Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Scan 70 Blower Motor

Randy wrote:
I have a gas fireplace insert that the blower motor has worn out.
Apparently, I cannot acquire the replacement from any distributor or
the manufacturer as the fireplace is no longer manufactured. Does
anybody know where I can get one of these? The fireplace was made by
Scan and is a model 70. I need the entire blower motor apparatus.

Thanks.
Randy

I'm sure Fasco manufactures a motor that will fit.
I'd try an electric motor shop which usually caters
to industrial and HVAC service people. We have several
in my area that can usually come up with something
that will fit.

http://www.fasco.com/index.htm

http://www.fasco.com/pdf/CentrifugalBlowers_2008.pdf

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 9, 5:45*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
Randy wrote:
I have a gas fireplace insert that the blower motor has worn out.
Apparently, I cannot acquire the replacement from any distributor or
the manufacturer as the fireplace is no longer manufactured. *Does
anybody know where I can get one of these? *The fireplace was made by
Scan and is a model 70. *I need the entire blower motor apparatus.

Thanks.
Randy

I'm sure Fasco manufactures a motor that will fit.
I'd try an electric motor shop which usually caters
to industrial and HVAC service people. We have several
in my area that can usually come up with something
that will fit.

http://www.fasco.com/index.htm

http://www.fasco.com/pdf/CentrifugalBlowers_2008.pdf

TDD

A few years ago the bearing on a little blower motor froze up so I
took it apart to see if I could fix it. When I pulled it apart I got
the bearing number and the number seemed strangely familar. Anyway I
looked all over the place for replacement bearings and couldnt find
them until one night my daughter wanted to go roller skating. While I
was helping her put her roller blades on I saw the number on the
bearings and it was the same number as the one in the blower motor.
Apparently these bearings are used in a lot of small appliances,
vaccum cleaners, blenders, electric drills.... They are even available
in ceramic which is what is now in my wifes vaccum cleaner. They
wanted $120 for a new motor.
I cant remember the # but if you want to know just google roller
blade bearings.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

www.Grainger.com