Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blower Motor Does Not Turn On.

Hi,

I'm having problems with my furnace. The thermostat works fine because it
keeps calling for heat. The Pilot Light and burners work because they kick
on. When it "seems like" the blower should turn on nothing happens and then
the burners turn off again. This is a really old Flame Master furnace,
pretty sure the company isn't around anymore. Does anybody know where I
can start to trace the problem? Is it the motor itself (I can turn it by
hand and it spins no problem)? I'm at a loss as to what to do and I live
in a very small town and all the furnace guys are booked untill the new
year so I have to try to find a solution myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin
Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

WayNorth wrote:
Hi,

I'm having problems with my furnace. The thermostat works fine because it
keeps calling for heat. The Pilot Light and burners work because they kick
on. When it "seems like" the blower should turn on nothing happens and then
the burners turn off again. This is a really old Flame Master furnace,
pretty sure the company isn't around anymore. Does anybody know where I
can start to trace the problem? Is it the motor itself (I can turn it by
hand and it spins no problem)? I'm at a loss as to what to do and I live
in a very small town and all the furnace guys are booked untill the new
year so I have to try to find a solution myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

Pick an article from:

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=fu...s=&safe=images

Posted to alt.home.repair

"WayNorth" wrote in message
news:a270c628da567a3af35183975db45518@homerepairli ve.com...
Hi,

I'm having problems with my furnace. The thermostat works fine because it
keeps calling for heat. The Pilot Light and burners work because they kick
on. When it "seems like" the blower should turn on nothing happens and

then
the burners turn off again. This is a really old Flame Master furnace,
pretty sure the company isn't around anymore. Does anybody know where I
can start to trace the problem? Is it the motor itself (I can turn it by
hand and it spins no problem)? I'm at a loss as to what to do and I live
in a very small town and all the furnace guys are booked untill the new
year so I have to try to find a solution myself.

There is probably a temp switch above the burner which controls this.
Check it.

If you have a switch for "fan-only" operation, turning it on would
probably get you heat.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

The older furnace blower motors had reset switches on them, the motor
is not starting and that might cause your blower switch to hit high limit,
and
causing the burners to shut down. The motor starting switch might be bad,
or
the motor winding are shot.

"WayNorth" wrote in message
news:a270c628da567a3af35183975db45518@homerepairli ve.com...
Hi,

I'm having problems with my furnace. The thermostat works fine because it
keeps calling for heat. The Pilot Light and burners work because they kick
on. When it "seems like" the blower should turn on nothing happens and
then
the burners turn off again. This is a really old Flame Master furnace,
pretty sure the company isn't around anymore. Does anybody know where I
can start to trace the problem? Is it the motor itself (I can turn it by
hand and it spins no problem)? I'm at a loss as to what to do and I live
in a very small town and all the furnace guys are booked untill the new
year so I have to try to find a solution myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

Posted to alt.home.repair

What I'd want to know is if the motor is getting power. If it is,
you've got a bad blower motor. Or a bad run capacitor.

If the motor isn't getting power, I'd be thinking fan limit switch.
Or, fan center.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"WayNorth" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don't want to state the obvious, but is the belt okay?

Uses for 1/4 hp furnace blower motor Dan Jefferson Woodworking 13 October 5th 06 07:20 AM
Blower Motor Failure [email protected] Home Repair 16 March 30th 06 05:46 PM
Help wiring a furnace blower motor [email protected] Home Repair 1 October 10th 05 02:09 AM
Blower motor? BE Home Repair 44 July 17th 05 01:53 AM
Replacing furnace blower motor HvacTech2 Home Repair 58 August 23rd 03 03:29 AM