Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stanley buys B&D

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/sta...ker-2009-11-02

found via http://tinyurl.com/yf9u7yl or
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=stanley+buys+

lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 3, 12:18*pm, LouB wrote:
http://www.marke****ch.com/story/sta...ck-decker-2009...

found viahttp://tinyurl.com/yf9u7yl*orhttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=stanley+buys+black+and+decker&so...

lou

Will new company be BS
Posted to alt.home.repair

LouB wrote:

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/sta...ker-2009-11-02

I thought of Stanley as decent quality tools.

I have no doubts regarding Black & Decker (who by the way, recently bought
Porter tools). I'll never again give B&D or any of their other brands such
as Dewalt my hard earned money in exchange for their garbage.

--
Tony Sivori
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Van Chocstraw" wrote in message
Tony Sivori wrote:
LouB wrote:

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/sta...ker-2009-11-02

I thought of Stanley as decent quality tools.

I have no doubts regarding Black & Decker (who by the way, recently
bought
Porter tools). I'll never again give B&D or any of their other brands
such
as Dewalt my hard earned money in exchange for their garbage.

Maybe some day they will be 'too big to fail'.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall...

Stanley used to be a good quality tool. Not pro quality, but more then
enough for the average home owner. In recent years, Stanley has been selling
plastic worthless made in China junk. One day I realized that of all the
garden tools I had broken in recent years, all of them were Stanley, and so
I stopped buying Stanley tools.

It's a sad day for B&D...but then, B&D hasn't been all that great in recent
years, either.

Where do you go for good quality made in USA tools these days? Is there
anyone left that makes good quality tools?

Posted to alt.home.repair

LouB wrote:
http://www.marke****ch.com/story/sta...ker-2009-11-02

found via http://tinyurl.com/yf9u7yl or
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=stanley+buys+
lou

Stanley makes hand tools. B&D make power tools. I don't see a relation.

The relation is that they both had good reputations years ago and they both
have cut quality.

Posted to alt.home.repair

such
as Dewalt my hard earned money in exchange for their garbage.

Maybe some day they will be 'too big to fail'.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall...

On a nice soft cushion of yours and my money, compliments of DC

Posted to alt.home.repair

LouB wrote:
http://www.marke****ch.com/story/sta...ker-2009-11-02

found via http://tinyurl.com/yf9u7yl or
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=stanley+buys+
lou

Stanley makes hand tools. B&D make power tools. I don't see a relation.

The relation is that they both had good reputations years ago and they both
have cut quality.

Ain't that the sad truth. I keep a cheap set of tools at the office, so
I don't cry too hard when an item grows legs, like they almost always
do. Stanley used to be my first choice for 'good enough' for that
application. I went to replace a few missing items a couple months back,
and the Stanley screwdrivers and pliers now feel a whole lot cheaper
than they used to. That is how I pick hand tools, if the store allows
hefting individual tools, versus staring through the damn blister-pack.
A good tool just looks and feels right, balances naturally, doesn't
smell funny, etc. The only brand I have got that feel from lately is
Klein. I'm sure there are other good brands out there, but the Klein
mini-kit was a present to myself, to match some older items I got at a
garage sale, well-scarred but still usable. (Trying to motivate myself
to finish cleaning up the basement wiring...)

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 3, 10:13*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
The relation is that they both had good reputations years ago and they both
have cut quality.

They cut quality to compete. Your average consumer doesn't give a hoot
about quality. All they want is the cheapest price. If you can buy
Brand X for 15 cents less than Stanley, they buy Brand X.

Stanley was losing market share to the China crap, so they started
painting China crap yellow and selling it as Stanley for a cheaper
price. It's the only reason they're still in business.

plidoweInformation wanted about Stanley No. 360 miter box and 30" x6"mated Stanley back saw dennis[_2_] Woodworking 0 July 6th 08 05:41 AM
MSC buys J&L AL Metalworking 8 April 4th 06 03:39 AM
Best buys at Lidl Part P Avoider UK diy 213 December 8th 05 03:50 PM
so a dummy buys a ras... Adam Woodworking 99 June 21st 05 07:18 PM
Is There any after Thanksgiving Day Buys? ToolMiser Woodworking 14 December 1st 04 12:28 AM