Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rainsoft Timer Motor

My wife can always tell when it's time to add salt to our Rainsoft
water treatment system. A few years ago it wasn't regenerating and I
found that the timer motor (Intermatic CW190) wasn't working. I
replaced it and everything was fine until a week ago when she asked me
to check the system. It still had salt so I manually started a
regeneration cycle. The program disk got stuck in the backflush phase
so I figured the timer motor must have died again. I manually rotated
it through the entire cycle, and planned to do the same last night but
found that it was doing fine on its own. So since the motor is not
dead, I'm wondering what else might be stopping the rotation part way
through the cycle.

Any ideas?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 14, 8:56*am, "
wrote:
My wife can always tell when it's time to add salt to our Rainsoft
water treatment system. *A few years ago it wasn't regenerating and I
found that the timer motor (Intermatic CW190) wasn't working. *I
replaced it and everything was fine until a week ago when she asked me
to check the system. *It still had salt so I manually started a
regeneration cycle. *The program disk got stuck in the backflush phase
so I figured the timer motor must have died again. *I manually rotated
it through the entire cycle, and planned to do the same last night but
found that it was doing fine on its own. *So since the motor is not
dead, I'm wondering what else might be stopping the rotation part way
through the cycle.

Any ideas?

Hello! My name is Scott Harmon I am the director of technical service
and customer focus for AWTP, LLC – the parent company of RainSoft. We
are the manufacturer of RainSoft water treatment equipment. I would
be happy to address your problem. Please feel free to contact me at
your timer issue is two fold. If the
timer is not turning the time wheel then the motor may be part the
issue. Based on your comment that you started it manually and it stuck
in a backwash it sounds like what is called a bad index lever. If you
contact me I will have one of my staff walk you though the issue and
you can decide if it is something you would like to handle or have
your local dealer address
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 14, 8:56 am, "
wrote:
snip

Hello! My name is Scott Harmon I am the director of technical service and
customer focus for AWTP, LLC – the parent company of RainSoft. We are the
anufacturer of RainSoft water treatment equipment. I would be happy to
address your problem. Please feel free to contact me at
your timer issue is two fold. If the timer is
not turning the time wheel then the motor may be part the issue. Based on
your comment that you started it manually and it stuck
in a backwash it sounds like what is called a bad index lever. If you
contact me I will have one of my staff walk you though the issue and you can
decide if it is something you would like to handle or have your local dealer
address.

I was just about to say that! ;-)