Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Tempur-Pedic

Anyone tried one?

They never tell you on TV how much they cost, but after looking for
them a little on the web, they don't seem to cost more than a regular
high quality mattress.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 22, 8:15*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
Anyone tried one?

They never tell you on TV how much they cost, but after looking for
them a little on the web, they don't seem to cost more than a regular
high quality mattress.

And you can contact a local foam distributor and ask for memory foam -
still cheaper.

Memory foam is excellent for even support without pressure points, but
it is also excellent insulation - that's good in winter, but no so
good in summer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
Anyone tried one?

They never tell you on TV how much they cost, but after looking for
them a little on the web, they don't seem to cost more than a regular
high quality mattress.

our king was about $3600. I'd say that was about twice a good spring
mattress. But we love it. It takes a few days for the stink of the
foam to go away, but it does leave. And they are certainly different to
sleep on. Be sure to get a satisfaction guarantee, they may not be
for everyone. Ours came from "mattress firm".

One other thing, it's the only way to get away from the hump in the
middle of a king. The tempur-pedic's sit on a solid box. Not a box
spring. So there's no give to the platform at all and therefore not a
hump in the middle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 22, 8:53*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
Metspitzer wrote:
Anyone tried one?

They never tell you on TV how much they cost, but after looking for
them a little on the web, they don't seem to cost more than a regular
high quality mattress.

our king was about $3600. *I'd say that was about twice a good spring
mattress. *But we love it. *It takes a few days for the stink of the
foam to go away, but it does leave. *And they are certainly different to
* sleep on. *Be sure to get a satisfaction guarantee, *they may not be
for everyone. *Ours came from "mattress firm".

One other thing, it's the only way to get away from the hump in the
middle of a king. *The tempur-pedic's sit on a solid box. *Not a box
spring. *So there's no give to the platform at all and therefore not a
hump in the middle.

Sounds kind of lonely. Where would the world be without a hump in the
middle of the night?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
Anyone tried one?

They never tell you on TV how much they cost, but after looking for
them a little on the web, they don't seem to cost more than a regular
high quality mattress.

Here in New England we have Bob's Discount Furniture. www.mybobs.com He
has a private label brand at much better prices and we've had it for about
three years now. Like it very much. Some people say they are hot to sleep
on since it is a good insulator, but with the AC on in the summer, it is not
a problem for us. I'd buy another.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
[...]

HAR HAR I get it. berry berry funny.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
Anyone tried one?

They never tell you on TV how much they cost, but after looking for
them a little on the web, they don't seem to cost more than a regular
high quality mattress.

We got a memory foam mattress from
http://www.overnightmatress.com. It's
an RV queen which we are "testing" for
possible use in our house. The king
sells for about $700. So far, we are
happy with it. It is supposed to be their
"cool" model, but it is warmer than a
standard mattress. We have a standard
mattress pad on it. Once we are ready
to move into the new house, we will
be getting a king model to put on a
platform bed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 22, 8:15*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
Anyone tried one?

They never tell you on TV how much they cost, but after looking for
them a little on the web, they don't seem to cost more than a regular
high quality mattress.

Try Primo international's memory foam beds. Just as good. And a lot
less $$$ ... I have one and sleep like a baby. They also give you 2
pillows with it..Keep your old box spring and just get the mat..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:
[...]

Right back here. I suppose.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 22, 7:15*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
Anyone tried one?

They never tell you on TV how much they cost, but after looking for
them a little on the web, they don't seem to cost more than a regular
high quality mattress.

I have the same foam bought in a roll as a bed cover, in winter you
get warmer faster in a cool-cold room and need less room heat at
night, in summer you will need the AC set to a lower temp then you
would without the foam. I took off my foam cover last week and am alot
cooler at night since I dont cool the house with AC much at night.
Foams are great insulators. I also wonder if it isnt possibly
unhealthy for you, your skin breathes-foam doesnt it seals. Get a
cheap cover for 70$ and try it, its cheaper than a bed and easy to
dispose of if you dont like it. Maybe in winter I will use it again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Metspitzer wrote:

Anyone tried one?

They never tell you on TV how much they cost, but after looking for
them a little on the web, they don't seem to cost more than a regular
high quality mattress.

My King, with a wheeled platform, a couple pillows, covers, tax &
set-up was about $2300 a couple yrs ago. [from Metro Mattress , I
think they are just in NY]

I couldn't believe my wife picked it out. she likes a mushy mattress.
I prefer a board. We both like the memory foam.

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:15:13 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

Anyone tried one?

They never tell you on TV how much they cost, but after looking for
them a little on the web, they don't seem to cost more than a regular
high quality mattress.

I tried one at a local store and then ordered the knock-off that
Costco sells. I figured I could return it if I didn't like it. But I
really couldn't tell the difference from a TP. I've had it for two
years and still love it.

It's a bit odd sitting on the edge of the bed because it really does
sink down, but it comes right back up when you get off. I've learned
to sit back a bit futher to avoid that.

I also read about them being too warm but I never had that problem.
This is my second summer with it and no problem.

Costco sells several different tiers - the difference is the top 5" or
so, made up of differing foams. I got one of the more expensive ones,
but it's still cheap compared to TP.

I think Costco now sells them in the stores.

They are VERY heavy. Lifting the mattress up to tuck the sheet under
can be a bit of a struggle if you are lacking in arm strength.