money. They "say" that we can get "up to 100%" of our
out-of-pocket expenses, but I figure the lawyers will get paid in full and
I'll be lucky to get $5 per cat. That almost pays for the cost of
photocopying the paperwork and the postage to mail it. Almost. Doesn't
compensate me for the loss of my 16 year old cat who was on track to live
another 4-6 years (based on my other cats' typical live expectancy). My 11
year old has already turned completely white in the muzzle and the vet
doesn't expect her to live more than 5 years, given her on-going medical
problems. So, shorten a cat's life expectancy by more than 5 years and you
don't even have to pay the medical expenses. Typical.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 10:27*am, " wrote:
The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the
spill is going to loop all the way around florida. decimating fishing,
beaches tourism etc over perhaps half our coast line.

if you own BP stock sell IMMEDIATELY!

BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

the economic side effects are going to kill our economy and push us
into a worse recession.

Today BP got its first, of many more to come, insurance payments,
401,000,000.00 million. BP has netted about 5 Billion a year, each
year, in 08-09. BP is probably worth 100s of Billions and you think so
stupidly they will fail. No they will pay the US people their profit,
for many years and contimue to pump oil.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 11:39�am, wrote:
On Sun, 2 May 2010 08:27:36 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
BP although a multi national company will likely go bankrupt, and your
stock will be worthless........

Like XOM?

There may be a great buying opportunity but I doubt they go under

BP will survive in some fashion but they will have to go bankrupt. the
secondary costrs are far beyond any companies ability to pay.

the current stock will be worthless, unless you have the paper share
for fire starting.