Tom Gardner

Default OT -(Imagine that, here in THIS NG) Stop feeding the trolls!

Except for me of course, this is probably the only NG that has an eclectic
collection of synapse-firing, varied thinking people where common sense
is...well, actually common. However, why are you guys and gals so naive
when it comes to dealing with trolls? (OK, I poke the trolls too sometimes)
You just keep getting sucked into situations that are created only to
provoke an emotional response, and a post like this will take whatever
position necessary to create such response. I see posts from some trolls
that invade this sanctuary and you KNOW they have never created a single
chip. I value OT opinions from the people that have done any kind of
metalworking and KNOW those secrets of the universe.

STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS - THEY WILL DIE OF STARVATION IN MOMENTS!!!

I propose a test be implemented in order to even access this NG: "Which way
does one turn a right hand threaded bolt to tighten it?" That will
eliminate ALL the current trolls. (and some of the regulars too)

--
There are 10 kinds of people...Those that understand binary and those that
don't

Jeff Wisnia

Tom Gardner wrote:
snipped

I propose a test be implemented in order to even access this NG: "Which way
does one turn a right hand threaded bolt to tighten it?" That will
eliminate ALL the current trolls. (and some of the regulars too)

Is it pointing away from you or toward you Tom?

Jeff

__

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

to blame it on."

Artemia Salina

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:03:47 +0000, Tom Gardner wrote:

I propose a test be implemented in order to even access this NG: "Which way
does one turn a right hand threaded bolt to tighten it?"

The opposite direction that you would turn its corresponding nut.

HA!

--
"Please God, help me cleanse the computer of viruses and evil photographs
that disturb and ruin my work ..., so that I shall be able to cleanse

Tom Gardner

snipped

I propose a test be implemented in order to even access this NG: "Which

way
does one turn a right hand threaded bolt to tighten it?" That will
eliminate ALL the current trolls. (and some of the regulars too)

Is it pointing away from you or toward you Tom?

Jeff

I've gotten 20+ e-mails so far asking for clues. Let's just say it's
pointing...North!
(there goes a bunch more regulars)

Tom Gardner

snip
I propose a test be implemented in order to even access this NG: "Which

way
does one turn a right hand threaded bolt to tighten it?"

The opposite direction that you would turn its corresponding nut.

HA!

And which way ARE you turning?

Rich McCarty

I believe that one tightens the nut, not the bolt and if there is no nut,
then it's a screw, not a bolt.

Have you ever heard of a 'loose bolt'?

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
y.com...
snipped

I propose a test be implemented in order to even access this NG:

"Which
way
does one turn a right hand threaded bolt to tighten it?" That will
eliminate ALL the current trolls. (and some of the regulars too)

Is it pointing away from you or toward you Tom?

Jeff

I've gotten 20+ e-mails so far asking for clues. Let's just say it's
pointing...North!
(there goes a bunch more regulars)

Ken Cutt

Tom Gardner wrote:
[...]

Northern or southern hemisphere ?
Ken Cutt

Rich McCarty

I think that one tightens a nut, not the bolt. If there is no nut, then it's
a screw, not a bolt.

I've heard of 'having a screw loose' or a 'loose nut', but not a loose
[...]

Lewis Hartswick

Tom Gardner wrote:

snip
I propose a test be implemented in order to even access this NG: "Which

way
does one turn a right hand threaded bolt to tighten it?"

The opposite direction that you would turn its corresponding nut.

HA!

And which way ARE you turning?

All of which reminds me. What is the opposite of Widdershins ? :-)
...lew...
Lane

All of which reminds me. What is the opposite of Widdershins ? :-)
...lew...

Google produced: http://magickmind.wiccawebsites.com/deosil.html
"Deosil vs. Widdershins Put very simply the two are the equivalent of
clockwise and counter clockwise. "

Bernd

"Lewis Hartswick" wrote in message
All of which reminds me. What is the opposite of Widdershins ? :-)
...lew...

Domasil SP?

Bernd

Ken Davey

Rich McCarty wrote:
I think that one tightens a nut, not the bolt. If there is no nut,
then it's a screw, not a bolt.

I've heard of 'having a screw loose' or a 'loose nut', but not a loose
bolt...

Try asking for a set of head 'screws' at your local speed shop. (g)
Regards.
Ken.

Rich McCarty

Ken-
Point taken, but how many socket head cap BOLTS do you see listed in the MSC
catalog?

What kind of cars use bolts (er, screws) to secure the head? Every one I've
worked on had studs.

Regards,
Rich
"Ken Davey" wrote in message
Rich McCarty wrote:
I think that one tightens a nut, not the bolt. If there is no nut,
then it's a screw, not a bolt.

I've heard of 'having a screw loose' or a 'loose nut', but not a loose
bolt...

Try asking for a set of head 'screws' at your local speed shop. (g)
Regards.
Ken.

Lewis Hartswick

Rich McCarty wrote:

Ken-
Point taken, but how many socket head cap BOLTS do you see listed in the MSC
catalog?

What kind of cars use bolts (er, screws) to secure the head? Every one I've
worked on had studs.

Regards,
Rich

Maybe not cars but single cyl. gas engines ( at least the several I've
taken apart
and rebuilt ) like Brigs and Straton and Wisconsin, use head bolts
ERRRRR "screws"
:-) ...lew...
Ken Davey

Lewis Hartswick wrote:
Rich McCarty wrote:

Ken-
Point taken, but how many socket head cap BOLTS do you see listed in
the MSC catalog?

What kind of cars use bolts (er, screws) to secure the head? Every
one I've worked on had studs.

Regards,
Rich

Maybe not cars but single cyl. gas engines ( at least the several I've
taken apart
and rebuilt ) like Brigs and Straton and Wisconsin, use head bolts
ERRRRR "screws"
:-) ...lew...

To hell with it - they are all fasteners (BG).
Regards.
Ken.

Tim Williams

"Ken Davey" wrote in message
To hell with it - they are all fasteners (BG).

But not if they're stuck bad - then they are sloweners!

Tim

--
"I have misplaced my pants." - Homer Simpson | Electronics,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --+ Metalcasting

Ken Cutt

Tim Williams wrote:
"Ken Davey" wrote in message

To hell with it - they are all fasteners (BG).

But not if they're stuck bad - then they are sloweners!

Tim

--
"I have misplaced my pants." - Homer Simpson | Electronics,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --+ Metalcasting
and Games: http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/tmoranwms

Or places to store broken easy outs ?
Ken Cutt

Ken Sterling

Tim Williams wrote:
"Ken Davey" wrote in message

To hell with it - they are all fasteners (BG).

But not if they're stuck bad - then they are sloweners!

Tim

--
"I have misplaced my pants." - Homer Simpson | Electronics,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --+ Metalcasting
and Games: http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/tmoranwms

Or places to store broken easy outs ?
Ken Cutt

THAT'S IT.... I've got several of those places around my shop, but at
the present time, all of those storage places are occupied.... Maybe
this weekend I'll find the time to make some more compartments...
Thanks for the storage hint....
Ken.

noisy plumbing and no stop cock! Micko UK diy 2 April 20th 04 10:27 AM
Stop cock leaking Rich UK diy 7 September 29th 03 01:45 PM
Low water pressure and stop tap? Simom UK diy 1 July 24th 03 06:19 PM
Slow leak on compression joint - can't access stop cock The Natural Philosopher UK diy 4 July 10th 03 02:34 PM