Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Scan 70 Blower Motor

Randy wrote:
I have a gas fireplace insert that the blower motor has worn out.
Apparently, I cannot acquire the replacement from any distributor or
the manufacturer as the fireplace is no longer manufactured. Does
anybody know where I can get one of these? The fireplace was made by
Scan and is a model 70. I need the entire blower motor apparatus.

Thanks.
Randy

I'm sure Fasco manufactures a motor that will fit.
I'd try an electric motor shop which usually caters
to industrial and HVAC service people. We have several
in my area that can usually come up with something
that will fit.

http://www.fasco.com/index.htm

http://www.fasco.com/pdf/CentrifugalBlowers_2008.pdf

TDD