Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Increase BTU output of gas grill

I have a Char-Broil outdoor stovetop. It is basically a self-
contained side-burner that puts out a max of 21,000 BTU when set to
high. However, it is not powerful enough to boil 7-8 gallons of
water, at least not while the temperature outside is below 50. Does
anyone know if it might be possible to increase the BTU output
somehow? I was thinking if I can adjust the regulator somehow to
allow more propane through this might do it, but I don't know if the
burner is also a restricting factor. Or maybe I could purchase a
different regulator and splice it into the hoseline in place of the
existing one? Any ideas, or if this is impossible??? Thank you.