Posted to alt.home.repair

Default They're GONE !

There was a notice on the door of my neighborhood Home Depot about a week
ago warning the Parking Lot Pedros to vamoose or dreadful things would
happen.

Went by there today and I could actually GET into the parking lot without
having to dodge anybody. Not a Pancho Bob Villa to be seen!

One of the staff, when asked, told me a couple of police Pablo Wagons, and
the message was received.

"Company-wide or just local?" I asked.

"Dunno" said the droid.

Anybody notice anything similar?

Posted to alt.home.repair
K K is offline

RobertPatrick wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
news
There was a notice on the door of my neighborhood Home Depot about a
week ago warning the Parking Lot Pedros to vamoose or dreadful things
would happen.

Went by there today and I could actually GET into the parking lot
without having to dodge anybody. Not a Pancho Bob Villa to be seen!

One of the staff, when asked, told me a couple of police Pablo
Wagons, and the message was received.

"Company-wide or just local?" I asked.

"Dunno" said the droid.

Anybody notice anything similar?

Have no idea what U R writing about.

Me either. Can you resend this in English?

Posted to alt.home.repair

RobertPatrick wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
news
There was a notice on the door of my neighborhood Home Depot about a
week ago warning the Parking Lot Pedros to vamoose or dreadful things
would happen.

Went by there today and I could actually GET into the parking lot
without having to dodge anybody. Not a Pancho Bob Villa to be seen!

One of the staff, when asked, told me a couple of police Pablo
Wagons, and the message was received.

"Company-wide or just local?" I asked.

"Dunno" said the droid.

Anybody notice anything similar?

Have no idea what U R writing about.

Sorry. Everybody understands what I'm trying to say, that's why it's so
necessary to explain.

In my part of the country, literally twenty to fifty "undocumented workers
striving for a better life for their families back in the old country"
sometimes surround your car as you pull into the HD parking lot. They are
applying for any construction or repair job you might have.

In many ways I admire them: They are willing to work hard for reasonable
wages. They have enough confidence in their abilities to risk a lot of time
and energy to GET to the Home Depot parking lot all the way from Patagonia
or wherever.

On the other hand, they sometimes dent the fenders as they bounce off.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RobertPatrick wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
news
There was a notice on the door of my neighborhood Home Depot about a
week ago warning the Parking Lot Pedros to vamoose or dreadful things
would happen.

Went by there today and I could actually GET into the parking lot
without having to dodge anybody. Not a Pancho Bob Villa to be seen!

One of the staff, when asked, told me a couple of police Pablo
Wagons, and the message was received.

"Company-wide or just local?" I asked.

"Dunno" said the droid.

Anybody notice anything similar?

Have no idea what U R writing about.

He's talking about the people typically standing on the walk by the parking lot
entries looking for odd jobs. Some of them aren't white.

Funny. I never seen them at Lowes, 2 blocks away, but dozens at H.D.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
RobertPatrick wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
news
There was a notice on the door of my neighborhood Home Depot about a
week ago warning the Parking Lot Pedros to vamoose or dreadful things
would happen.

Went by there today and I could actually GET into the parking lot
without having to dodge anybody. Not a Pancho Bob Villa to be seen!

One of the staff, when asked, told me a couple of police Pablo
Wagons, and the message was received.

"Company-wide or just local?" I asked.

"Dunno" said the droid.

Anybody notice anything similar?

Have no idea what U R writing about.

He's talking about the people typically standing on the walk by the parking lot
entries looking for odd jobs. Some of them aren't white.

Funny. I never seen them at Lowes, 2 blocks away, but dozens at H.D.

There's a place by a viaduct here in Birmingham that many of
us Honkeys referred to as Nubians-R-Us or Rent a Nubian. The
labor market has shifted, restaurant chefs had to be fluent in
Ebonics, now they have to speak Spanish.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

UR is University of Rochester, everyone knows that!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"K" wrote in message

Have no idea what U R writing about.

Me either. Can you resend this in English?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:11:07 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

Funny. I never seen them at Lowes, 2 blocks away, but dozens at H.D.

True. Lowe's is a "housewife's hardware store".

In my area the "workers" have moved over to U-Haul stores. Many
frequent garden centers and landscape properties. Haven't looked
around HD in awhile.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Funny. I never seen them at Lowes, 2 blocks away, but dozens at H.D.

True. Lowe's is a "housewife's hardware store".

