Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Increase BTU output of gas grill

On Mar 25, 10:20*am, wrote:
I have a Char-Broil outdoor stovetop. *It is basically a self-
contained side-burner that puts out a max of 21,000 BTU when set to
high. *However, it is not powerful enough to boil 7-8 gallons of
water, at least not while the temperature outside is below 50. *Does
anyone know if it might be possible to increase the BTU output
somehow? *I was thinking if I can adjust the regulator somehow to
allow more propane through this might do it, but I don't know if the
burner is also a restricting factor. Or maybe I could purchase a
different regulator and splice it into the hoseline in place of the
existing one? *Any ideas, or if this is impossible??? *Thank you.

Might be easier and possibly cheaper to buy a turkey fryer. The
darned things are like jet engines. That's what I used during the
Great Power Outage of '03 (and we had a "boil water" advisory
for several days after the power came back on).

Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton