Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Please stop feeding the geese

Some motherless rat is putting out piles of bird food for the flock of
geese (probably Canadian, dark in color) that inhabit the small lake
near my office this time of year. Walking from the parking lot
(across a grassy lawn) to the entrance is navigating a mine field of
goose droppings. Let Mother Nature take care of these animals!

On a brighter note, one of the geese has built a nest in the pine
straw right beside the building, below a window, so we can watch the
eggs when she lays. They built a nest in the same spot a couple years
ago. The funny thing is watching the goose get into the nest - she
has to essentially fly into the large plate window and slide down into
it (hits about 4' off the ground) because of the shrubbery!
Definitely an LOL to witness.

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair

Why don't you take up your greivance with the party in question, like
a man, instead of bothering a bunch of people who are unlikely to be
feeding geese at all, let alone near you?

The only meaningful thing you'll accomplish here is getting your post
reported as spam.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 26, 1:49*pm, mike wrote:
Why don't you take up your greivance with the party in question, like
a man, instead of bothering a bunch of people who are unlikely to be
feeding geese at all, let alone near you?

The only meaningful thing you'll accomplish here is getting your post
reported as spam.

I just heard today who the suspect is. It's been a bit of a
mystery.

Nice spam, huh? hehe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 26, 12:38*pm, Mike wrote:
Some motherless rat is putting out piles of bird food for the flock of
geese (probably Canadian, dark in color) that inhabit the small lake
near my office this time of year. *Walking from the parking lot
(across a grassy lawn) to the entrance is navigating a mine field of
goose droppings. *Let Mother Nature take care of these animals!

On a brighter note, one of the geese has built a nest in the pine
straw right beside the building, below a window, so we can watch the
eggs when she lays. *They built a nest in the same spot a couple years
ago. *The funny thing is watching the goose get into the nest - she
has to essentially fly into the large plate window and slide down into
it (hits about 4' off the ground) because of the shrubbery!
Definitely an LOL to witness.

Mike

So stop the Rat ******* before there are more Rat *******s.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 26, 1:38*pm, Mike wrote:
Some motherless rat is putting out piles of bird food for the flock of
geese (probably Canadian, dark in color) that inhabit the small lake
near my office this time of year. *Walking from the parking lot
(across a grassy lawn) to the entrance is navigating a mine field of
goose droppings. *Let Mother Nature take care of these animals!

On a brighter note, one of the geese has built a nest in the pine
straw right beside the building, below a window, so we can watch the
eggs when she lays. *They built a nest in the same spot a couple years
ago. *The funny thing is watching the goose get into the nest - she
has to essentially fly into the large plate window and slide down into
it (hits about 4' off the ground) because of the shrubbery!
Definitely an LOL to witness.

Mike

Canada geese, like immigrants from the south, have taken up permanent
US residence.
Only solution to population control is resident goose hunting season.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike wrote the following:
Some motherless rat is putting out piles of bird food for the flock of
geese (probably Canadian, dark in color) that inhabit the small lake
near my office this time of year. Walking from the parking lot
(across a grassy lawn) to the entrance is navigating a mine field of
goose droppings. Let Mother Nature take care of these animals!

On a brighter note, one of the geese has built a nest in the pine
straw right beside the building, below a window, so we can watch the
eggs when she lays. They built a nest in the same spot a couple years
ago. The funny thing is watching the goose get into the nest - she
has to essentially fly into the large plate window and slide down into
it (hits about 4' off the ground) because of the shrubbery!
Definitely an LOL to witness.

Mike

Bring in a couple of Swans. Swans won't allow any other waterfowl near
their habitat.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/26/2010 1:38 PM, Mike wrote:
Some motherless rat is putting out piles of bird food for the flock of
geese (probably Canadian, dark in color) that inhabit the small lake
near my office this time of year. Walking from the parking lot
(across a grassy lawn) to the entrance is navigating a mine field of
goose droppings. Let Mother Nature take care of these animals!

On a brighter note, one of the geese has built a nest in the pine
straw right beside the building, below a window, so we can watch the
eggs when she lays. They built a nest in the same spot a couple years
ago. The funny thing is watching the goose get into the nest - she
has to essentially fly into the large plate window and slide down into
it (hits about 4' off the ground) because of the shrubbery!
Definitely an LOL to witness.

Mike

People tend to be amazingly clueless. There is a lake used for a public
water supply not far from here that has a walking path. Geese tend to
hang in a inlet with a nearby grassy area. There are at least four large
"DO NOT FEED THE GEESE" signs but guaranteed every time time we go for a
walk there are people feeding them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Some will call that a quackpot scheme. You propose the
hunting; I'll goose you along.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Frank" wrote in message

Only solution to population control is resident goose
hunting season.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Please be sure the swans are more desirable neighbors.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"willshak" wrote in message
m...

Bring in a couple of Swans. Swans won't allow any other
waterfowl near
their habitat.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

Posted to alt.home.repair

Are these the same humans who use hair dryer while in bath
tub? We can only hope.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"George" wrote in message

People tend to be amazingly clueless. There is a lake used
for a public
water supply not far from here that has a walking path.
Geese tend to
hang in a inlet with a nearby grassy area. There are at
least four large
"DO NOT FEED THE GEESE" signs but guaranteed every time time
we go for a
walk there are people feeding them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mike wrote:
Some motherless rat is putting out piles of bird food for the flock of
geese (probably Canadian, dark in color) that inhabit the small lake
near my office this time of year. Walking from the parking lot
(across a grassy lawn) to the entrance is navigating a mine field of
goose droppings. Let Mother Nature take care of these animals!

On a brighter note, one of the geese has built a nest in the pine
straw right beside the building, below a window, so we can watch the
eggs when she lays. They built a nest in the same spot a couple years
ago. The funny thing is watching the goose get into the nest - she
has to essentially fly into the large plate window and slide down into
it (hits about 4' off the ground) because of the shrubbery!
Definitely an LOL to witness.

Mike

When I lived up in PA the local park with a lake had a bad problem with
canadian geese. They had hunts but could only shoot from land. One
bang and they all fly to the middle of the lake. Supposedly quite a few
good sources said all they have to do in the summer in stop cutting the
grass. The geese love cut lawns but not high grass. May take a while
at first, but after a year or so the grass can be cut, but not manicured
like a golf course. Hmm. Do golf courses have the same problem?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In , Tony wrote in part:

When I lived up in PA the local park with a lake had a bad problem with
canadian geese. They had hunts but could only shoot from land. One
bang and they all fly to the middle of the lake.

How far is the middle from shore? How big is the biggest punt gun
legal to use in PA for this? 2 gauge? 1 gauge? 1-1/8 pounder? A gauge?
(sizes used for commercial more than recreational duck hunting, firing
1/2 pound to 2-to-maybe-3 pounds of birdshot)

Whatever the limit is, I would guess that a couple to a few of them
exist in PA, as big as that state is on guns.

One bang from a more ordinary gun to get the flock into the middle of
the lake, and a bigger bang from a bigger gun to turn a goodly chunk of
the flock into turtle food and fish food.

(assuming there is a safe zone of sufficient distance to shoot into
from across the lake)

How about enough people with enough .22 rifles - first bang gets the
geese to all go into a nice easy target area?

============

I know someone who suggested bringing in some big snapping turtles from
farther south to assassinate the geese. (possible cruelty to animals if
the snapping turtles can't survive the winter in PA and can't be returned
to farther south by wintertime)

===============

(Although, if the suggestion that I snipped out mentioning avoiding
mowed-short grass works, I am all for that one - especially if that gets
the geese to reproduce less as opposed to merely becoming someone else's
problem.)

- Don Klipstein )
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Some will call that a quackpot scheme. You propose the
hunting; I'll goose you along.

Where's Elmer Fudd when you need him?

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

I think him and Buggs Bunny are at the opera.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote
in message ...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Some will call that a quackpot scheme. You propose the
hunting; I'll goose you along.

Where's Elmer Fudd when you need him?

TDD

outside stop cock doesn't stop water when turned. Clare UK diy 13 July 19th 09 06:37 PM
Bar feeding? Cliff Metalworking 5 January 28th 06 06:51 PM
Hurrying - Geese George Woodturning 8 September 26th 05 03:03 AM
Care and feeding of a RAS? Toller Woodworking 6 September 18th 05 06:05 PM
OT -(Imagine that, here in THIS NG) Stop feeding the trolls! Tom Gardner Metalworking 17 March 24th 04 11:45 AM