Posted to alt.home.repair

Default furnace blower motor

I have a G50UH gas furnace by Lennox. My blower motor is making a
high pitched humm. The air filter on the intake is clean. There is
no oil and there isn't a belt. What could be making the noise? Do I
need a new blower motor??

Thanks.

Joe O'Connell

Posted to alt.home.repair

probably .

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a G50UH gas furnace by Lennox. My blower motor is making a
high pitched humm. The air filter on the intake is clean. There is
no oil and there isn't a belt. What could be making the noise? Do I
need a new blower motor??

Thanks.

Joe O'Connell

Hard to say without hearing it or feeling it. Could be the motor bearings
are starting to go. If you feel vibration, that is a pretty sure sign of it
going. Some larger motors are able to be rebuilt, others are throw aways.

You may find a replacement at www.grainger.com or a local motor shop.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Could be needs oil, dirt on the blower, loose mounting bolts, or
any of a bunch of problems. Yeah,I know. You didn't see an oil
hole. But, maybe a pro knows where to look.

Time to call a service company.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
ups.com...
: I have a G50UH gas furnace by Lennox. My blower motor is
making a
: high pitched humm. The air filter on the intake is clean.
There is
: no oil and there isn't a belt. What could be making the noise?
Do I
: need a new blower motor??
:
:
: Thanks.
:
: Joe O'Connell
:

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 27, 4:31 pm, wrote:
I have a G50UH gas furnace by Lennox. My blower motor is making a
high pitched humm. The air filter on the intake is clean. There is
no oil and there isn't a belt. What could be making the noise? Do I
need a new blower motor??

Thanks.

Joe O'Connell

It's possible, even likely. Check with the furnace guru at www.arnoldservice.com.
They sould have the answers and the parts. Good luck.

Joe