In my area the "workers" have moved over to U-Haul stores. Many
frequent garden centers and landscape properties. Haven't looked
around HD in awhile.

I hate to sound racist, or whatever the term is, but they must be
migrating. I saw a couple of them up here at the HD in Maine !
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm never near a HD in the morning, so I may miss all the
action (Rochester NY area). However I have heard that many
Hispanics are mobile, and travel based on the crops,
harvest, etc. I don't consider it at all racist to mention
seeing Hispanics in Maine. Factual, maybe, but not racist.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tom Lachance" wrote in message
news:3f-dnd7bJpViCyfXnZ2dnUVZ_h5i4p2d@metrocastcablevision .com...

I hate to sound racist, or whatever the term is, but they
must be
migrating. I saw a couple of them up here at the HD in Maine
!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Funny. I never seen them at Lowes, 2 blocks away, but dozens at H.D.

True. Lowe's is a "housewife's hardware store".

In my area the "workers" have moved over to U-Haul stores. Many
frequent garden centers and landscape properties. Haven't looked
around HD in awhile.

I hate to sound racist, or whatever the term is, but they must be
migrating. I saw a couple of them up here at the HD in Maine !

I hear that southern border patrol is a mean group and will chase them all
day long. The northern border patrols are too damn cold so they can only
chase as far the the vehicle takes them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 18:32:31 -0400, "SBH"
wrote:

I hear that southern border patrol is a mean group and will chase them all
day long. The northern border patrols are too damn cold so they can only
chase as far the the vehicle takes them.

Give me a "border patrol" officer any day over an "immigration"
officer. I've seen them both in action, not at the border but in
confinement situations.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"RobertPatrick" wrote in message
"HeyBub" wrote in
news
There was a notice on the door of my neighborhood Home Depot about a
week ago warning the Parking Lot Pedros to vamoose or dreadful things
would happen.

Went by there today and I could actually GET into the parking lot
without having to dodge anybody. Not a Pancho Bob Villa to be seen!

One of the staff, when asked, told me a couple of police Pablo Wagons,
and the message was received.

"Company-wide or just local?" I asked.

"Dunno" said the droid.

Anybody notice anything similar?

Have no idea what U R writing about.

Have no idea what U R means. Where in this solar system do you live that
you don't get the drift of the conversation posted above your one line
reply? Which high school did you drop out of?

As per the original poster, Las Vegas has cracked down at SOME of the Home
Depots, so it must be a store manager thing. Also, Star Nursery is not as
bad as it was. But now, all you have to do is go one block away. I believe
they have put a footage limit on them, and they will just go a block down.
I think that they can invoke the local anti loitering ordinances in their
community by a formal police complaint. Most jurisdictions have such
ordinances, but enforce them selectively, as they may run off some of the
clientele, as in convenience stores. As long as they are not raising a
ruckus and spending money, they look the other way.

Don't know about things in your neck of the woods, but in Vegas, it was
getting ridiculous. I was waiting for someone to break out a barbecue and
some fresh cabrito and a four piece mariachi band. Musta been a pain with
all the trash and biohazard stuff. And I don't mind if they hang out
myself, but I really don't like when you and the Missus get out of the
truck, and six of them rush you, babbling in Spanish. I was always packing,
plus pepper spray.

I have to admit to hiring some of these guys. Mainly because I couldn't
find English guys who wanted to work. Except for my two nephews, but they
needed their pot break(s). And they were terrible workers. One day, I had
to go get them from their car after a half an hour break, and it was a smoke
filled scene that I could have sold to Cheech and Chong Productions, Inc. I
just told them to go home.

I hire some guys from the Spanish audience at our church. I also put up a
sign on the bulletin board for Anglos, but haven't gotten any calls. When I
need a couple of guys, I call the Spanish pastor, and even if he has to
bring them himself, they are here fifteen minutes early. There is no
discussion of wages. They are courteous. They are respectful. (I pay $10
an hour, and I get my money's worth, as most of the work is simple labor.)
I give bottled cold water and a home cooked lunch. They give more than what
they are paid. They can move two wheelbarrow loads at a time, when I'd poop
out or spill the whole thing. When they are paid, they pocket the money,
and say nothing except thank you, never losing eye contact, never looking at
how much I have paid them. I think I could slip them two dollar bills, and
they wouldn't crow. Just thank you. Of course, I'd probably hear about it
from the Spanish pastor.

