Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Increase BTU output of gas grill

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:48:27 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
om...
wrote:
I have a Char-Broil outdoor stovetop. It is basically a self-
contained side-burner that puts out a max of 21,000 BTU when set to
high. However, it is not powerful enough to boil 7-8 gallons of
water, at least not while the temperature outside is below 50. Does
anyone know if it might be possible to increase the BTU output
somehow? I was thinking if I can adjust the regulator somehow to
allow more propane through this might do it, but I don't know if the
burner is also a restricting factor. Or maybe I could purchase a
different regulator and splice it into the hoseline in place of the
existing one? Any ideas, or if this is impossible??? Thank you.

Boil the water inside on the range?

It's not real "outdoor cooking," but who's to know?

Anything involving boiling water is not real outdoor cooking anyway. To get
that much water boilng fast, the turkey fryer is ideal. Adjusting
regulators is asking for potential problems. It is not so simple as
orifices must be changed, air/fuel ratio adjusted, etc.

Bass Pro Shop has an outdoor fryer, for $29.00; excluding the tank.
The sale shows up now and then.