Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fix crack/chip in colored concrete

We have a large patio with retaining walls on both ends. It is colored,
stamped concrete. It has a crack running from the house out to the lawn.
I was thinking it may be a good idea to somehow seal that crack so that
water can't get in there and make it worse. How do I do this? Is there a
clear substance that I can use on this crack? It is a a narrow crack.
Hairline in parts, maybe a millimeter in others parts.

I also have the same stamped concrete for a sidewalk leading to the patio.
It developed a crack in 2 places, and one of the cracks chipped several
pieces off. I would like to seal this crack, and somehow affix those
pieces in place. I would probably need something clear here too.

Thanks for the help/suggestions!

-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ibrubeer" wrote in message
m...
We have a large patio with retaining walls on both ends. It is colored,
stamped concrete. It has a crack running from the house out to the lawn.
I was thinking it may be a good idea to somehow seal that crack so that
water can't get in there and make it worse. How do I do this? Is there a
clear substance that I can use on this crack? It is a a narrow crack.
Hairline in parts, maybe a millimeter in others parts.

I also have the same stamped concrete for a sidewalk leading to the patio.
It developed a crack in 2 places, and one of the cracks chipped several
pieces off. I would like to seal this crack, and somehow affix those
pieces in place. I would probably need something clear here too.

Thanks for the help/suggestions!

-------------------------------------
Sodium Silicate if you can find it. I have used it as a clear sealer on
concrete. Works great. However last time I wanted to purchase some the
chemical business would only sell to me in 55 gallon drum. Bought 5
gallons at earlier time. If you can get this add a little at a time and
let dry then add more times to bring up to level. Also known as (water
glass) WW

Posted to alt.home.repair

I suggest learn to post to Usenet the regular way.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ibrubeer" wrote in
message
m...

Thanks for the help/suggestions!

-------------------------------------

Delivered via http://www.thesuckocompany.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

ibrubeer had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...te-379400-.htm
:

WW wrote:
Sodium Silicate if you can find it. I have used it as a clear sealer on
concrete. Works great. However last time I wanted to purchase some
the chemical business would only sell to me in 55 gallon drum. Bought
5 gallons at earlier time. If you can get this add a little at a
time and let dry then add more times to bring up to level. Also known as
(water glass) WW

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try and find some of that and see if it
works.

What adhesive to glue back concrete chip? Phisherman Home Repair 11 May 7th 18 10:14 PM
Prepping a concrete crack for Quikrete DA Home Repair 2 July 16th 07 03:26 PM
Prepping a concrete crack for Quikrete DA Home Repair 0 July 16th 07 02:52 AM
Concrete Crack Repair KD Home Repair 8 September 18th 05 04:16 PM
New house concrete slab crack Dan C Home Repair 5 March 14th 05 04:17 AM