Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Increase BTU output of gas grill

wrote:
I have a Char-Broil outdoor stovetop. It is basically a self-
contained side-burner that puts out a max of 21,000 BTU when set to
high. However, it is not powerful enough to boil 7-8 gallons of
water, at least not while the temperature outside is below 50. Does
anyone know if it might be possible to increase the BTU output
somehow? I was thinking if I can adjust the regulator somehow to
allow more propane through this might do it, but I don't know if the
burner is also a restricting factor. Or maybe I could purchase a
different regulator and splice it into the hoseline in place of the
existing one? Any ideas, or if this is impossible??? Thank you.

Boil the water inside on the range?

It's not real "outdoor cooking," but who's to know?