Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default They're GONE !

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

On Sep 24, 6:48*am, willshak wrote:
on 9/23/2009 5:10 PM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:

RobertPatrick wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in
news

There was a notice on the door of my neighborhood Home Depot
about a week ago warning the Parking Lot Pedros to vamoose or
dreadful things would happen.

Went by there today and I could actually GET into the parking lot
without having to dodge anybody. Not a Pancho Bob Villa to be
seen!

One of the staff, when asked, told me a couple of police Pablo
Wagons, and the message was received.

"Company-wide or just local?" I asked.

"Dunno" said the droid.

Anybody notice anything similar?

Have no idea what U R writing about.

Sorry. Everybody understands what I'm trying to say, that's why
it's so necessary to explain.

In my part of the country, literally twenty to fifty "undocumented
work

ers
striving for a better life for their families back in the old
country" sometimes surround your car as you pull into the HD
parking lot. They a

re
applying for any construction or repair job you might have.

In many ways I admire them: They are willing to work hard for
reasonabl

wages. They have enough confidence in their abilities to risk a lot
of

time
and energy to GET to the Home Depot parking lot all the way from
Patago

nia
or wherever.

On the other hand, they sometimes dent the fenders as they bounce
off.

I never saw anyone, white, black, or other, hanging around my HD
looking for work.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Me neither.

But if I did, I wouldn't refer to them as Parking Lot Pedros or Pancho
Bob Villa.

And "Pablo Wagons"? Hmmm...my PD doesn't have Pablo Wagons. Must be a
special order item.

...refer to them as Parking Lot Pedros or Pancho Bob Villa.

Absolutely not! That would be outright slander. The lot people are
knowledgeable, skilled and willing to work.