Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiring question

Can I hook up a regular 120v to a doorbell button?

I have these nasty kids that ring my doorbell, then run off.

I'd like to somehow hook it up, so when they press the button, they get
shocked.

Who would I call to do this? About how much?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Can I hook up a regular 120v to a doorbell button?
I have these nasty kids that ring my doorbell, then run off.
I'd like to somehow hook it up, so when they press the button,
they get shocked.
Who would I call to do this? About how much?

Call your local police and turn yourself in. You'll get about five
years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Porter Q. wrote:
Can I hook up a regular 120v to a doorbell button?

I have these nasty kids that ring my doorbell, then run off.

I'd like to somehow hook it up, so when they press the button, they get
shocked.

Who would I call to do this? About how much?

first person to call would be your lawyer. You're gonna need him.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:40:39 -0400, "Porter Q." wrote:

Can I hook up a regular 120v to a doorbell button?

I have these nasty kids that ring my doorbell, then run off.

I'd like to somehow hook it up, so when they press the button, they get
shocked.

Who would I call to do this? About how much?

15 years to life, if you are lucky. 3 to 5 even if you don't plug it
in but you get caught.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Porter Q." wrote in message
Can I hook up a regular 120v to a doorbell button?

I have these nasty kids that ring my doorbell, then run off.

I'd like to somehow hook it up, so when they press the button, they get
shocked.

Who would I call to do this? About how much?

This has been trolled here in the past. Try a new one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/22/2009 5:40 PM Porter Q. spake thus:

Can I hook up a regular 120v to a doorbell button?

I have these nasty kids that ring my doorbell, then run off.

I'd like to somehow hook it up, so when they press the button, they get
shocked.

Who would I call to do this? About how much?

Try a good criminal defense attorney, in advance.

Or even better in your case, a bad lawyer.

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 23, 1:31*am, Steve Barker wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:40:39 -0400, "Porter Q." wrote:

Can I hook up a regular 120v to a doorbell button?

I have these nasty kids that ring my doorbell, then run off.

I'd like to somehow hook it up, so when they press the button, they
get shocked.

Who would I call to do this? About how much?

15 years to life, if you are lucky. 3 to 5 even if you don't plug it
in but you get caught.

Hook the button up to a camera, so you can get a picture of them, and
give it to their parents.
--
aem sends...

i hook ours up to an air horn at halloween time. *An inexpensive
solenoid valve on a properly aimed garden hose would work also.- Hide quoted text -

I do a Klaxon horn. I have a circuit rigged so it will only work once
every few minutes.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:40:39 -0400, "Porter Q." wrote:

Can I hook up a regular 120v to a doorbell button?

I have these nasty kids that ring my doorbell, then run off.

I'd like to somehow hook it up, so when they press the button, they get
shocked.

Who would I call to do this? About how much?

Disconnect the doorbell and ignore the kids.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 07:02:40 -0400, Phisherman
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:40:39 -0400, "Porter Q." wrote:

Can I hook up a regular 120v to a doorbell button?

I have these nasty kids that ring my doorbell, then run off.

I'd like to somehow hook it up, so when they press the button, they get
shocked.

Who would I call to do this? About how much?

Disconnect the doorbell and ignore the kids.

Our neighborhood kids were waiting until 11 PM to ring doorbells, just
after I would fall asleep. I installed motion floodlights, and they
went elsewhere.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:40:39 -0400, "Porter Q." wrote:
Can I hook up a regular 120v to a doorbell button?
I have these nasty kids that ring my doorbell, then run off.
I'd like to somehow hook it up, so when they press the button, they get
shocked.
Who would I call to do this? About how much?
Disconnect the doorbell and ignore the kids.

Our neighborhood kids were waiting until 11 PM to ring doorbells, just
after I would fall asleep. �I installed motion floodlights, and they
went elsewhere.

2 brothers did this many years ago, the smallest one perhaps 4 years
old.

one day i stumbled onto a old rubber halloween mask.

I waited while the older one pushed his brother to knock.

I ran out and scared the living crap out of him, chased him the 2
doors to his home where his dad came out and asked whats up.

the father asked you been knick knocking? yeah said the kid. go in
the house now. dad apologized.

many years later they were moving the kids asked if i remembered that
day?

yeah so do we dad gave us a terrible spanking.

the youngest was about to get married, they turned out very nice

yes, they turned out nice because they were spanked and disiplined in an
effective manner. Unlike these heathen kids today whose parents think
they can do no wrong.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sometimes it's not the parents. It's the government, waiting
to pounce on any parent who disciplines a kid. And put the
kids in foster care.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve Barker" wrote in
message

yes, they turned out nice because they were spanked and
disiplined in an
effective manner. Unlike these heathen kids today whose
parents think
they can do no wrong.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Do you remember the Dennis the Menace movie, where Dennis is
doing "door bell ditch" on his babysitter. Mr. Wilson from
next door comes to ask a question. He pierces his finger on
the tack, taped to the door bell. They get him out the
window with.......

...... and he's standing on the door step......

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"bob haller" wrote in message

2 brothers did this many years ago, the smallest one perhaps
4 years
old.

one day i stumbled onto a old rubber halloween mask.

I waited while the older one pushed his brother to knock.

I ran out and scared the living crap out of him, chased him
the 2
doors to his home where his dad came out and asked whats up.

the father asked you been knick knocking? yeah said the
kid. go in
the house now. dad apologized.

many years later they were moving the kids asked if i
remembered that
day?

yeah so do we dad gave us a terrible spanking.

the youngest was about to get married, they turned out very
nice

Posted to alt.home.repair

You may as well go with 220volts, gives ya more bang for the buck
"Van Chocstraw" wrote in message
Porter Q. wrote:
Can I hook up a regular 120v to a doorbell button?

I have these nasty kids that ring my doorbell, then run off.

I'd like to somehow hook it up, so when they press the button, they get
shocked.

Who would I call to do this? About how much?

Just hook up a taser to it, those are legal and it will knock them on
their asses.

--
Van Chocstraw

220 V wiring question LA Home Repair 11 July 11th 06 07:24 PM
Wiring question [email protected] Home Repair 8 February 22nd 06 08:38 PM
Wiring question [email protected] Home Repair 14 December 30th 05 07:03 PM
Wiring question Gina and Les Home Repair 20 September 10th 05 03:45 PM
Wiring question john smith Woodturning 55 August 23rd 05 04:19 AM