Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Getting rid of the neighbor cats

Jules wrote:
On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 11:32:44 -0700, Jon Danniken wrote:

Reno wrote:

My friend used to have a problem with the neighbor's cat. He
borrowed a live trap from the city and caught the cat. Then he
****ed all over it while it was in the trap. Left it to soak in the
**** for an hour and then let it go. Then he ****ed into a bottle
and sprinkled a bit of **** around the fence line. Cat never came
back. Besides effective this method was very satisfying.

LOL, fight fire with fire, eh?

No, that would be going and ****ing on your neighbor's lawn :-)

Read about a chap who had a persistent-barking (large) dog that lived next
door. The geometry was such that he could see into the dog owner's house
through an open patio door.

He filled a balloon with urine and chunked it through th neighbor's open
door. The balloon, of course, broke, the dog got blamed, and peace was
restored when the dog was exiled to a relative in the country.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 29, 10:55*am, Tony Hwang wrote:
Jon Danniken wrote:
Any suggestions besides trapping and drowning or shooting the little pieces
of sh*t that poop in my garden and pee in my carport?

I'm considering getting one of the "havahart" electric fence jobs and
zapping them until they get the message they are no longer welcome here..

Any other suggestions?

Jon

Hi,
No motion sensing sprinkler? If you kill the cat, you get into trouble.

I did the motion sensing sprinkler, forgot to turn it off while I was
on vacation. My neighbor who had agreed to take care of my dog found
it the hard way.

Jimmie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Denise in NH wrote:
Go to any pet store and buy a bottle of cat repellant.

Denise

They put dogs in a bottle?

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:

Feral, or neighbor cats? Killing feral cats is pointless- it just
opens up a slot for one from down the road to move in. The supply is
close to infininite, and self replenishing.

One of the neighbors. There's one guy a couple houses away who has owned
unfixed males in the past, "rescue" cats. He's a nice guy, and to be honest
I don't mind cats on the property (they keep the mice away), but I draw the
line at being okay with their various excretions.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

At Home Depot and garden centers, you can buy cat repellant.

I admit to a high degree of skepticism as to the effectiveness of such
products.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jules wrote:

No, that would be going and ****ing on your neighbor's lawn :-)

Hmmm, now that's a thought..... ;-

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jules wrote:

No, that would be going and ****ing on your neighbor's lawn :-)

Hmmm, now that's a thought..... ;-

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:

I have a Fi-Shock unit. They are reasonably priced if you don't buy
the whole unnecessary package with all the stuff. IIRC, I got mine at
a pet shop, and it was about $30 for the basic shocker unit, which is
all you want. Zap them once or twice, and they won't come back. It's
funny as hell, too. I never knew cats could jump that high! Just put a
stainless steel bowl of food out on an insulated base, and
leave it. As you say, make sure you have a good ground. Put it in a
place where your pets or kids can't get to it. But then, if the kids
do get to it, they only have to touch it once to have their curiosity
satisfied. Plus, if it is on your property, and your neighbor cannot
see it, there's less chance for there to be problems with them when
the cat gets lit up. I have gotten rid of several wandering dogs
that got in the trash, roaming cats, and a couple of wild critters. They
learn fast. Do not try to electrify too big an area, or a long
run of fence, as then it will be more upkeep, easier to short out,
and those nosy neighbors may gripe.

Aye, thanks Steve, that's the one I'm thinking of getting. I only wish I
were able to be there to see the damn thing hit it; that would bring me
much satisfaction.

Jon

You may. Put it up on the garage roof in a place where the cat will have a
secondary surprise. Just don't call the law at 2 AM when you hear something
crashing. The more unpleasant the experience the less likely they are to
return. I've rigged mono line to empty bundles of aluminum cans, and that
can be a deterrent, too. Unless you forget and get caught on your own
petard.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
On Oct 29, 1:55 pm, Reno wrote:

My friend used to have a problem with the neighbor's cat. He borrowed a
live trap from the city and caught the cat. Then he ****ed all over it
while it was in the trap. Left it to soak in the **** for an hour and then
let it go. Then he ****ed into a bottle and sprinkled a bit of **** around
the fence line. Cat never came back. Besides effective this method was
very
satisfying.

I'll recommend that to my husband. He tried dumping soapy water on
it when it was in the trap, but it couldn't take the hint and I saw it
back
again this week.

It could take him a while to get enough to sprinkle the fence line.
I'll
brew some tea.

Cindy Hamilton

Do it all. Keep it in the trap. Pee on it. Put a piece of wire on the
Fi-Shock and jab the cat a few times while in the trap. I bet he won't come
back.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:08:10 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Denise in NH wrote:
Go to any pet store and buy a bottle of cat repellant.

Denise

They put dogs in a bottle?

TDD

Sure. Wile-E-Coyote

http://www.jroller.com/MasterMark/re...e-Posters2.jpg

Even have Coyote urine.