I wish all Hispanics were as hard working as the ones I've used. That is
what this country was built upon. Probably like yours and my grandfathers.
But then, there are the ones who would rather take the easy road.

And then there are the young crowd, who can't even speak in complete
sentences, conjugate a verb, and talk in chatroom acronyms ........

Have no idea what U R writing about.

I bet you wouldn't make the day at my house, Bubba.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Funny. I never seen them at Lowes, 2 blocks away, but dozens at H.D.

True. Lowe's is a "housewife's hardware store".

In my area the "workers" have moved over to U-Haul stores. Many
frequent garden centers and landscape properties. Haven't looked
around HD in awhile.

Oren, you still in Sin City?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Funny. I never seen them at Lowes, 2 blocks away, but dozens at H.D.

True. Lowe's is a "housewife's hardware store".

In my area the "workers" have moved over to U-Haul stores. Many
frequent garden centers and landscape properties. Haven't looked
around HD in awhile.

I hate to sound racist, or whatever the term is, but they must be
migrating. I saw a couple of them up here at the HD in Maine !

Years ago, and I mean YEARS ago, like 1991, I went to a family reunion in
Washington State. My sis was with the US Forestry Department from Idaho. I
was then a Nevada contractor, and she wanted me to come up to Idaho and do
some contract work for her, and she GUARANTEED that my bid would be the
winning bid. She said she currently was using this one company who used a
revolving door of illegals, always keeping enough on site to do the work,
but having three shifts. One coming, one working, one going.

I declined, because I would have to do the same thing, knowing that for that
rate of pay I would NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER be able to keep a viable
workforce of US citizens, unless I was willing to pay the price of all the
drama, asskissing, and ignoring that such a workforce would require.

They are among us just as the interplanetary aliens are. They are not
coming. They are here! Is there anywhere on the North American continent
(sorry some of you don't know what that includes) that does not have
Hispanics, or Hispanic drug problems, Hispanic drug and gang problems, or
Hispanic overtaxing of governmental services? Tell me, I'd like to know.

And with Mr. Obama's philosophy, it's only going to get worse. Can you say
Soto-Mayor? I knewwwwwwww you could. When you can get medical and welfare
benefits in this country that you can't get in your own country,

Do the math.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
RobertPatrick wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
news
[...]

I never see them in the lot. Always on the sidewalk near the entrance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 17:06:03 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Funny. I never seen them at Lowes, 2 blocks away, but dozens at H.D.

True. Lowe's is a "housewife's hardware store".

In my area the "workers" have moved over to U-Haul stores. Many
frequent garden centers and landscape properties. Haven't looked
around HD in awhile.

Oren, you still in Sin City?

Steve

Yes, and my neck is above water. Not by much, though. :-))

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F wrote:
RobertPatrick wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
news
There was a notice on the door of my neighborhood Home Depot about a
week ago warning the Parking Lot Pedros to vamoose or dreadful things
would happen.

Went by there today and I could actually GET into the parking lot
without having to dodge anybody. Not a Pancho Bob Villa to be seen!

One of the staff, when asked, told me a couple of police Pablo
Wagons, and the message was received.

"Company-wide or just local?" I asked.

"Dunno" said the droid.

Anybody notice anything similar?

Have no idea what U R writing about.

He's talking about the people typically standing on the walk by the parking lot
entries looking for odd jobs. Some of them aren't white.

Funny. I never seen them at Lowes, 2 blocks away, but dozens at H.D.

I wonder how much it would cost to hire a crew for yard work, roofing,
filling in some ditches, picking up rocks?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

wrote:

Funny. I never seen them at Lowes, 2 blocks away, but dozens at H.D.

I don't know if there are guys looking for work at the HD's near me.
I never get there early enough.
Posted to alt.home.repair

on 9/23/2009 5:10 PM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:
RobertPatrick wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
news

[...]

I never saw anyone, white, black, or other, hanging around my HD looking
for work.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mysterious Traveler wrote:
Bob F wrote:
RobertPatrick wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
news
There was a notice on the door of my neighborhood Home Depot about
a week ago warning the Parking Lot Pedros to vamoose or dreadful
things would happen.

Went by there today and I could actually GET into the parking lot
without having to dodge anybody. Not a Pancho Bob Villa to be seen!

One of the staff, when asked, told me a couple of police Pablo
Wagons, and the message was received.

"Company-wide or just local?" I asked.

"Dunno" said the droid.

