Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

Default OT Tempur-Pedic

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:15:13 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

Anyone tried one?

They never tell you on TV how much they cost, but after looking for
them a little on the web, they don't seem to cost more than a regular
high quality mattress.

I tried one at a local store and then ordered the knock-off that
Costco sells. I figured I could return it if I didn't like it. But I
really couldn't tell the difference from a TP. I've had it for two
years and still love it.

It's a bit odd sitting on the edge of the bed because it really does
sink down, but it comes right back up when you get off. I've learned
to sit back a bit futher to avoid that.

I also read about them being too warm but I never had that problem.
This is my second summer with it and no problem.

Costco sells several different tiers - the difference is the top 5" or
so, made up of differing foams. I got one of the more expensive ones,
but it's still cheap compared to TP.

I think Costco now sells them in the stores.

They are VERY heavy. Lifting the mattress up to tuck the sheet under
can be a bit of a struggle if you are lacking in arm strength.