Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What adhesive to glue back concrete chip?

Recently I had my concrete driveway raised up. This caused a 3" chip
to come off my garage concrete floor. What is the best adhesive to
use to glue this concrete chip back into place? TIA
Posted to alt.home.repair

Phisherman wrote:

Recently I had my concrete driveway raised up. This caused a 3" chip
to come off my garage concrete floor. What is the best adhesive to
use to glue this concrete chip back into place? TIA

I'd bet a small sum that clear silicone caulk would work nicely. Never
tried it, but you want
something that will grip the pores of the concrete without adding bulk
to the joint., right?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 16:58:54 -0400, Phisherman wrote:

Recently I had my concrete driveway raised up. This caused a 3" chip
to come off my garage concrete floor. What is the best adhesive to
use to glue this concrete chip back into place? TIA

Depending on the application, either a quick plug hydraulic cement
or a masonry-grade epoxy.

Stop by a good full-service hardware store, explain the application,
etc.

Puddin'

"Blues starts to rolling ...
stops at my front do'.
I'm gonna change my way of livin' ...
won't have to worry no mo'."
- from "Blues Before Sunrise", Leroy Carr, maybe 1934

Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Mar 26, 5:06*pm, Norminn wrote:
Phisherman wrote:
Recently I had my concrete driveway raised up. *This caused a 3" chip
to come off my garage concrete floor. *What is the best adhesive to
use to glue this concrete chip back into place? *TIA

I'd bet a small sum that clear silicone caulk would work nicely. Never
tried it, but you want
something that will grip the pores of the concrete without adding bulk
to the joint., right?

There are concrete caulks and glues check your hardware .
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Recently I had my concrete driveway raised up. This caused a 3" chip
to come off my garage concrete floor. What is the best adhesive to
use to glue this concrete chip back into place? TIA

Since you still have the chipped piece; try a masonry adhesive or an
epoxy product.

I would go with a tube masonry adhesive for this small of task.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Recently I had my concrete driveway raised up. This caused a 3" chip
to come off my garage concrete floor. What is the best adhesive to
use to glue this concrete chip back into place? TIA

Thanks to all the replies. I used an epoxy formulated for concrete,
made by Loctite, sets in 5 minutes, cures in 24 hours.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 17:24:36 -0800, Oren wrote:

wrote:

Recently I had my concrete driveway raised up. This caused a 3" chip
to come off my garage concrete floor. What is the best adhesive to
use to glue this concrete chip back into place? TIA

Thanks to all the replies. I used an epoxy formulated for concrete,
made by Loctite, sets in 5 minutes, cures in 24 hours.

So you're happy?

Not yet, but thankful you helped. Time will tell if the chip remains
in place. Another option would have been to sink steel nails and
level the hole with a concrete filler.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Recently I had my concrete driveway raised up. This caused a 3" chip
to come off my garage concrete floor. What is the best adhesive to
use to glue this concrete chip back into place? TIA

Thanks to all the replies. I used an epoxy formulated for concrete,
made by Loctite, sets in 5 minutes, cures in 24 hours.

So you're happy?

Not yet, but thankful you helped. Time will tell if the chip remains
in place. Another option would have been to sink steel nails and
level the hole with a concrete filler.

You don't mean, drive a nail in a 3 inch concrete chip?! Your fix
should hold, IMO.

I think it is best to salvage the chip and attach it. It fits the
profile better and a masonry adhesive / epoxy where made for such
repairs. Good luck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Phisherman, same problem wrote:
Is the epoxy still holding?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ip-296246-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 4, 2018 at 1:14:07 PM UTC-5, same problem wrote:
replying to Phisherman, same problem wrote:
Is the epoxy still holding?
--

You're too late. 10 years ago, Phisherman was abducted by Giant Mutant Gerbils from Outer Space. The Air Force was unable to intercept their flying saucer. It's feared that the GMG's used Phisherman as a sex slave before eating him with fava beans. It's uncertain which wine was served with the meal. There is speculation that it was a wine usually served with fish. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Space Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

On Friday, May 4, 2018 at 1:14:07 PM UTC-5, same problem wrote:
replying to Phisherman, same problem wrote:
Is the epoxy still holding?
--

You're too late. 10 years ago, Phisherman was abducted by Giant Mutant Gerbils from Outer Space. The Air Force was unable to intercept their flying saucer. It's feared that the GMG's used Phisherman as a sex slave before eating him with fava beans. It's uncertain which wine was served with the meal. There is speculation that it was a wine usually served with fish. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Space Monster

Ya know Unc, I have questions. About 2 months ago the UFO sightings cropped
up again. Since then I have not heard a thing.

Were the gerbils flying them?

Have the gerbils controlled the discussion on UFOs?

Do the gerbils own HomemoanersHubless or are they just the users?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 4, 2018 at 2:14:07 PM UTC-4, same problem wrote:
replying to Phisherman, same problem wrote:
Is the epoxy still holding?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ip-296246-.htm

IDK about epoxy, and I doubt the poster from years ago is going
to reply, but I see in HD that they have adhesives, similar to
construction adhesive, for holding garden wall blocks and similar
together.