Anybody notice anything similar?

Have no idea what U R writing about.

He's talking about the people typically standing on the walk by the
parking lot entries looking for odd jobs. Some of them aren't white.

Funny. I never seen them at Lowes, 2 blocks away, but dozens at H.D.

I wonder how much it would cost to hire a crew for yard work, roofing,
filling in some ditches, picking up rocks?

About $8-$10/hour plus lunch. Each. And double for the leader?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mysterious Traveler wrote:
Bob F wrote:
RobertPatrick wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
news
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

willshak wrote:

on 9/23/2009 5:10 PM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:
RobertPatrick wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
news

[...]

In this area there are official day labor centers, so I've never seen
anyone hanging around the HD or Lowe's either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

willshak wrote:

on 9/23/2009 5:10 PM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:
RobertPatrick wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
news

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
RobertPatrick wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
news
[...]

I've never seen such a thing either. I don't know many people who
actually want to work in the KC area. Especially teenagers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
RobertPatrick wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
news
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 24, 6:48*am, willshak wrote:
on 9/23/2009 5:10 PM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:

RobertPatrick wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
news

[...]

To email, remove the double zeroes after @- Hide quoted text -

Me neither.

But if I did, I wouldn't refer to them as Parking Lot Pedros or Pancho
Bob Villa.

And "Pablo Wagons"? Hmmm...my PD doesn't have Pablo Wagons. Must be a
special order item.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 24, 6:48*am, willshak wrote:
on 9/23/2009 5:10 PM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:

RobertPatrick wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
news

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

On Sep 24, 6:48*am, willshak wrote:
on 9/23/2009 5:10 PM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:

RobertPatrick wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
news

[...]

Absolutely not! That would be outright slander. The lot people are
knowledgeable, skilled and willing to work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

On Sep 24, 6:48*am, willshak wrote:
on 9/23/2009 5:10 PM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:

RobertPatrick wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
news

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:05:48 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

In this area there are official day labor centers, so I've never seen
anyone hanging around the HD or Lowe's either.

Day labor centers around here, usually involves ex-cons, part of
their work release program. The centers pay insurance, etc. Just give
the worker a "pink slip" that he returns to the office.

At one new construction I was working I told my buddy -"that guy was
on the stucco company last week". Turns out the guy was a labor
pick-up from an HD lot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

willshak wrote:
on 9/23/2009 5:10 PM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:
RobertPatrick wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
news

[...]

Gotta be there more or less at dawn, when the contractors are picking up
the material for the day. (the small contractors, without the cash float
for an open account at a real supply yard.) Think of it as the grandson
of a Union hiring hall.

I've not seen it up north, but I did see it down in Louisiana. I have a
M-F day job, so unless I am down south on 'vacation', I'm not making
pre-breakfast supply runs.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

willshak wrote:
on 9/23/2009 5:10 PM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:
RobertPatrick wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
news

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:

I never saw anyone, white, black, or other, hanging around my HD
looking for work.

Gotta be there more or less at dawn, when the contractors are picking
up the material for the day. (the small contractors, without the cash
float for an open account at a real supply yard.) Think of it as the
grandson of a Union hiring hall.

I've not seen it up north, but I did see it down in Louisiana. I have
a M-F day job, so unless I am down south on 'vacation', I'm not making
pre-breakfast supply runs.

Any daytime hours here in Seattle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 17:04:51 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

"RobertPatrick" wrote in message
. ..
"HeyBub" wrote in
news
[...]

Well said. This country was built on the backs of our immigrant
grandparents who worked just as hard. And hard work is one of the key
ingredients for success.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/23/2009 12:43 PM HeyBub spake thus:

There was a notice on the door of my neighborhood Home Depot about a week
ago warning the Parking Lot Pedros to vamoose or dreadful things would
happen.

Went by there today and I could actually GET into the parking lot without
having to dodge anybody. Not a Pancho Bob Villa to be seen!

One of the staff, when asked, told me a couple of police Pablo Wagons, and
the message was received.

"Company-wide or just local?" I asked.

"Dunno" said the droid.

Anybody notice anything similar?

'Round 'heah (S.F East Bay area), no day laborers gather in front of
Home Despots that I've noticed. Dunno why not.

Hereabouts they gather, among other places, down the street from Truitt
& White in Berkeley, a higher-end lumberyard/home improvement store,
where they're well tolerated and frequently picked up for casual labor.