Dab it on the cat an the program is over for the night.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jon Danniken wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
Feral, or neighbor cats? Killing feral cats is pointless- it just
opens up a slot for one from down the road to move in. The supply is
close to infininite, and self replenishing.

One of the neighbors. There's one guy a couple houses away who has owned
unfixed males in the past, "rescue" cats. He's a nice guy, and to be honest
I don't mind cats on the property (they keep the mice away), but I draw the
line at being okay with their various excretions.

Jon

Put a little food out there laced with generic (cheap) diarrhea
medicine? Like shoving a plug in their butt.

Lou

Posted to alt.home.repair

Why not? They put Dr. Pepper in bottles.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...
Denise in NH wrote:
Go to any pet store and buy a bottle of cat repellant.

Denise

They put dogs in a bottle?

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

No see cat! No ask!

http://firstmilkman.com/wp-content/u...catplease.jpeg

And here is the proof, on the web.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"LouB" wrote in message

Up in NJ we often wondered if the Chinese restaurants used
cats in some
dishes.

Lou

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jon Danniken" wrote in
:

aemeijers wrote:

Feral, or neighbor cats? Killing feral cats is pointless- it just
opens up a slot for one from down the road to move in. The supply is
close to infininite, and self replenishing.

One of the neighbors. There's one guy a couple houses away who has
owned unfixed males in the past, "rescue" cats. He's a nice guy, and
to be honest I don't mind cats on the property (they keep the mice
away), but I draw the line at being okay with their various
excretions.

Jon

have you tried moth balls as a repellent?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

"SteveB" wrote in
:

SteveB wrote:

[...]

the fishing line/can trick is good for 2-legged prowlers,too.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oh, I can't get near those.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
4...

have you tried moth balls as a repellent?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
localnet
dot com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Larry W wrote:

Why don't you just move?

I am at a loss as how to respond to your question without appearing
to be engaging in an ad hominum attack.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 00:07:56 -0400, LouB wrote:
Jon Danniken wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
Feral, or neighbor cats? Killing feral cats is pointless- it just
opens up a slot for one from down the road to move in. The supply is
close to infininite, and self replenishing.

One of the neighbors. There's one guy a couple houses away who has owned
unfixed males in the past, "rescue" cats. He's a nice guy, and to be honest
I don't mind cats on the property (they keep the mice away), but I draw the
line at being okay with their various excretions.

Jon

Put a little food out there laced with generic (cheap) diarrhea
medicine? Like shoving a plug in their butt.

You're a real piece of human garbage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Purchase a large amount of chili pepper and sprinkle it over your lawn.
They don't like the smell of it.

--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dick, that's a classy answer. Well done!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
Larry W wrote:

Why don't you just move?

I am at a loss as how to respond to your question without
appearing
to be engaging in an ad hominum attack.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote in
:

aemeijers wrote:
Feral, or neighbor cats? Killing feral cats is pointless- it just
opens up a slot for one from down the road to move in. The supply is
close to infininite, and self replenishing.

One of the neighbors. There's one guy a couple houses away who has
owned unfixed males in the past, "rescue" cats. He's a nice guy, and
to be honest I don't mind cats on the property (they keep the mice
away), but I draw the line at being okay with their various
excretions.

Jon

have you tried moth balls as a repellent?

How do they hold the moth down to cut them off?

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Reno
wrote:

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
Any suggestions besides trapping and drowning or shooting the little
pieces of sh*t that poop in my garden and pee in my carport?

I'm considering getting one of the "havahart" electric fence jobs and
zapping them until they get the message they are no longer welcome
here.

Any other suggestions?

Jon

My friend used to have a problem with the neighbor's cat. He borrowed a
live trap from the city and caught the cat. Then he ****ed all over it
while it was in the trap. Left it to soak in the **** for an hour and then
let it go. Then he ****ed into a bottle and sprinkled a bit of **** around
the fence line. Cat never came back. Besides effective this method was very
satisfying.

Same principle. Cheap. Humane. Effective. And sanitary:

http://www.critterbgone.com/shake_cats.asp

People who make a point of harming animals for doing what they do
naturally can go **** themselves.

-Frank

--
Here's some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank Warner" wrote in message
. ..
In article , Reno
wrote:

[...]

Eat meat?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank Warner wrote in
:

In article , Reno
wrote:

[...]

I wish there was a similar product for repelling dogs.
Many of my neighbors let their dog crap around the building(without picking
it up as required) instead of walking 20 extra feet to the perimeter of the
property,where people don't walk.
At least cats bury their poop.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank Warner wrote in
:

In article , Reno
wrote:

[...]

FAT CATS Millwright Ron[_2_] Metalworking 2 November 10th 08 06:17 PM
Old men & cats Joe Barta Woodworking Plans and Photos 33 February 27th 08 07:26 AM
Cats EXT Home Repair 0 February 3rd 08 10:02 PM
Why is a cats head call a cats head? TheAndroid Metalworking 11 January 17th 06 09:42 AM
OT-Cats Gunner Metalworking 29 December 29th 03 06:04 PM