Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default They're GONE !

willshak wrote:

on 9/23/2009 5:10 PM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:
RobertPatrick wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
news

There was a notice on the door of my neighborhood Home Depot about a
week ago warning the Parking Lot Pedros to vamoose or dreadful things
would happen.

Went by there today and I could actually GET into the parking lot
without having to dodge anybody. Not a Pancho Bob Villa to be seen!

One of the staff, when asked, told me a couple of police Pablo
Wagons, and the message was received.

"Company-wide or just local?" I asked.

"Dunno" said the droid.

Anybody notice anything similar?

Have no idea what U R writing about.

Sorry. Everybody understands what I'm trying to say, that's why it's so
necessary to explain.

In my part of the country, literally twenty to fifty "undocumented workers
striving for a better life for their families back in the old country"
sometimes surround your car as you pull into the HD parking lot. They are
applying for any construction or repair job you might have.

In many ways I admire them: They are willing to work hard for reasonable
wages. They have enough confidence in their abilities to risk a lot of time
and energy to GET to the Home Depot parking lot all the way from Patagonia
or wherever.

On the other hand, they sometimes dent the fenders as they bounce off.

I never saw anyone, white, black, or other, hanging around my HD looking
for work.

In this area there are official day labor centers, so I've never seen
anyone hanging around the HD or Lowe's either.